• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Brees - The Most Overrated QB since Favre?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Hammer. You created one Breakeresque thread. But here's the real question:

Brees or Kaepernick?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Hammer. You created one Breakeresque thread. But here's the real question:

Brees or Kaepernick?

Kaepernick is certainly more talented and a better athlete (how can he not be?) but Brees' experience wins out easily. Kaepernick isn't in the same league with Brees or any other 2nd-tier QB.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees can cure AIDS.

With his tears.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's not popular to say it and the sheep will flip the fuck out in this thread. But it's time that we come out and say it.

Brees is quite possibly the most consistently overrated QB since Brett Favre. He's not an elite QB and maybe not even 2nd tier.

And I'll go a step further. Drew Brees must have been a marketing major at Purdue because it's been sheer genius how this man has profited so immensely off Hurricane Katrina sympathy. It's been amazing (and disgusting) to watch him pull it off.

And please, don't respond with numbers. Stats don't apply in this case because Drew Brees is a system QB. He's a product of a superb system that demands he work out of the shotgun on 95% of snaps. Plug someone like Flacco or Ryan into that system and they'd be true elites, threatening to enter the Peyton Manning realm. Hell, Tebow would look good in that system.

:laugh3: Hyperboledown is back to the same crap. Brees has 1 bad game in 3 seasons and now he's suddenly overrated? Did you just put Tebow in the same breath ? :laugh3:

Delusional in baseball and now football? You're a total obsessive compulsive whack job! :nod:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Hyperboledown is back to the same crap. Brees has 1 bad game in 3 seasons and now he's suddenly overrated? Did you just put Tebow in the same breath ? :laugh3:

Delusional in baseball and now football? You're a total obsessive compulsive whack job! :nod:

Still hiding from the Daily Thread, Ospreys? :burt:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope people understood my "that's a question?" comment as imlying Brees is CLEARLY a better QB than Kaepernick at this point.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope people understood my "that's a question?" comment as imlying Brees is CLEARLY a better QB than Kaepernick at this point.

Thanks for clearing that up, Sickness. We might actually be able to get tshirt talked down off the ledge now.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for clearing that up, Sickness. We might actually be able to get tshirt talked down off the ledge now.

You sent me a message threatening to ban me for sticking up for Brees

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of Brees's teammates the last 4 years have been horribly overrated by the media especially their defensive players and running backs. The media was bamboozled by them in historical fashion.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brees is overrated now. If he is it's not by as much as he was underrated in San Diego.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees can cure AIDS.

With his tears.

No one has the power tears like Knowshon

moreno.crying.gif

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brees is overrated now. If he is it's not by as much as he was underrated in San Diego.

This is kinda like that moron that said Wayne is what makes Luck good. There is no quarterback that has ever played the game that looked good with the kind of pressure and coverage that Seattle brought last night. Just give them the credit they deserve.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer

Please, just stop it with this elite crap...it's a floating barometer at best.

Brees...what more do you want from him? Yes, he throws a lot and puts up gaudy numbers...fwiw...this era of the NFL in terms of passing stats should be viewed in the same light as homeruns during the juiced ball era in MLB. Nice, but it's not that big a deal.

Product of Sean Payton? You mentioned a lot of different QBs whom would have similar numbers...well, he did work as the OC in NY, and also worked as the passing coordinator for Parcells in DAL...none of those QBs won a ring, or had the kind of success Brees has had..

I will agree with you that Brees is not the most talented QB. He certainly did max out on the SB win in terms of endorsements, new contract, etc. but winning a SB in NO...with an almost total loserville culture prior to him getting there, imo he's earned it.

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF??? Brees is far from overrated. Who the fuck comes up with this??

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a lack of football knowledge...