• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drastic rebuild option

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Stay the course with Stafford and Johnson. Fire HC & GM, bring in new staff

2016 draft...#1 overall...take the DT, Nkediche...2nd rd, BPA, 3rd BPA, etc.

If you measured the results at the end of the next 4 seasons I think option 2 would fare better.

As a Steeler fan, you might not understand this. Stafford and Johnson have been fully "Lionized" which means not only do they care if they win or lose, but at this point.... Are surprised if they don't lose.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Steeler fan, you might not understand this. Stafford and Johnson have been fully "Lionized" which means not only do they care if they win or lose, but at this point.... Are surprised if they don't lose.

Sad...two GA boys too, but like you said Lionized.

I feel you...trust me...it hasn't always been good in PIT either, but when I lived in Tampa in the 80s...the Bucs were terrible and had been for a long time...very few of the players lived in town in the offseason, the day after regular season, they would be gone, they didn't care about the city, the fans and in turn most of the city didn't care about the Bucs.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but when I lived in Tampa in the 80s...the Bucs were terrible and had been for a long time...very few of the players lived in town in the offseason, the day after regular season, they would be gone, they didn't care about the city, the fans and in turn most of the city didn't care about the Bucs.

I can't really hate on them. I left Michigan when I was in my early twenties. I remember looking around and seeing nothing but 11$ an hour factory jobs, fat chicks or 22 year old girls with 2 kids already and tons of religion. Unless you enjoy fishing, camping or outdoorsy stuff. Nothing else going on out there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really hate on them. I left Michigan when I was in my early twenties. I remember looking around and seeing nothing but 11$ an hour factory jobs, fat chicks or 22 year old girls with 2 kids already and tons of religion. Unless you enjoy fishing, camping or outdoorsy stuff. Nothing else going on out there.

Great golf up there too from what I have been told...unfortunately, my experience in MICH has only been metro DET...I understand it used to be a happening place in the 50s/60s.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've never been a legit playoff team with him, so there is would be no set-back.

They have never been "legit" but over the past 5 years or so, the media and even some retired coaches have had the Lions as legit contenders.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have never been "legit" but over the past 5 years or so, the media and even some retired coaches have had the Lions as legit contenders.

The media is wrong everyday.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My drastic rebuild starts with the ownership selling the team.

Last edited:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't deny most of this except with the times there are definitely attractive chicks in the area.. But with that said, they exist in most bigger metropolitan areas..

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire all the staff from Tom Lewand to martin Mayhew right on down the line to every damn coach.

You might as well trade Staff and CJ while you're at it and get whatever you can for either of them. We've seen enough of Staff over the last seven years and he isn't going to change with any new regime. CJ deserves to be with a winning team that has a legit chance at the SB in 2016. It's not even worth it to try to make trades before the deadline this year, especially considering the cap issues. You'll get more value for either of them after the season ends and before the draft.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire all the staff from Tom Lewand to martin Mayhew right on down the line to every damn coach.

You might as well trade Staff and CJ while you're at it and get whatever you can for either of them. We've seen enough of Staff over the last seven years and he isn't going to change with any new regime. CJ deserves to be with a winning team that has a legit chance at the SB in 2016. It's not even worth it to try to make trades before the deadline this year, especially considering the cap issues. You'll get more value for either of them after the season ends and before the draft.

Might take some big cap hits at first but should get enough young studs playing under the rookie wage scale to make up for it. Need to wash out all the old "Lionized" players who are accustomed to losing and bring that mindset into the locker room.