• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dragic gone

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy Miami got a legit PG for the first time since Tim Hardaway. Wade has never played with a legit PG in his career.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just tell me where I am wrong.

just being objective. if you dont like that i dont know what to say.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...am I missing a part of this trade?

Did the Suns trade 3 of it's 4 pg's and the Lakers pick for Brandon Knight, the Cavs late 1st rounder, Danny Granger and a bunch of scrubs?

I missing some picks, right?

I really like Brandon Knight. He and Bledsoe should play well together. But, are they willing to pay him this Summer?

Miami looks GREAT.

If Wade is healthy, they have a hell of a starting 5.

MCW should flourish under J Kid.

Brandon is not a pg and they probably didn't want to pay him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his last 138 games (last two years) he has shot just over 50 percent. I expect him to stay around that number, yes.

just tell me where I am wrong.

just being objective. if you dont like that i dont know what to say.

See Stings post just above yours? That's where you're wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the Suns trade 3 of it's 4 pg's and the Lakers pick for Brandon Knight, the Cavs late 1st rounder, Danny Granger and a bunch of scrubs?

I really like Brandon Knight. He and Bledsoe should play well together. But, are they willing to pay him this Summer?

Miami looks GREAT.

You forgot Marcus Thornton, John Salmons, & Marcus Thornton.

But yeah terrible trade for them unless the draft picks come out to be good.

Suns need new managent. Basically they're like they were last year. 2 PGs and still small up front

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Chris Paul
2. Steph Curry
3. Tony Parker
4. Russell Westbrook
5. John Wall
6. Damian Lillard
7. Kyrie Irving
8. Mike Conley
9. Derek Rose
10. Kyle Lowery

Can't argue with your top 10 outside of Rose.

Pre-Knee injury Rose was better. Not this version.

In Dragic's defense, all those guys play with at least 2 other guys that can get buckets.

How hard is it for Dame, Conley, CP3 and Steph to get assists when they are dishing to ZBo, M Gasol, Aldridge, Blake?

Plus, Dragic has played the 2 all Season.

Last year, he was 3rd Team all NBA.

You don't get that spot by being the 12th best pg in the league.

Let's see what he does now that he has a good Team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Marcus Thornton, John Salmons, & Marcus Thornton.

But yeah terrible trade for them unless the draft picks come out to be good.

Suns need new managent. Basically they're like they were last year. 2 PGs and still small up front

No, they were the scrubs I mentioned:D

Is that it, really?

Ennis, Thomas, Dragic square and the Lakers pick for Brandon Knight and a high 20's first rounder? :eek:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami looks GREAT.

Yes, they will pay him. The big get for them is clearing up space not only by ridding themselves of Thomas's contract, but by how much they save per year signing Knight to the "mini-max" that RFA's get as opposed to giving Dragic a max deal. Knight will probably command around 13-15 mil. per year and 15 is the most he could get over 5 years. While Dragic would've commanded over 5-6 mil. more per year and they are both very similar players # wise.

Thomas wasn't in their long-term plans clearly and apparently there were chemistry issues w/him. That's the second team that has booted him quickly so that has to be worrisome for Boston.

Improved team chemistry, cleared up tons of cap space, and get a solid combo guard to pair with Bledsoe? Me likey. We actually got 3 first rounders btw, 2 from Miami and 1 from Boston (via CLE) so 3 first rounders total should offset the 1 traded for sure. Thornton is a decent bench player for depth, the rest of the players will be cut.

Now Archie Goodwin, Gerald Green and TJ Warren will get some bench minutes which makes me really happy. They all have tons of upside (Goodwin,Warren).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKS, Turnup and the rest of the Heat fans...

Congrats!

Riley came thru....AGAIN!

Hell of a starting 5....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight is a RFA so he'll be a Sun for the next 4-5 years or so.

Suns still need a big. They must address that in the offseason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trjoan- want an avatar bet on if Dragic shoots 50% in Miami? Id glady let you pick me avatar for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs- while you only have to use the one i pick for the first round-

its hard for me to EXPECT any point guard in the league to shoot at 50% (except Rondo who refuses to shoot anywhere except at the rim pretty much)...its very very hard to do- especially when you have only done it for one full season once in your career

balls in your court if you want to take the bet....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now, Phoenix will have enough money to re-sign Knight & sign another player to a max contract this summer. Plus gives young guys chance to develop. They are looking towards future since OKC will surely jump over them this year. No point of a quick fix.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they will pay him. The big get for them is clearing up space not only by ridding themselves of Thomas's contract, but by how much they save per year signing Knight to the "mini-max" that RFA's get as opposed to giving Dragic a max deal. Knight will probably command around 13-15 mil. per year and 15 is the most he could get over 5 years. While Dragic would've commanded over 5-6 mil. more per year and they are both very similar players # wise.

Thomas wasn't in their long-term plans clearly and apparently there were chemistry issues w/him. That's the second team that has booted him quickly so that has to be worrisome for Boston.

Improved team chemistry, cleared up tons of cap space, and get a solid combo guard to pair with Bledsoe? Me likely. We actually got 3 first rounders btw, 2 from Miami and 1 from Boston (via CLE) so 3 first rounders total should offset the 1 traded for sure. Thornton is a decent bench player for depth, the rest of the players will be cut.

Now Archie Goodwin, Gerald Green and TJ Warren will get some bench minutes which makes me really happy. They all have tons of upside (Goodwin,Warren).

I have been hearing about Goodwin.

Is he that good?

Well, I will say your roster is more balanced and Bledsoe will really be able to spread his wings.

As long as you keep Knight, I like the composition of your Team.

I would have liked the trade more had you kept the Laker pick.

But, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck the rest of the Season and I know it feels good not to have to wonder anymore.

It's no fun when players try to hold you hostage:suds:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trjoan- want an avatar bet on if Dragic shoots 50% in Miami? Id glady let you pick me avatar for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs- while you only have to use the one i pick for the first round-

its hard for me to EXPECT any point guard in the league to shoot at 50% (except Rondo who refuses to shoot anywhere except at the rim pretty much)...its very very hard to do- especially when you have only done it for one full season once in your career

balls in your court if you want to take the bet....

No one is guaranteeing he will shoot 50+ percent, I just said expect him to shoot around 50 percent. You're looking into this way too much. Predicting exact FG percentages is pointless anyways unless using a range of #'s.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with your top 10 outside of Rose.

Pre-Knee injury Rose was better. Not this version.

In Dragic's defense, all those guys play with at least 2 other guys that can get buckets.

How hard is it for Dame, Conley, CP3 and Steph to get assists when they are dishing to ZBo, M Gasol, Aldridge, Blake?

Plus, Dragic has played the 2 all Season.

Last year, he was 3rd Team all NBA.

You don't get that spot by being the 12th best pg in the league.

Let's see what he does now that he has a good Team.

yah....i had a hard time fitting Rose in.....i was really unsure where to put him....

I like Dragic a lot as a player- dont get me wrong- but i couldnt put him over Lillard/Wall/Kyrie talent wise....and of course steph, paul, rw, parker, belong over him....

i suppose oyu could make a case with him or Lowry- but i think if you were really examining it youd take Lowry---

its really close though---- and that next group- guys like bledsoe and teague- its hard to discount them....

the PG is just so stacked.

Dragic is definitely a very good player though- and when you consider who he replaces its definitely the biggest upgrade any team made at the deadline

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not one 1st round pick, it's three 1st picks plus cash & Knight. And the Suns cleared IT's salary. Basically it's a even swap of talent between Dragic & Knight plus a net gain of two 1st round draft picks for IT & parts.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting, one really good thing I see in the Suns favor is that the money will be spent more wisely on Knight.

Sure, Dragic is better RIGHT NOW.

But, he wasn't gonna put you over the top and 100mil is a steep price to pay a guy to finish 9th every year.

It's different for Miami because they have guys who are in win now mode.

So, I see your point.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not one 1st round pick, it's three 1st picks plus cash & Knight. And the Suns cleared IT's salary.

What years are the first round picks Miami gave up? Haven't seen anything about the years. I just know we gave up 2 first round picks