• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dragic gone

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, You still want Sanders?

I heard you guys might snag Perk if he is bought out.

Javelle McGee looks like he's gonna get a buyout too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggys just upset because the Heat now has a better PG then the Cavs.
Unbelievable that Riley was dramatically upgrade our 2 by far biggest weaknesses.
Yes, James is tons better than Deng, but the Heats starting 5 when healthy is nothing to sneeze at.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have 3 Kentucky guards to focus on.......Bye Goran (us fans feel bad)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has shot just over 50% for the past 2 seasons. Why would you expect him to suddenly shoot worse?

2 seasons? this season is hardly over. And his career is well below 50% - and its EXTREMELY rare for back court players to shoot 50% unless they are a guy like Rondo who takes everything at the rim.

we shall see thoguh- bets open if you want it- ill give you today and tomorrow to think about it if you want to take it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 seasons? this season is hardly over. And his career is well below 50% - and its EXTREMELY rare for back court players to shoot 50% unless they are a guy like Rondo who takes everything at the rim.

we shall see thoguh- bets open if you want it- ill give you today and tomorrow to think about it if you want to take it

He's shot over 50% for the past 138 games. That's pretty darn close to 2 seasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of guards who had comparable seasons to Dragic's season last year

http://www.basketball-reference.com...tat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws
Unbelievable that Riley was dramatically upgrade our 2 by far biggest weaknesses.
Yes, James is tons better than Deng, but the Heats starting 5 when healthy is nothing to sneeze at.

lets just hope for a 2/7 matchup so we can see for sure....If the Heat are better at the PG, SG, PF and C position like you say then they should win....

Kyrie Irving has been a starter in the NBA more years than Dragic- and Dragic is about to be 29 and Kyrie is about to be 23

but hey- maybe you guys can become a .500 team with Dragic....and i have to agree that theres no doubt you will lock up a playoff spot in the East now...its no longer in doubt...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami gave up 2 1st rounders. They sent Norris Cole, Justin Hamilton, Shawne Williams to New Orleans... They send Danny Granger and the first rounders to Phoenix...Phoenix also gets Salmons.

well, i COULD go back to hating these clowns again...ah, nevermind...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep, nicely done. lol maybe Pat Slick is the absolute genius you always said he was...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I love what the Bucks did.

Who better to teach MCW than J Kidd?

Plus, they got Ennis to back him up.

The Bucks have a solid young core with tons of upside.
Bucks won on chemistry but they gave up more than they got back. They traded away a great young player and got a guy who cant shoot and a younin with less upside, imo. The team does make more sense but it basically means that Parker has to be a superstar or else that team is floundering.

Now if Parker is the next superstar then forget Im saying anything and everybody wins.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks won on chemistry but they gave up more than they got back. They traded away a great young player and got a guy who cant shoot and a younin with less upside, imo. The team does make more sense but it basically means that Parker has to be a superstar or else that team is floundering.

Now if Parker is the next superstar then forget Im saying anything and everybody wins.

The Greak Freak and Parker both have all-star potential. They're both so young and have tons of upside. MCW is older than Brandon Knight though... weird, isn't it?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCW is older than Brandon Knight though... weird, isn't it?
brandonknight1152.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you have MCW you need at least 1 big that can stretch the defense.

No team can have a point guard that cant shoot- and then bigs that are solely inside guys. That just does not work in todays NBA.

no team is built like that. Its just not possible- With Embiid and Noel the Sixers realized they need a point guard that can shoot. No way can you win playing Carter-Williams with 2 bigs that cant shoot......

like we were saying Mecca- with PArker and Giannis- if the Bucks get a 4 that is stretch- it could definitely work- Illysova does have a decent shot.....but its better if they could get a Ryan Anderson or Channing frye or Spencer Hawes.....

I like Henson as a rim protector big time. I thinkhe is very underated.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@LeBron overpaying for Mozgov. I didn't see anyone else giving up 2 first rounders for an average Center.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Efficient, versatile and plays defense. That's exactly the type of point guard Miami needed.

Riley magic. The man does it again.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy Miami got a legit PG for the first time since Tim Hardaway. Wade has never played with a legit PG in his career.

Jason Williams

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A problem with Wiggy's list is also we were talking PGs and he then changed his list to just guards. Dragic is a top 10 PG. I can accept 5 PGs in the league that are better than him. But no way there are 10 other guys you'd rather have that are PGs. Either way, Dragic was the best available PG out there.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A problem with Wiggy's list is also we were talking PGs and he then changed his list to just guards. Dragic is a top 10 PG. I can accept 5 PGs in the league that are better than him. But no way there are 10 other guys you'd rather have that are PGs. Either way, Dragic was the best available PG out there.

Yeah I say Dragic falls in the pack somewhere in the 6 to 10 range. There are only a short list of point guards who are definitively better than Dragic all around.

Chris Paul
Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook
John Wall
Tony Parker (stats don't measure his true value)

After that I say Dragic falls somewhere in between Kyrie, Lillard, Lowry, Rose, Conley, Rondo, Lawson etc.