• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dragic gone

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Really thought they'd be able to work something out. Apparently he wants out, because we are dumb (or smart?) enough to make Thomas a part of our long term plans. The only positive out of this it that Thomas's contract is much cheaper than whatever Goran will make in Free Agency.

Whoever gets him, congrats. You got a hell of a player. I'll always root for him.

And Mecca... go ahead, rub it in!

He, Isaiah Thomas and Miles Plumlee all gone. Just in time for the Warriors next vistit. I'm happy.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Suns got 2 SG's now, congrats.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns got worse is the main point.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They capitalized on their depth at the guard position and made a move that keeps them stable now and for the future.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They capitalized on their depth at the guard position and made a move that keeps them stable now and for the future.

Maybe for the future, but this year I don't think they got better. Why not start Green and keep Thomas off the bench?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for the future, but this year I don't think they got better. Why not start Green and keep Thomas off the bench?

They love Goodwin's game and Green's minutes have gone down big time this year due to IT. They obviously liked Knight more than Thomas which is a no-brainer IMO. That is what it came down to. Dragic was as good as gone either way, so they found a player close in skill level that is younger and will be cheaper to re-sign. They also cleared cap space and opened up opportunities for their talented reserve guards.

Overall I like what they did. They are still one piece away from contending and neither of those pieces were Thomas or Dragic.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand what people expected them to do? They aren't going to beat out OKC this year for that last playoff spot no matter what move they made. They are one of the youngest teams in the league and still rebuilding… people tend to forget that.

This offseason if they add a vet that can help down low with defense, rebounding & interior scoring then they could be a force. Clearing Thomas's contract and not paying the Dragon 20 mil a year will help in that regard.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plumlee sucks, and now you have to deal with Brandon Knight. BRING IT SONNNN

But he's big and that always kills the Warriors who struggle to rebound against Phoenix.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand what people expected them to do? They aren't going to beat out OKC this year for that last playoff spot no matter what move they made. They are one of the youngest teams in the league and still rebuilding… people tend to forget that.

This offseason if they add a vet that can help down low with defense, rebounding & interior scoring then they could be a force. Clearing Thomas's contract and not paying the Dragon 20 mil a year will help in that regard.

They tore it down and started over.

Yeah, they traded away 3 pg's.

But, they are much more balanced now.

Knight can play pg. But, he is better suited for the 2.

Under the circumstances, they did a great job of salvaging some talent.

Nobody even knew Brandon was available and Dragic took away all their trade leverage.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the moves the Suns just make basically admit that the 3 PG system was a bad idea? It looks it to me by shipping out two of those PGs. It also is what frustrated Dragic. Either way, I think the Suns did okay here. Dragic was gone this off seasons, they got something in return. Honestly, for the corner Dragic had painted them into, they did pretty good coming out of it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the moves the Suns just make basically admit that the 3 PG system was a bad idea? It looks it to me by shipping out two of those PGs. It also is what frustrated Dragic. Either way, I think the Suns did okay here. Dragic was gone this off seasons, they got something in return. Honestly, for the corner Dragic had painted them into, they did pretty good coming out of it.

:agree:

But, they didn't ship out 2 pg's, they shipped out 3...* Ennis this year's 1st rounder*.

Yeah, they waived the white flag on the 3 pg's experiment.

We all knew it wasn't sustainable if they wanted to be a legit playoff Team.

I really wonder if they signed Thomas because they thought they were gonna lose Bledsoe?

I like the move for Knight. He is up and coming and these young talented guys can grow together.

There was really no point in paying Dragic 100 mil to finish 9th every year.

Plus, they couldn't bring this guy back into that locker room after some of his statements.

I understand Goran's point. But, you usually wait until after you are traded to say those things in the press.

Guess he wanted to force their hand.

Everyone won...Heat, Suns, Dragic, Bucks, MCW and Knight.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic made those comments to force their hand. He wanted out. He was pissed off at management. It's unprofessional, but it happens in sports all the time. I read on ESPN today about the Suns GM basically calling out Dragic. I get his point of view. But the whole criticism of Dragic rings hallow to me when you admit Dragic was right about the 3 PGs with the moves you made.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt they also take Norris Cole back in the deal as well? Seemed they shipped out the same number they took back.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually traded 3 PGs and got one back in return.

I said in the summer that drafting Ennis made absolutely no sense if you planned on keeping Bledsoe & brining in Thomas to play with Dragic.

They could have drafted someone else which addressed a weakness on the roster which PG was not.

Basically the Suns wasted a year in free agency and the draft which they could have gotten better. Instead of drafting Ennis & signing Thomas, they could have try to improve the front court.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt they also take Norris Cole back in the deal as well? Seemed they shipped out the same number they took back.

Cole got traded to the Pelicans as apart of the deal.

The Knight trade sort of saved them because the Dragic deal was really bad for them IMO but as Flauge said h forced their hand. They got Granger, Hamiliton, & 2 first round draft picks from Miami.

So in other words they gave up Dragic for 2 future first round picks but he forced their hand at the last minute so can't really fault their management....it beats him leaving for nothing in July

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic made those comments to force their hand. He wanted out. He was pissed off at management. It's unprofessional, but it happens in sports all the time. I read on ESPN today about the Suns GM basically calling out Dragic. I get his point of view. But the whole criticism of Dragic rings hallow to me when you admit Dragic was right about the 3 PGs with the moves you made.

Who's criticizing him?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggys just upset because the Heat now has a better PG then the Cavs.
Unbelievable that Riley was dramatically upgrade our 2 by far biggest weaknesses.
Yes, James is tons better than Deng, but the Heats starting 5 when healthy is nothing to sneeze at.
The Heat won't improve without Bosh in the lineup.