• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dragic gone

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix and LA talked last week about a trade for Dragic. Phoenix wanted LA to remove the lottery protection of the 2015 1st rounder. LA laughed. If anything, LA should demand that any trade for Dragic includes extending the protection of that pick to at minimum top-10. They can have the 1st rounder from Houston. Phoenix is trading from the weak position. No reason to give up much for Dragic considering he can very likely be signed this summer.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only leverage Phoenix has left is the Bird Rights. Whoever trades for him has a much better chance of re-signing him so teams that want him bad will have to battle each-other for better offers.

There's still a chance PHX can hold on to him and offer him something no one else can-- a 5 year max deal. More money and an extra year. If they trade Thomas before Free Agency begins and put the money on the table then it could be hard for him to pass up unless he REALLY just wants out.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic would be a good add for any team. Also he'd a good add to a rebuilt Lakers team.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's me but I think Dragic is being a little primadona bitch about all of this. Good fucking riddance.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Dragic's POV. His numbers, minutes played & amount of time with the ball in his hands has decreased this year. The Suns took a gamble & took out some insurance by signing IT incase Bledsoe left in the 2014 offseason. But with all 3 of them in the fold, it's not making anyone happy sharing the minutes.

I still believe that if IT gets traded, Dragic will resign with Phx due to them having Bird rights & can offer $25+ mil more than any other team. He is playing hardball right now.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This came out of nowhere. He's always been so quiet and humble... it's really shocking that he would make the comments he did. What a mess.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Dragic's POV. His numbers, minutes played & amount of time with the ball in his hands has decreased this year. The Suns took a gamble & took out some insurance by signing IT incase Bledsoe left in the 2014 offseason. But with all 3 of them in the fold, it's not making anyone happy sharing the minutes.

I still believe that if IT gets traded, Dragic will resign with Phx due to them having Bird rights & can offer $25+ mil more than any other team. He is playing hardball right now.

That's what I'm thinking too. If they trade Thomas on Draft Day and offer him a max contract once Free Agency begins (25+ mil. more than anyone else can offer) of 5 years as opposed to the 4 year deals he'll get from other suitors then I find it hard for him to turn it down unless he really, really wants out. He said his frustration boils down to not playing the point more, so if Thomas leaves that clears things up for him. But idk, we'll see.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking too. If they trade Thomas on Draft Day and offer him a max contract once Free Agency begins (25+ mil. more than anyone else can offer) of 5 years as opposed to the 4 year deals he'll get from other suitors then I find it hard for him to turn it down unless he really, really wants out. He said his frustration boils down to not playing the point more, so if Thomas leaves that clears things up for him. But idk, we'll see.

He is fine with Bledsoe & him in the backcourt like last season's team. The problem now is that the team has 3 starting PG(s) on the team & Dragic rarely gets to lead the offense. It used to be Bled/Dragic running the show & now it's mainly Bled/IT running the show. Finally he got his own team after Nash left & now he has the ball taken out of his hands. I don't like the fact that he "wants" to leave, but I get why he would. I still wanna believe he is just playing hardball with the team.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So do I regarding his POV, but for him to call out the Suns front office is ridiculous. If Bledsoe got hurt or left (like I believed he was going to do) then we would be screwed and he would probably be pissed that we didn't have another good guard complenting him. My fear is we trade IT and then Dragic walks anyways, so we get nothing in return for Goran and lose a good guard in Thomas.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I regarding his POV, but for him to call out the Suns front office is ridiculous. If Bledsoe got hurt or left (like I believed he was going to do) then we would be screwed and he would probably be pissed that we didn't have another good guard complenting him. My fear is we trade IT and then Dragic walks anyways, so we get nothing in return for Goran and lose a good guard in Thomas.

We have young guys who should be ready to play & deserve minutes. Archie, Warren, & Bullock can fill the void. Enniss looks like a quality backup PG. We don't need 2-3 starting PG(s) on this team. In fact, if we were to narrow it down to 1 starting PG alongside a SG, our defense would improve.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Really thought they'd be able to work something out. Apparently he wants out, because we are dumb (or smart?) enough to make Thomas a part of our long term plans. The only positive out of this it that Thomas's contract is much cheaper than whatever Goran will make in Free Agency.

Whoever gets him, congrats. You got a hell of a player. I'll always root for him.

And Mecca... go ahead, rub it in!

a defensive gem of a player too...lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic would be a good add for any team. Also he'd a good add to a rebuilt Lakers team.
He'd be a great addition for the Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic's frustration with his role on the team -- "standing in the corner, it's not my game" -- had been building as he saw his playmaking role reduced with the offseason addition of Isaiah Thomas, giving the Suns yet another point guard to go along with he and Eric Bledsoe.

"(I want) to be a point guard, like I was in the past, all my life," Dragic said. "To be a point guard, to run the team, to have the ball in my hands and try to make plays for others. That's who I am."

"I don't trust them anymore," he said. "It happens too many times, two, three times. They give promises, OK, but -- it's hard, but at the same time, I wish them all the best. They were great to me, the past five years here. I'm always going to have a good memory about Phoenix, fans. I love this city, but it's just hit that point of my career that it's better for me and for my family to move on."

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic's frustration with his role on the team -- "standing in the corner, it's not my game" -- had been building as he saw his playmaking role reduced with the offseason addition of Isaiah Thomas, giving the Suns yet another point guard to go along with he and Eric Bledsoe.

"(I want) to be a point guard, like I was in the past, all my life," Dragic said. "To be a point guard, to run the team, to have the ball in my hands and try to make plays for others. That's who I am."

"I don't trust them anymore," he said. "It happens too many times, two, three times. They give promises, OK, but -- it's hard, but at the same time, I wish them all the best. They were great to me, the past five years here. I'm always going to have a good memory about Phoenix, fans. I love this city, but it's just hit that point of my career that it's better for me and for my family to move on."

They should trade him if they can find a good deal. Should they cave and send him out for scraps?

Hell no.

But, they can take a deal from one of the other Teams that's not on his preferred list * Sacto/Rockets/Celtics* if they are willing to part with the right assets.

I hear what Suns fans are saying about him changing his mind if Thomas is gone. But, I think that's wishful thinking.

He can't make his intentions any clearer.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, another player wouldn't mind playing for the Lakers, after I was told for a couple of years that no one wants to play here.

Anyway, if the Lakers can land Goran, with Randle coming back, Clarkson, Hill, Swaggy, Ed Davis, the top 5 pick, and some players through free agency, im loving our future.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix and LA talked last week about a trade for Dragic. Phoenix wanted LA to remove the lottery protection of the 2015 1st rounder. LA laughed. If anything, LA should demand that any trade for Dragic includes extending the protection of that pick to at minimum top-10. They can have the 1st rounder from Houston. Phoenix is trading from the weak position. No reason to give up much for Dragic considering he can very likely be signed this summer.

LOL - The Suns just don't have any leverage here because the Lakers don't need Dragic's Bird Rights - they have so much salary space and why give anything up when he will be a free agent in five months. The Lakers need to do what they are doing - tank it and wait.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - The Suns just don't have any leverage here because the Lakers don't need Dragic's Bird Rights - they have so much salary space and why give anything up when he will be a free agent in five months. The Lakers need to do what they are doing - tank it and wait.

I agree with the bolded, up to a point. Dragic has apparently told the Suns that he wants to be traded to the Lakers, Knicks or Heat. However, as of yesterday, they were apparently talking to the Celtics, Kings and Rockets.

If he goes to one of those teams, then there's a decent chance the Lakers can get him in FA. What the Suns can get for him will be determined by how much those teams are willing to give up for what could be a 2-3 month rental vs. how much teams who can get him in FA are willing to part with to get him early.

Of the 3 teams that he named, the Heat have the most incentive to get him early because adding him to the what they already have, creates a fairly significant power shift in the East.