• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drafting a RB

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like he enjoys pushing guys off. He ain't that slow either. Notice that he gets taken down from behind by the ankles.

He's going to be fun to watch.

He's that guy that can wear down a D, by the middle of the third Q guys want no more of him. A chain mover, that eats up clock.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was asking you and others on here to say where they heard it from. I know it is a message board so it came off as dickish to me so I apologize for that
I didn't recall exactly where I heard it so I googled it. The reference to google being your friend was only meant to state google was giving you your answer.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't recall exactly where I heard it so I googled it. The reference to google being your friend was only meant to state google was giving you your answer.

Haha. True but I am too lazy for that. I thought someone on here said that he was compared to Kamara

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. True but I am too lazy for that. I thought someone on here said that he was compared to Kamara
That was me. The link I posted was a google search that listed several references to Michel being compared to Kamara before that draft.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was me. The link I posted was a google search that listed several references to Michel being compared to Kamara before that draft.

Oh, I just meant an actually poster on here made the comparison, not articles

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like he enjoys pushing guys off. He ain't that slow either. Notice that he gets taken down from behind by the ankles.

He's going to be fun to watch.
Ken he ran a 4.63 at his pro day. That's not fast in today's NFL. He's not running away from most LBs let alone DBs or S. He gets taken down from behind because people catch up to him. He had some crazy holes to run through.

I still like this pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken he ran a 4.63 at his pro day. That's not fast in today's NFL. He's not running away from most LBs let alone DBs or S. He gets taken down from behind because people catch up to him. He had some crazy holes to run through.

I still like this pick.
He doesn't have good down field speed, but has nimble feet at the line of scrimmage , good stiff arm, and doesn't shy from contact and fights for ever yard. Also a good pass catcher. I like this guy a lot

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have good down field speed, but has nimble feet at the line of scrimmage , good stiff arm, and doesn't shy from contact and fights for ever yard. Also a good pass catcher. I like this guy a lot
Me too. I think he's religated mainly to STs this year though. NE didn't exercise Sony Michel 2022 contract. BB runs the tires off of him this year is my guess.

I think/hope he's our next Blount force trauma. Though many NE fans scratching their heads over taking him where they did.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still like this pick.
I haven't seen a lot, but from what I have seen he definitely has a motor. By that I mean the way a pass rusher is described... He starts and doesn't stop until he hits the ground. He also has nimble feet which makes him seem quicker... and seeming quicker does translate to being quicker... As for game break speed? How many plays in a game, or even a season actually game broke? Consistently grabbing an extra yard is more valuable than carrying game break potential that rarely game breaks.

I also like that he has the size to pulverize, but instead uses it to split seems. He neither seeks contact, nor avoids it, but positions himself to rip through tackles instead of running over people.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a lot, but from what I have seen he definitely has a motor. By that I mean the way a pass rusher is described... He starts and doesn't stop until he hits the ground. He also has nimble feet which makes him seem quicker... and seeming quicker does translate to being quicker... As for game break speed? How many plays in a game, or even a season actually game broke? Consistently grabbing an extra yard is more valuable than carrying game break potential that rarely game breaks.

I also like that he has the size to pulverize, but instead uses it to split seems. He neither seeks contact, nor avoids it, but positions himself to rip through tackles instead of running over people.
Has a very nice spin move he uses to good effect.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still like this pick.
4.63 may not be fast, but it's not that slow either.

Hell, there are guys at 4.45 that are being stated as "elite speed".

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.63 may not be fast, but it's not that slow either.

Hell, there are guys at 4.45 that are being stated as "elite speed".
Not saying it's slow. But we have double digit WRs and DBs running in the 4.2-4.3 range now. Multiple LBs running 4.4 and sub 6. While DLs are running sub 5 to sub 6.

Sorry, potential great player, but like I said he's not running away from anyone except maybe Brady and Jones.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's slow. But we have double digit WRs and DBs running in the 4.2-4.3 range now. Multiple LBs running 4.4 and sub 6. While DLs are running sub 5 to sub 6.

Sorry, potential great player, but like I said he's not running away from anyone except maybe Brady and Jones.
All good.
I made a comment quite a while back about some articles that were referring to a few WR's as being fast with a mid 4.4 speed.
To me, 4.3's are "Fast" while 4.2's are elite.
I was playing on the wording, BK said he was not that slow to which you replied he's not fast. Too me, that's pretty close to the same thing.

But...if he is not slow and he's not fast, is he halfassed?

Double but...seriously this time...

I understand there is more to speed than a low forty time, even though that is generally a good indicator.
If a person has a top speed of 20 mph but it takes him 35 yards to reach that speed, is he faster than a person that has a top speed of 18 mph but reaches that speed in 25 yards? What if his top speed is 15 mph, but he reaches that in 10 yards where the guy who tops out at 20mph is doing 10 mph. We would think that we are pretty much at top speed within a few of steps, but it is not true for all of us.
Usain Bolt did a 100 meter at an average speed of 23.35 mph. His top speed was 27.78 mph, but it took him 60 meters to get to that speed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good.
I made a comment quite a while back about some articles that were referring to a few WR's as being fast with a mid 4.4 speed.
To me, 4.3's are "Fast" while 4.2's are elite.
I was playing on the wording, BK said he was not that slow to which you replied he's not fast. Too me, that's pretty close to the same thing.

But...if he is not slow and he's not fast, is he halfassed?

Double but...seriously this time...

I understand there is more to speed than a low forty time, even though that is generally a good indicator.
If a person has a top speed of 20 mph but it takes him 35 yards to reach that speed, is he faster than a person that has a top speed of 18 mph but reaches that speed in 25 yards? What if his top speed is 15 mph, but he reaches that in 10 yards where the guy who tops out at 20mph is doing 10 mph. We would think that we are pretty much at top speed within a few of steps, but it is not true for all of us.
Usain Bolt did a 100 meter at an average speed of 23.35 mph. His top speed was 27.78 mph, but it took him 60 meters to get to that speed.
Sure as well there is football speed and also being quick.
Stevenson is quick and is tough to bring down on first contact. However, once he gets into open field and heading for the EZ there is a good chance someone tracks him down. That's not a terrible thing. Many backs will get caught. It's those sub 5 guys and lower that take it to the house.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warning: just bombs productions could make @BigKen look Lille Tyreek Hill
Fair enough..........................

I don't give a rat shit how fast anyone runs in shorts and a tee shirt.

All the difference is is with a helmet and full pads.

Give me a guy who can three cones in full pads under 9 seconds.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he Athletic's Jeff Howe said Damien Harris and Sony Michel "will be a solid one-two combo" in 2021.​

Howe added the Patriots drafted Oklahoma RB Rhamondre Stevenson with the 120th pick of the NFL Draft because Michel and Harris have struggled with injuries every year of their pro careers (Harris missed six 2020 games with an ankle injury while Michel was sidelined for seven games with a quad injury and COVID-19). Howe seems to think Harris and Michel will split the early-down role in New England this season even after Harris was the clear-cut starter until the ankle issue. Stevenson is a big back (5’11"/231) in the mold of LeGarrette Blount, who flourished in New England with Tom Brady at the helm. The rookie -- who compiled 1,180 yards and 13 touchdowns on 165 carries (7.2 YPC) across 19 collegiate games -- would be the Pats' early down back if Harris and Michel missed time in 2021. Whoever seizes the early-down banger role for the Patriots is going to have undeniable fantasy usefulness in the team's ultra run-heavy offense. It's a backfield to watch this summer, as per usual.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's straight line speed and football speed, and there's differential speed. If you can cause somebody to pause before they react you've slowed them down and increased the differential between you and them. Speed alone is meaningless, it's speed vs the competition that matters.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure as well there is football speed and also being quick.
Stevenson is quick and is tough to bring down on first contact. However, once he gets into open field and heading for the EZ there is a good chance someone tracks him down. That's not a terrible thing. Many backs will get caught. It's those sub 5 guys and lower that take it to the house.
Isn't 4.6 sub 5?