• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drafting a RB

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't 4.6 sub 5?
Sure is!

Most of this year's RB prospects were around 4:55.
Rhamondre was projected to run 4:54 but ran a little slower
Many times it's been said that running against the clock is over-rated.
Many players work on their sprinting to get look better for the draft.

Revisiting Rhamondre's draft profile:

"Team sources say Stevenson impressed them at the Senior Bowl, as he is a heavy downhill back who also was a good route-runner, pass blocked well, and caught the ball cleanly out of the backfield. They think he could become a starting workhorse back in the pros.

Stevenson started out 2020 on a suspension, but when he returned to the field he was excellent for the Sooners. He played well against Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State. Stevenson dropped weight and looked quick and powerful in 2020.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good.
I made a comment quite a while back about some articles that were referring to a few WR's as being fast with a mid 4.4 speed.
To me, 4.3's are "Fast" while 4.2's are elite.
I was playing on the wording, BK said he was not that slow to which you replied he's not fast. Too me, that's pretty close to the same thing.

But...if he is not slow and he's not fast, is he halfassed?

Double but...seriously this time...

I understand there is more to speed than a low forty time, even though that is generally a good indicator.
If a person has a top speed of 20 mph but it takes him 35 yards to reach that speed, is he faster than a person that has a top speed of 18 mph but reaches that speed in 25 yards? What if his top speed is 15 mph, but he reaches that in 10 yards where the guy who tops out at 20mph is doing 10 mph. We would think that we are pretty much at top speed within a few of steps, but it is not true for all of us.
Usain Bolt did a 100 meter at an average speed of 23.35 mph. His top speed was 27.78 mph, but it took him 60 meters to get to that speed.
Sure as well there is football speed and also being quick.
Stevenson is quick and is tough to bring down on first contact. However, once he gets into open field and heading for the EZ there is a good chance someone tracks him down. That's not a terrible thing. Many backs will get caught. It's those sub 5 guys and lower that take it to the house.
Sure is!

Most of this year's RB prospects were around 4:55.
Rhamondre was projected to run 4:54 but ran a little slower
Many times it's been said that running against the clock is over-rated.
Many players work on their sprinting to get look better for the draft.

Revisiting Rhamondre's draft profile:

"Team sources say Stevenson impressed them at the Senior Bowl, as he is a heavy downhill back who also was a good route-runner, pass blocked well, and caught the ball cleanly out of the backfield. They think he could become a starting workhorse back in the pros.

Stevenson started out 2020 on a suspension, but when he returned to the field he was excellent for the Sooners. He played well against Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State. Stevenson dropped weight and looked quick and powerful in 2020.
Oh I meant to say you need to be sub 4.6 to have a realistic chance of taking it to the house.

I'm not hating on this pick actually I'm a fan of it. I'm old school give me that big bruising back who can also make a guy miss.

His shiftiness and pass catching abilities are a plus. Even better he doesn't fumble. He could do very well with the NE line, double TEs and Jakob Johnson opening holes.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All running backs run faster than their 40 times suggest, it's that adenaline rush we don't find in a 40. Once the juices start flowing and a back "lathers up" they're going to run faster than they did without that lather.

A 4.6 anything will work for a RB, don't need to be a Curtis Dickey or a Jamaal Charles.

Thing ya want in a running back is toughness, can they take the pounding and not wimber and moan.

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure as well there is football speed and also being quick.
Stevenson is quick and is tough to bring down on first contact. However, once he gets into open field and heading for the EZ there is a good chance someone tracks him down. That's not a terrible thing. Many backs will get caught. It's those sub 5 guys and lower that take it to the house.

Oh I meant to say you need to be sub 4.6 to have a realistic chance of taking it to the house.

I'm not hating on this pick actually I'm a fan of it. I'm old school give me that big bruising back who can also make a guy miss.

His shiftiness and pass catching abilities are a plus. Even better he doesn't fumble. He could do very well with the NE line, double TEs and Jakob Johnson opening holes.
Dependable for 4-5 yards every time and a really good chance of breaking out for 15 yards? Sounds like a perfect clock eating RB to me!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dependable for 4-5 yards every time and a really good chance of breaking out for 15 yards? Sounds like a perfect clock eating RB to me!
We'll see how that transfers to the NFL? But you're right a clock eating machine. Combine that with what looks like a very good D on paper...I can see a lot of wins for this team.

They'll need it as this division is going to be no joke.