• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drafting a RB

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain this signing to me?

Maybe not the player who was drafted per se but just the fact that BB and the Patriots drafted yet another RB

Was there a need? I didn't think there was at all. Though I completely forgot Burkhead wasn't resigned... Was this a sign that they won't be re-signing him?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe not the player who was drafted per se but just the fact that BB and the Patriots drafted yet another RB

Was there a need? I didn't think there was at all. Though I completely forgot Burkhead wasn't resigned... Was this a sign that they won't be re-signing him?
Bolden and White are FAs next season.
The other three are FAs in 2023.

This is more about future than present IMO. Or BB has ideas of trading or cutting someone.

This kid is a liitle L. Blount. He gets the hard yards, not a speed demon and has a trait BB loves. He holds onto the ball.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden and White are FAs next season.
The other three are FAs in 2023.

This is more about future than present IMO. Or BB has ideas of trading or cutting someone.

This kid is a liitle L. Blount. He gets the hard yards, not a speed demon and has a trait BB loves. He holds onto the ball.

Forgot about Bolden and White's situation as well.. Just wonder if they could have gotten him later in the draft than they did.

I saw your reply in regards to WR I see what you are saying and I agree to an extent, just thought they have more pressing issues to address than RB

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Bolden and White's situation as well.. Just wonder if they could have gotten him later in the draft than they did.

I saw your reply in regards to WR I see what you are saying and I agree to an extent, just thought they have more pressing issues to address than RB
The only other area that maybe needed addressing was WR. BB must've had a better value on this kid?

Go look at the roster now.

They are flush everywhere else. Could've went S or DB not knowing what next year will hold? But that's about the same as the RB picture. They also had a lot of injuries to the RBs last couple years. Nice for some insurance.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only other area that maybe needed addressing was WR. BB must've had a better value on this kid?

Go look at the roster now.

They are flush everywhere else. Could've went S or DB not knowing what next year will hold? But that's about the same as the RB picture. They also had a lot of injuries to the RBs last couple years. Nice for some insurance.

Yeah I shouldn't "dig" too much into this pick since you are right depth is never a bad thing... It's just odd they did after it going "so well" on Michel

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I shouldn't "dig" too much into this pick since you are right depth is never a bad thing... It's just odd they did after it going "so well" on Michel
I think the Michel pick can be explained by his comparison to Alvin Kamara a year after AK set the league on fire.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Michel pick can be explained by his comparison to Alvin Kamara a year after AK set the league on fire.

People compared Michel to Kamara!?!?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several teams inquired about Michele's availability before the draft and nothing happened. Bill might trade him if another team loses a starter and they don't have a quality back up. Burkhead's knee was pretty bad and BB may not want to bring him back. Brining in a new guy also sends warning signals to guys like Bolden.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several teams inquired about Michele's availability before the draft and nothing happened. Bill might trade him if another team loses a starter and they don't have a quality back up. Burkhead's knee was pretty bad and BB may not want to bring him back. Brining in a new guy also sends warning signals to guys like Bolden.

Sorry but Burkhead is just injured too often. As good of a player as he is I just don't see him on the team this year. Too bad because he's fun to watch but every play he's in I assume is his last play of the season.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy is a beast, a monster and he comes in without a lot of NCAA wear and tear. Great pick up as you will see.

Saw him play 4/5 times and everytime he impressed the hell out of me. Total powerhouse.

While not in favor of spending a first round pick on any RB, they are needed to close out a game, move the chains.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Burkhead is just injured too often. As good of a player as he is I just don't see him on the team this year. Too bad because he's fun to watch but every play he's in I assume is his last play of the season.
His last injury wasn't the same as his others. It was an irresponsible hit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was asking you and others on here to say where they heard it from. I know it is a message board so it came off as dickish to me so I apologize for that

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a beast, a monster and he comes in without a lot of NCAA wear and tear. Great pick up as you will see.

Saw him play 4/5 times and everytime he impressed the hell out of me. Total powerhouse.

While not in favor of spending a first round pick on any RB, they are needed to close out a game, move the chains.

Was he impressive due to holes being created for him by his OL? Did he create the holes himself?