• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 NFL Draft: There's only one five-tool receiver in the 2021 draft class | NFL Draft | PFF

KYLE PITTS IS THE DRAFT’S ONLY TRUE FIVE-TOOL RECEIVER

Pitts’ gaudy pro day simply provided quantitative data for what we already knew: The man is a monster. He's 6-foot-5 and 245 pounds with 4.44 speed and the longest wingspan (83.38 inch) among any WR or TE in the NFL during the last 20 years to boot. Oh, and by the way: Pitts doesn’t even turn 21 until October.

PFF has never given a college pass-catcher a higher single-season grade than 2020 Pitts (96.2). The man truly didn’t miss all season and didn’t drop a single pass. Attempting to check Pitts with a mere mortal routinely ended poorly for defenders of all shapes and sizes. Overall, Pitts averaged 4.91 yards per route run against man coverage in 2020, which was the third-highest mark in the NCAA and just about two yards higher than any other player at the position.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HONORABLE MENTION

I’m most-intrigued by Nico Collins when it comes to projecting a later-round talent to exceed expectations. He checks every box from a size/speed perspective and deserves some benefit of the doubt from a production standpoint due to Michigan’s general refusal to employ a modern passing attack. Collins isn’t a perfect prospect and needs to improve his overall route-running ability; just realize he makes up for it with physicality and “my ball” mentality.
Pitts is the only acceptable selection ahead of Waddle for us IMO. I am not sure Chase would fit as well in our new offense but obviously he is another. I am not 100% sold on Smith though. Just looks too frail to me. Seems more risky. Maybe if we trade back and he is still there then I would take the chance.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not 100% sold on Smith though. Just looks too frail to me.

The NFL is littered with these type of guys and he's been getting hit by the likes of NFL built players for four years. Every single incoming rookie prospect can be hurt in a rookie camp or for years on end that are bigger, taller etc. SEE Eifert the TE.

Your Waddle homerism is taking over. * I sure would like to see Waddle though or Chase or Smith because I really don't care which one of those it is if they're drafted.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts seems like Calvin Johnson based on all athletic metrics you see.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase would fit as well in our new offense but obviously he is another.

Chase was (didn't play 2020 but who cares) a better player than Justin Jefferson and the two would have similar type QB's throwing to them (Cousins is more like Goff in many aspects from arm strength, mechanics, thinking/reading defenses on-field etc., I get the downward slide for Goff the last two years but there's more similarities among those two than most experts would admit). jmo

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts seems like Calvin Johnson based on all athletic metrics you see.

He doesn't have Calvin's ability to sink his hips regardless of metrics for 3-cone/short-shuttle

Watch Pitts closely is his games and you'll see what I'm referring to. Granted, Pitts didn't have a gunslinger throwing 98 m.p.h. fastballs a foot off the turf either like Calvin did

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch out for Browning if he's available at No.41. Personally, I believe Werner is ready day 1 wherever you use him and has a higher floor with Browning the higher risk, higher ceiling but the latter has a ways to go, imo

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Evans would be a nice grab if he lasted until the 5th but he's not a need this year. I think he'd become an excellent replacement for Kerryon. Once again, RB 4 isn't a need in this draft unless they pick up some extra 5th/6th round picks.