• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty interesting take that KC Chiefs have so much faith in this draft for OT that they trade for Ravens Orlando Brown - a proven OT at NFL level - besides I'm sure they see another 3-4 year run and this trade makes sense

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLDR for most but all I've got is time

until it no longer exists

Good article on why they draft draft a QB this year and how questionable next years QB's appear at this time

not stating I'm in agreement with this article either

Why the Detroit Lions should draft a quarterback in the first round - Pride Of Detroit

other similar articles as to why draft player "insert name"

The Detroit Lions should draft Jaylen Waddle - Pride Of Detroit

The Detroit Lions should draft Kyle Pitts - Pride Of Detroit

Why the Detroit Lions should draft Micah Parsons - Pride Of Detroit

Why the Detroit Lions should draft Rashawn Slater - Pride Of Detroit

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stats for QB Justin Fields versus top 25

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late Day 3 prospect

Slot WR Dazz Newsome

Dazz Newsome may be a late round value for a team in the 2021 NFL Draft. - Tar Heel Blog

In the past three seasons as a regular and a starter, Newsome had just 13 out of his 1,055 snaps as a receiver outside of the slot. Last season, he ranked 8th in the country with 54 slot catches and 10th with 684 slot reception yards.

Last season, Newsome had one of the top contested catch rates in the country at 80 percent.

In 2019 and 2020, Newsome was 11 of 16 with contested catches, proving that pulling down those tough catches was no fluke.

A unique attribute of Newsome’s game is being a deep-ball threat from the slot.

In his junior season, Newsome led all slot receivers with six touchdowns of 20 yards or greater and 13 total deep catches. He pulled in five deep ball last season.

Last season, Newsome ranked 16th in the nation in forced missed tackles with 14. He reached that threshold in each of the past three seasons.

Newsome has a missed tackle rate per touch (30 percent) that is second-best compared to all to other receivers in the 2021 NFL Draft.

According to Pro Football Focus, Newsome was the fifth-highest-graded punt-returner over the past three seasons.

THE UGLY

One of Newsome’s offseason goals before the 2020 season was to reduce his number of drops.

He achieved that, with four drops last season. However, a rating of 20 drops on 208 catchable balls remains a concern.

Every draft profile for Newsome mentions his “body catching,” or letting the ball get to his chest.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some mocks from Pride of Detroit writer's

Pitts isn't making it past 6 and most likely 4 outside of ATL trading to a QB needy team

Screen_Shot_2021_04_25_at_10.33.02_PM.png

Detroit Lions dueling mock draft: 6 different 7-round mocks - Pride Of Detroit

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamin Davis comp for this site is KJ Wright. I like that low % of missed tackles and if his comp comes to fruition that would be one helluva get.

2021 NFL Draft LB Rankings - Fantasy Columns (nbcsports.com)

A long-levered athlete with a tapered frame, Davis wraps up through contact. His 7.3% career missed tackle rate was superb, flubbing a mere 11 on 150 career attempts.

Davis lacks coverage experience, but he's shown a ton of potential when he's been on the field. In 295 coverage snaps last season, Davis had three interceptions (including one pick-six) while allowing a mere 240 yards on 40 targets. Davis’ length and field vision are as big of weapons in this phase as his athleticism.

Over 406 career coverage snaps, Davis picked off five balls with an NFL passer rating allowed of 55.8. Most of those snaps came in zone, however. According to PFF, Davis had only 26 snaps in man coverage last year.

In his small sample of blitzes, Davis showed promise as a pass-rusher, finishing last season with a higher PFF grade in that area than Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Zaven Collins, Nick Bolton, Jabril Cox and Baron Browning.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot off the press
nearly 6 hours ago

BTW, in last years draft, Phins drafted former USC OT Austin Jackson - 1st round, former La Laf RT Robert Hunt - 2nd round and former Georgia LG Solomon Kindley - 4th round. (Gawd, I wanted Hunt so bad but not at No. 39 overall)

Dolphins trade Ereck Flowers to the Washington Football Team; move Robert Hunt to right guard - The Phinsider

If Hunt moves to guard, expect the Dolphins to fill in either Jesse Davis, newly signed veteran D.J. Fluker, a high-end draft pick, or a new free agent signee at right tackle. The team’s top offensive line assets, as the roster currently stands, are Jackson, Hunt, Kindley, Davis, Fluker, free agent signee Matt Skura (likely starting at center), and former Wisconsin Badger Michael Deiter. Adam Pankey and Durval Queiroz Neto round out the depth chart. With Flowers out of the picture and Hunt’s potential move to guard in the fold, a variety of starting-five combinations are now in play for head coach Brian Flores and his staff.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Jackson played RT for USC but I don't see him moving to RT and becoming Tua's blind side protector so, if the scenario for Miami buying back into No. 6 is for an OT then Slater should be their choice (Sewell hasn't played RT and Slater had 2 years at RT before moving to LT for one year. It could be Sewell though as their selection)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this nonsense being written by sports media is damn near laughable regarding not trading down to draft slot "X" because the blue chip players are gone. Try telling that to Jaire Alexander or TJ Watt or Cee Dee Lamb or Cesar Ruiz or Patrick Queen or Jeffrey Simmons or Josh Jacobs or Montez Sweat.

How about player possibilities in this years draft should the Lions trade with NE for No. 15, No. 46, and No. 122 plus, next years 2nd round: Micah Parsons, Rashod Bateman, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Kwity Paye, Darrisaw, Jenkins, Alijah Vera Tucker and the list goes on. Any one of these players could be of benefit and a starter to the Lions whether you agree or not of being worthy of the 15th overall selected player.

Hell yes, I'd take that NE trade because I get that No. 15 pick and could maneuver all around with either of pick NO. 41 and/or No.46 not to mention getting that 2022 2nd round pick no matter where it ends up being slotted.

I would not do the Bears or WFT trades with extra picks - too long to write down scenarios.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions left tackle Taylor Decker on drafting an offensive lineman: ‘Let’s do it’ - Pride Of Detroit

With the seventh overall pick in Thursday’s draft, the Detroit Lions are in a prime position to add a player that could become a franchise talent to kickstart a rebuild. Given the positional value and the talent in this year’s class, offensive tackles Penei Sewell and Rashawn Slater are very real possibilities to land in Detroit.

But if you think for a second that current Lions left tackle Taylor Decker would be intimidated or concerned with the Lions adding an offensive lineman in this weekend’s draft, you couldn’t be more off base.

“Take all the linemen in the draft,” Decker said. “I love it because I’m an offensive lineman, and I see a lot of value in that position. I would love it. If we can add talent at any position wherever it may be, let’s do it.”

And while guys like Sewell or Slater could have a ceiling as a starting left tackle in the NFL, Decker isn’t worried about it.

“If you’re asking if I’m concerned about job? Um... no. I’m not.”

And there’s no real reason for Decker to be concerned, even if the Lions add a tackle in the first round. The Lions left tackle signed a four-year extension last year, and he’s coming off arguably his best season in the NFL, finishing just outside the top 10 in PFF grade (82.0, 12th) among all offensive tackles. His spot at left tackle is safe for 2021 and likely beyond.

Decker has been good and he knows it. That confidence is one of three reasons he gave for being open—and even excited—about the possibility of adding offensive line competition in the draft.

“Being confident in what you can do, controlling what you can control, and then knowing there’s other people that can add value outside of what you can do,” Decker explained.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Detroit Lions should draft DeVonta Smith - Pride Of Detroit

Why DeVonta Smith?​

On the field, you’d be hard-pressed to find any real negatives to Smith’s game. He might look small, but he plays big. In 2020, Smith led all of college football with 618 receiving yards after contact.

Many will claim that Smith’s stats are inflated and point to the fact that he led the country in screen passes and screen yards, but he also led the nation in deep catches (15) and deep yards (589). A large part of that is due to his nuanced releases and elite ball skills. Despite his lack of size, Smith was one of the top receivers in the country against press-man coverage. He also had one of the highest PFF receiving grades against man-coverage in the nation (96.1). Smith’s ability to go up and grab the ball in contested situations at a 50-pound disadvantage is inhuman.