• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe makes it via UDFA ?

This guy is on crack. I cant seem him going on day 2. Maybe a team reaches in the 5th round for him. This draft is loaded with QB and WR talent and they will dominate the first 2 rounds along with some tackles. Honestly this looks like a weak defensive draft so who knows what order the defensive players go.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we took Waddle for the slot that is the missing link IMO. Already added Perriman and Williams outside and Hock inside as well. I would love to have another in this draft but we need to make a deal for that to happen. Maybe like you said trade back in round 2 and get another 4th.

Missing link? Are we really pretending that Perriman & Williams are quality WR 1 & 2's? Come on.

If we go WR, I hope it's Smith. Playing the comp game, I'd rather have Jerry Rice than Tyreek Hill.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing link? Are we really pretending that Perriman & Williams are quality WR 1 & 2's? Come on.

If we go WR, I hope it's Smith. Playing the comp game, I'd rather have Jerry Rice than Tyreek Hill.
I would love it if there was a rice comp in this draft, there is not. Smith is Calvin Ridley at best. For me, if Chase falls he is the easy pick, if he does not then trade back.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if there was a rice comp in this draft, there is not. Smith is Calvin Ridley at best. For me, if Chase falls he is the easy pick, if he does not then trade back.

Respectfully disagree. Not saying Smith is definitely Rice, but he's closer to Rice than Ridley. Smith, technically, is as close to Rice as we've seen in some time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or are pro day 40s much faster than when they did them at the combine. Seems like every other player is a sub 4.4 this year.

Edit: Sorry wrong quote

You're not wrong.
Hardly any pro days use laser time.
They're hand timed.

The NFL combine 40, I believe, is run by Pittsburgh Steelers sports performance and conditioning coach, Garrett Giemont and he's been in charge of the 40 for 12-13 years.

He stated, if I've got the right guy, that you can add 0.10 to 0.15 to a hand time to get a more true and accurate time closer to a laser time. He claimed that an added average of 0.12 to hand time is most accurate.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is on crack. I cant seem him going on day 2. Maybe a team reaches in the 5th round for him. This draft is loaded with QB and WR talent and they will dominate the first 2 rounds along with some tackles. Honestly this looks like a weak defensive draft so who knows what order the defensive players go.

you know how crazy people get when hyping an NFL prospect. I just laughed and moved on.

Maybe he gets drafted late 3 day, like you stated. We've witnessed players drafted that fans believe are extreme reaches. Nearly every teams board will look different than what the media and fans believe a teams board should/could be.

Look at the Tavai pick. BQ

Gruden and Mayock have had reaches, imo. Ferrell, Joseph and Abram

Schneider and Carroll

Hoodie

and the list is never ending

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranked 34th out of 1134 OT since 1987. There's nearly a handful more in this draft with close athletic skills similar to Slater. Top 10% if I'm not mistaken.

This is the draft to secure that RT spot for the future, imo.

Slater and others should be graded a little lower than 7th overall but who knows what Holmes and company grades are.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

Football players with Elite athletic skills.

What a thought

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree. Not saying Smith is definitely Rice, but he's closer to Rice than Ridley. Smith, technically, is as close to Rice as we've seen in some time.
I am willing to up the comp to Desean Jackson that can actually run routes. Final Offer

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to up the comp to Desean Jackson that can actually run routes. Final Offer

That's a fair comp but, I believe using Calvin Ridley as a comp to Smith is just as accurate - as receiver, route runner, hands etc. but Ridley probably timed better in a 40 (don't know about D. Smith but his on-field speed is More than Adequate. The list of superlatives defining Smith is far greater than Ridley's, imo)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair comp but, I believe using Calvin Ridley as a comp to Smith is just as accurate - as receiver, route runner, hands etc. but Ridley probably timed better in a 40 (don't know about D. Smith but his on-field speed is More than Adequate. The list of superlatives defining Smith is far greater than Ridley's, imo)
Smith is going to be a beast. Even bad comps show future probowls. I think there are 5-6 in this draft that can be multi-time probowlers, so I am not thrilled to spend a top 10 pick on one. Chase being the exception because I think he Is like Jesus Christ, but only if Jesus Christ could play football.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is going to be a beast. Even bad comps show future probowls. I think there are 5-6 in this draft that can be multi-time probowlers, so I am not thrilled to spend a top 10 pick on one.

I get where you're coming from but I'd rather draft one of those most likely to get at No.7 than to hope they draft one of the other WR in your list of 5-6. Hoping to draft one of those other WR can possibly leave you empty.

There's no guarantee to having a partner to trade down or even up.

Sometimes you got to take the more guaranteed route when there might be 2-3 for the taking at No. 7.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you're coming from but I'd rather draft one of those most likely to get at No.7 than to hope they draft one of the other WR in your list of 5-6. Hoping to draft one of those other WR can possibly leave you empty.

There's no guarantee to having a partner to trade down or even up.

Sometimes you got to take the more guaranteed route when there might be 2-3 for the taking at No. 7.

Smith is at risk though! you know he is super skinny, this means his knee caps will protrude!!!! THE BITING BLUE, FOR GODSAKES THE BITING.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC Campbell mentioned a few times how to build a team with the likes of a Luke Kuechly, Brian Urlacher and two more LB (forget their names)

Detroit Lions 2021 NFL Draft Top Ideal Picks Micah Parsons - Sports Illustrated Detroit Lions News, Analysis and More

Speaking at his pro day, Parsons indicated he had multiple conversations with Detroit's coaching staff.

"I talked to the Lions a couple of times," he said. "Honestly, I would be blessed to really go anywhere, but obviously playing on a team with Chris Spielman -- someone who could enhance my game -- would be terrific for me. Someone who I could learn and grow and push me to get better every day. That's all I need."

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is at risk though! you know he is super skinny, this means his knee caps will protrude!!!! THE BITING BLUE, FOR GODSAKES THE BITING.

Odds are definitely not with him succeeding according to media resources comparing similar frame WR drafted and played BEFORE.

But, I've watched damn near every game this kid has played since his true frosh year and he has taken so many hits from defensive players over that time and has gotten up every single time.

Hell, this past CFB CG versus tOSU he was hit by Werner, Hilliard, Browning, Wade and Proctor (S) and he took those hits and bounced right back up. This doesn't even mention going against the likes of Kentucky LB Davis or LSU LB Cox or any other SEC defensive player coming out for this draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions Struggle Drafting Linebackers NFL Draft PFF - Sports Illustrated Detroit Lions News, Analysis and More

The Detroit Lions have consistently struggled to identify productive running backs, tight ends and linebackers in the NFL Draft.

According to Pro Football Focus, Detroit has had much better success drafting wide receivers and offensive linemen over the past 10 years.

Recall, in the past decade, Detroit has invested precious draft picks on Kyle Van Noy, Jarrad Davis, Jahlani Tavai and Ronnell Lewis.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe different regime making picks - Holmes only provided CFB scouting and Les Snead made those picks - history had shown GM's Snead and Dorsey didn't draft off-ball LB in early rounds.

I wonder how Campbell and Holmes view team building with this particular draft. There are several WR after the first round that could be beneficial but how do they view the off-ball LB group ? Maybe they get shut out after the first round and other teams beat them to drafting that leader of the defense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I was attempting to reference regarding Parsons. It seemed somewhat strange coming from a HC who played TE but is speaking of the opposite side of the ball.

Detroit Lions mock draft roundup: One WR is starting to separate from the pack - Pride Of Detroit

We also can’t help but go back to what new head coach Dan Campbell said about building a “core foundation” recently. And for the examples of players who fit that mold, Campbell mentioned Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs and Luke Kuechly. This should be GM Brad Holmes’ call. But don’t forget that Chris Spielman is helping steer the direction of the franchise, as is senior personnel executive John Dorsey. Spielman is a former linebacker, and Dorsey never seemed to fret over certain character concerns, like the ones Parsons carries with his evaluation. If the Lions could slide back and grab Parsons, we’d like it even more.”

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going be an interesting draft this year and the following two drafts.