• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already added Perriman and Williams outside and Hock inside as well. I would love to have another in this draft but we need to make a deal for that to happen.

Finish the damn offense this year. If you want to help Goff out that's what needs to happen. Helps Hock and Swift/Decker/Jackson/Ragnow
This theory won't go over very well but....

The defense will take 2-3 drafts. weak ass class of iDL who aren't proven pass rushers and Edge rushers are iffy this year

Next years QB's, OT's, and WR's are weak as hell. Get the RT and RG/RT swing, X and Slot this year.

Like I said maybe dropping down from No.41 (4-5 spots, depends who's there) gets you an extra 4th round and repeat at No. 72 or No.101, once again depends on who's there.

Obviously no guarantee in trading down but the lower the round, teams are more apt to move up because it's cheaper.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finish the damn offense this year. If you want to help Goff out that's what needs to happen. Helps Hock and Swift/Decker/Jackson/Ragnow
This theory won't go over very well but....

The defense will take 2-3 drafts. weak ass class of iDL who aren't proven pass rushers and Edge rushers are iffy this year

Next years QB's, OT's, and WR's are weak as hell. Get the RT and RG/RT swing, X and Slot this year.

Like I said maybe dropping down from No.41 (4-5 spots, depends who's there) gets you an extra 4th round and repeat at No. 72 or No.101, once again depends on who's there.

Obviously no guarantee in trading down but the lower the round, teams are more apt to move up because it's cheaper.
I agree with all of this especially the D-line (except for my homerism for Kwity)

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal here is to demonstrate the levels of talent that should be available in each round, not advocating for any one path. Keep in mind the off-ball LB spot is one that GM Brad Holmes, senior assistant John Dorsey and head coach Dan Campbell have all not valued above the middle rounds in any of their prior stops, however.

The players listed here are generally projected as fits in the top 10 picks of the round listed

BB_72: Davis makes no sense as fits in top 10 picks of round listed. hhhmmm

Lions 2021 draft: A linebacker for every round (usatoday.com)

First round: Jamin Davis, Kentucky

Second round: Baron Browning, Ohio State

Third round: Jabril Cox, LSU

Fourth round: Chazz Surratt, North Carolina​

Fifth round: Derrick Barnes, Purdue

Sixth round: Tony Fields, West Virginia

Seventh round: Grant Stuard, Houston

BB_72: outside of not being a so-called not above mid-round off-ball LB, Browning makes sense as an in-waiting MIKE to take over for Jamie Collins

I'm surprised that Pete Werner didn't make it for round 4 and same for Garrett Wallow either 5th or at worse 6th round
I will add a UDFA to take a chance on as well

Morgan State Rico Kennedy

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add a UDFA to take a chance on as well

Morgan State Rico Kennedy

Worth a shot.
We need LB in a big way
He annihilated Rutgers pretty much all by himself

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First round: Jamin Davis, Kentucky

Second round: Baron Browning, Ohio State

Third round: Jabril Cox, LSU

Fourth round: Chazz Surratt, North Carolina​

Fifth round: Derrick Barnes, Purdue

Sixth round: Tony Fields, West Virginia

Seventh round: Grant Stuard, Houston

BB_72: outside of not being a so-called not above mid-round off-ball LB, Browning makes sense as an in-waiting MIKE to take over for Jamie Collins

I'll give myself an Atta Boy, Blue

Crabbs' 2021 NFL Draft First-Round Grades | The Draft Network

24. Baron Browning LB , Ohio State
_ohiostate.jpg

Final Grade: 85.00 / 100

Browning finally got a chance to shine at outside linebacker in 2020; returning to his natural position and (magically, but not really!) looked like a much more comfortable and natural player. His work in the CFB Playoff was teach tape as a linebacker dropping into zones and he's also got value as a pressure player off the edge. That is the makings of a three-down linebacker; hence the high grade.

Personal comparison: LB Jamie Collins

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just in case we somehow drop down into the teens

15. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB , Notre Dame
_notredame.jpg

Final Grade: 86.00 / 100

You won't find many linebackers in the NFL with the dynamics that Owusu-Koramoah brings to the table. He's spent the majority of his time on the hashes as a coverage option in the slot but he's fearless and instinctive to shoot and attack in the box. Owusu-Koramoah's appeal lies in his ability to play on all three downs. He can serve as a subpackage defender or as a 4-3 WILL linebacker in base, so the odds are pretty strong that he'll never leave the field once he's acclimated to the pro game.

Personal comparison: LB Lavonte David

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

I would take LT Christian Darrisaw over JOK.

probably
maybe

18. Christian Darrisaw OT , Virginia Tech​

_virginiatech.jpg

Final Grade: 85.50 / 100

I like Darrisaw quite a bit. He's not as dynamic as some of the other tackles, but he's rock solid across the board and has solidified his standing as a viable NFL left tackle after a strong season in 2020. If you're hoping for a top tackle and miss the early run, Darrisaw is a strong consolation prize.​

Personal comparison: OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

I would take LT Christian Darrisaw over JOK.

probably

maybe

18. Christian Darrisaw OT , Virginia Tech

_virginiatech.jpg

Final Grade: 85.50 / 100

I like Darrisaw quite a bit. He's not as dynamic as some of the other tackles, but he's rock solid across the board and has solidified his standing as a viable NFL left tackle after a strong season in 2020. If you're hoping for a top tackle and miss the early run, Darrisaw is a strong consolation prize.

Personal comparison: OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

I am shocked to read this. I wouldnt even do that and I am not a fan of those tweener guys usually.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give myself an Atta Boy, Blue

Crabbs' 2021 NFL Draft First-Round Grades | The Draft Network

24. Baron Browning LB , Ohio State​

_ohiostate.jpg

Final Grade: 85.00 / 100

Browning finally got a chance to shine at outside linebacker in 2020; returning to his natural position and (magically, but not really!) looked like a much more comfortable and natural player. His work in the CFB Playoff was teach tape as a linebacker dropping into zones and he's also got value as a pressure player off the edge. That is the makings of a three-down linebacker; hence the high grade.

Personal comparison: LB Jamie Collins

I will let you borrow this.

Congratulations Ego GIF

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked to read this. I wouldnt even do that and I am not a fan of those tweener guys usually.

He's extremely under-rated and a mauling, road grading LT, with better than average pass-pro skills. He'd start day 1 at RT (reg season).

and I love me some JOK

but I'd sacrifice JOK to make that line Dominating which would also help Swift, Hock and whichever WR's (yep, that's plural) are drafted this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or are pro day 40s much faster than when they did them at the combine. Seems like every other player is a sub 4.4 this year.

Edit: Sorry wrong quote