• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft redo

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay we know where everyone went now and Im sure you have looked at the possibilities. If we stay at 47 and no trades are made what are your picks through 3 rounds.

I said the other day 1. Dix/ Pryor 2. Ealy 3. Sutton /Nix/ Ellis 4.Aiken/ Desir 5. Seastrunk. From watching us draft though and knowing what we were going after

1. Dix/ Pryor 2. Attochua 3. Gabe Jackson . Would you take that over Martin / Lawrence

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Martin and Lawrence with no 3rd pick was the way to go then???

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Martin and Lawrence with no 3rd pick was the way to go then???

I am currently listening to Stephen Jones & Season Ticket Holder Conference call on the Cowboys App. A fan ask almost this exact scenario. So far it is some good insight. Stephen said Lawrence was the highest RE on their board by far and they would have taken Ealy had they not traded up, but he was viewed as a LE. He also said that Jerrigan was not in the mix. These were known facts for anyone who was actually listening before the draft.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay we know where everyone went now and Im sure you have looked at the possibilities. If we stay at 47 and no trades are made what are your picks through 3 rounds.

I said the other day 1. Dix/ Pryor 2. Ealy 3. Sutton /Nix/ Ellis 4.Aiken/ Desir 5. Seastrunk. From watching us draft though and knowing what we were going after

1. Dix/ Pryor 2. Attochua 3. Gabe Jackson . Would you take that over Martin / Lawrence

Stephen Jones said they would have took Konly & OG Turner. How would you felt about that?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with Stephen that Ealy was more of a LDE, thats why I went with Attachu

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martin is such a strong pick- I would go with the way the Cowboys did it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Turner guy in the third, but I also liked Arkin. Martin is the real deal.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Turner guy in the third, but I also liked Arkin. Martin is the real deal.

Imagine the reaction on this board had they taken another Guard in the 3rd round :bawling: :laugh3:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the reaction on this board had they taken another Guard in the 3rd round :bawling: :laugh3:

Actually, a guard would look pretty damn good compared to what we got in the 3rd round...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, a guard would look pretty damn good compared to what we got in the 3rd round...

LOL...I was just going to say the same thing.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would look better than nothing which is what we got.

Once again you missed the point had the Cowboys keep their picks and drafted 2 Guards in the first 3 Rounds, with this team needing Defense most would be bitching. Have you had your pot of coffee this morning Old man? You a little slow than usual today.............

# "The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup"

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again you missed the point had the Cowboys keep their picks and drafted 2 Guards in the first 3 Rounds, with this team needing Defense most would be bitching. Have you had your pot of coffee this morning Old man? You a little slow than usual today.............

Your missing the point. If we kept our picks we most likely have two DL instead of one dwarf DE. Please show us where anyone wanted two OL in the first three rounds .No one mentioned the possibility of taking a Guard in the 3rd other than you trying to defend your thoughts that the trade and Lawrence was the right way to go.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your missing the point. If we kept our picks we most likely have two DL instead of one dwarf DE. Please show us where anyone wanted two OL in the first three rounds .No one mentioned the possibility of taking a Guard in the 3rd other than you trying to defend your thoughts that the trade and Lawrence was the right way to go.

I just reference where Stephen Jones (Jerry's kid), you know the guy who actually is involved in making decisions for the Cowboys? Is on record saying the Guard from LSU was @ the top of the board in the 3rd& they would of taken him. I am also listening to "Talking Cowboys" right now and they said the exact same thing. Maybe as a Cowboys fan you should invest a little time on the officials teams website so you can be more informed with the goings on with the Cowboys. Instead of looking "Sterling" like trying to put me in my place :L

#TAP OUT!

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cat got your tongue, old man? Stay in your lane, cause this ain't what you want. I will make you look as FOOLISH as your role model EVERY TIME!!

#Checkmate

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to hear Pdays take on Lawrence and the move to get him

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think knowing what we know now. The better question would be would you rather the Cowboys taken Lawrence @ 16 and keep the 2nd round pick and taking maybe two lesser players, or having Martin and Lawrence?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think knowing what we know now. The better question would be would you rather the Cowboys taken Lawrence @ 16 and keep the 2nd round pick and taking maybe two lesser players, or having Martin and Lawrence?

I meant the 2&3 round picks..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that isn't what happened. We can only compare what actually happened to the scenario brought up. I'd rather have a Guard than nothing at all, but it wouldn't be my ideal situation. But, unlike most here I try to focus on the long term with draft picks. So I may be the only one here to think this, but I wouldn't have gone crazy over taking Martin, defense in the 2nd and then a Guard in the 3rd if we thought those were clearly the best players . We need to replace both Bernardeau and Free. This year they could all fight for starting jobs and in the future our line would be set for years. Plus, what if Tyron Smith decides he doesn't want to play for Dallas any more?