• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft redo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think knowing what we know now. The better question would be would you rather the Cowboys taken Lawrence @ 16 and keep the 2nd round pick and taking maybe two lesser players, or having Martin and Lawrence?

For me DEFINITELY not do the trade and instead take our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Whether they are lesser players or not is clearly debatable. It's possible we still could have drafted Lawrence himself at 47. I'm sure the team themselves is debating whether they did the right thing or not regardless of what they say in a sales pitch conference call to season ticket holders. I'm sure i can see Jerry or Stephen saying 'we screwed up and shouldn't have made the trade'. They will fight their decisions with their last breadth before they'd admit to anything. Time to move on and see if it works out...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that isn't what happened. We can only compare what actually happened to the scenario brought up. I'd rather have a Guard than nothing at all, but it wouldn't be my ideal situation. But, unlike most here I try to focus on the long term with draft picks. So I may be the only one here to think this, but I wouldn't have gone crazy over taking Martin, defense in the 2nd and then a Guard in the 3rd if we thought those were clearly the best players . We need to replace both Bernardeau and Free. This year they could all fight for starting jobs and in the future our line would be set for years. Plus, what if Tyron Smith decides he doesn't want to play for Dallas any more?

:agree: We would be in the 5%. 95% would have wanted 2 defenders, and we wouldn't hear the end of it:bawling: Kind out like now so I guess it wouldn't matter, which is my point some folks no matter what you do you just can't make them happy :whistle

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to hear Pdays take on Lawrence and the move to get him

I'm doing my best to see the glass half full. I really think I'd prefer the 3rd round pick in THIS draft, but you never know what jerry and company woulda done with that pick. I love Lawrence's attitude. I always thought desire to excel beat's measureables way more often than not.

Time will tell. I pullin for him

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me DEFINITELY not do the trade and instead take our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Whether they are lesser players or not is clearly debatable. It's possible we still could have drafted Lawrence himself at 47. I'm sure the team themselves is debating whether they did the right thing or not regardless of what they say in a sales pitch conference call to season ticket holders. I'm sure i can see Jerry or Stephen saying 'we screwed up and shouldn't have made the trade'. They will fight their decisions with their last breadth before they'd admit to anything. Time to move on and see if it works out...

I moved on the day the picks were made, I am glad to hear that Rod really wanted Lawrence & he felt that he was the player he WANTED & NEEDED in this defense. Hence the decision to trade up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: We would be in the 5%. 95% would have wanted 2 defenders, and we wouldn't hear the end of it:bawling: Kind out like now so I guess it wouldn't matter, which is my point some folks no matter what you do you just can't make them happy :whistle

To be clear I would have preferred two defenders (or even 3 if it broke that way). I would have been OK with a 2nd OL if it happened, but as I said above that would not have been ideal for me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved on the day the picks were made, I am glad to hear that Rod really wanted Lawrence & he felt that he was the player he WANTED & NEEDED in this defense. Hence the decision to trade up.

Out of curiousity, did Marinelli say that, or Stephen? One I believe; one I don't

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiousity, did Marinelli say that, or Stephen? One I believe; one I don't

I actually heard on of girls on the "Lunch Break" Monday say she talked to Rod & he was "Ecstatic" to get Lawrence & that is who he was pushing for and wanted. You can pull it up on the Website or Cowboys Apps.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show us where anyone wanted two OL in the first three rounds .No one mentioned the possibility of taking a Guard in the 3rd other than you trying to defend your thoughts that the trade and Lawrence was the right way to go.

http://http://www.dallascowboys.com...or-Trade/eade9035-bc1c-4507-bb45-fc43f4afc993

This Buds for you, Ole man :suds:[/QUOTE]

I wanted a guard. However didn't think we would take an OL in the 1st. Figured the 3rd would be the earliest we would take a guard. I thought we would do defense the 1st two picks.

BTW whoever keeps giving alternative draft scenario's. Any scenario where we didn't take Martin I am against now. That is the only pick I am comfortably confident in.

As far as Rod. I didn't hear him say it but did read where it was reported as him saying Lawrence was the guy he wanted (in the 2nd) So while I am not confident in the pick (& hated the trade up) I am going with "In Rod we trust" & hoping for the best.
The rest of the draft was disappointing to me. It left me really unsatisfied & thinking the 1st two picks better work out or this draft is going to really suck. I would love to be proven wrong at training camp, but I am seriously having my doubts.

I really don't understand Eastbay why you are aggressively attacking others that think this draft sucks.

Keep in mind when you counter with they know better than we do. This may very well be true, but that isn't the bar we are comparing them too. We are comparing them to the bar of the other teams scouts & GMs etc....

So simply saying they know more than us in the War room means nothing to me.

Yes we don't know how things are gonna work out as facts, but that is the reason for message boards to give your opinion. So until proven otherwise, I think draft sucked! It is survivable if the 1st two picks turn into quality starters, but even with that it is disappointing because I feel we could have done so much better.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://http://www.dallascowboys.com...or-Trade/eade9035-bc1c-4507-bb45-fc43f4afc993

I really don't understand Eastbay why you are aggressively attacking others that think this draft sucks.

I am not "aggressively attacking" anyone, I just don't understand the senseless whining by some because the player or positions wasn't taken that "THEY" wanted. The FACT is the players drafted are now Cowboys who have yet to play a down of football, so you may as well start supporting them or find another team who aligns with the draft pick "YOU" wanted. Same folks were :bawling: last year after the Fredrick pick, shit gets old :gaah:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted a guard. However didn't think we would take an OL in the 1st. Figured the 3rd would be the earliest we would take a guard. I thought we would do defense the 1st two picks.

BTW whoever keeps giving alternative draft scenario's. Any scenario where we didn't take Martin I am against now. That is the only pick I am comfortably confident in.

As far as Rod. I didn't hear him say it but did read where it was reported as him saying Lawrence was the guy he wanted (in the 2nd) So while I am not confident in the pick (& hated the trade up) I am going with "In Rod we trust" & hoping for the best.
The rest of the draft was disappointing to me. It left me really unsatisfied & thinking the 1st two picks better work out or this draft is going to really suck. I would love to be proven wrong at training camp, but I am seriously having my doubts.

Keep in mind when you counter with they know better than we do. This may very well be true, but that isn't the bar we are comparing them too. We are comparing them to the bar of the other teams scouts & GMs etc....

So simply saying they know more than us in the War room means nothing to me.

Yes we don't know how things are gonna work out as facts, but that is the reason for message boards to give your opinion. So until proven otherwise, I think draft sucked! It is survivable if the 1st two picks turn into quality starters, but even with that it is disappointing because I feel we could have done so much better.[/QUOTE]

Yes that Moron Stephen said they would have traded back into round 3 an taken o-line again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doing my best to see the glass half full. I really think I'd prefer the 3rd round pick in THIS draft, but you never know what jerry and company woulda done with that pick. I love Lawrence's attitude. I always thought desire to excel beat's measureables way more often than not.

Time will tell. I pullin for him

I would have preferred the 3rd and the extra player too, but im Glad to see I'm not the only one to think this kid at least has a CHANCE to work out. Most can't see past his measurables. Maybe he will work out and maybe he won't, but lets give him a chance before we write him off as a part time player. If he really was one of the best pass rushers and had a first round grade according to our scouts maybe he becomes the pass rusher we've been looking for.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred the 3rd and the extra player too, but im Glad to see I'm not the only one to think this kid at least has a CHANCE to work out. Most can't see past his measurables. Maybe he will work out and maybe he won't, but lets give him a chance before we write him off as a part time player. If he really was one of the best pass rushers and had a first round grade according to our scouts maybe he becomes the pass rusher we've been looking for.

I can remember before the 2nd round I asked you if you thought Lawrence or Hageman would be there at 47. Cant remember what you said. Hearing Jerry or whoever earlier say that Jernigan really wasnt in the plan tells me they have their DTs on this roster or at least they think they do. We know there are a few LDEs on the roster. The only DT I think they possibly thought about was Donald. I see a roster now of around 16 DLmen. They wanted rotation no matter what. I really think they made the right pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a bunch of DL (Hageman, Jernigan, Lawrence, Crichton and Ealy) i wanted. I felt confident at least one would have been there. I would have waited and made the pick, but I liked them all a lot. For whatever reason the team liked Lawrence significantly more than the others that I liked.

You mean you see 16 on the 90 man roster, not the 53, correct?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts about him making an instant impact. However, if RM can script ways for him to get pressure, then he'll work out fine and have a solid year. With RM guiding this defense, DL could be able to get double digit sacks. Once he becomes a seasoned vet, he ought to be able to do it himself.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a bunch of DL (Hageman, Jernigan, Lawrence, Crichton and Ealy) i wanted. I felt confident at least one would have been there. I would have waited and made the pick, but I liked them all a lot. For whatever reason the team liked Lawrence significantly more than the others that I liked.

I was liking a lot of what I read on Crichton too.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct , we wont be able to keep all 16, but there are plenty of bodies to pick from. It will be tough pairing that down to 8-10 guys.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he has a chance. I would've just be happier with the two guys who would also have a chance instead. Being undersized does not automatically mean he will fail but the constant beating he's going to take from guys 50lbs heavier will not make his chance easy.