• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft prospects

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished up my first Bengals mock of the year. Will be posted in the morning then I'll post the link here.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a number 2 receiver IMO. He isn't better than Jones.

He is faster, and has excellent hands. He also jumps and catches the ball at his apex to out maneuver DB's.

Plus, I am not saying he has to be much better than Marvin Jones or Sanu, but he has to be equal so we have little to no drop off if someone gets hurt and needs to play.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Maulauga is bad. He doesn't play the run well and is worse against the pass. He needs to be released. Lamur isn't any better. If he is starting it's not good. Rey has proven he can't start and Flowers is meh. Burfict is always hurt, no reason so think we can depend on him. We need to take a linebacker early, probably 2 honestly.

2. Brandon Thompson is a decent run blocker but gives little pass rush. He is a rotational guy and shouldn't be starting. Peko needs cut. We need another legit DT brought in to help with the run and pass rush.

3. Even if we keep Hall, his age and lack of speed make him nothing more than a slot CB at best and still leaves us with only 4 guys. We need another CB in the mid rounds to keep talent and depth. CB depth more important to a team than WR depth. We also severely lack speed at CB. We have to get a speed guy who can cover speed WRs because we don't have one.

4. QB is honestly the biggest concern on the team but we aren't taking one early. Might as well move on.

5. TE is a bigger need than WR too. Eifert keeps getting hurt and we don't even know if Gresham will want to come back. Someone will pay him as much if not more than us and honestly why would he come back to a place that hates him?

6. OL is decent, but Whit is old, Tits is always hurt, we have to plan for the future. We need an OT fairly early too. Wouldn't be surprised if they took an OT in the 1st round at all.

7. DE IMO is the biggest need on the team after QB and we have to take one early and quite honestly I'd take 2. We have to get to the quarterback and if we can't our defense will never hold up.

8. WR need isn't that huge. Green will be back as will Sanu. Jones is coming off injury and no we don't know what he will be, but he was a huge impact player when he was healthy and there have been no reports to suggest he won't be healthy next year. Tate will likely be back because they love him. Wright played well when given the chance. Sanz may also be back. I think it's a lot more likely we sign someone in FA than draft one early.

From the lips of Guenther......

Guenther says the Bengals must “infuse,” their line with new blood via either the draft or free agency, hinted they need a starting SAM linebacker that can play the run, hopes they re-sign free-agent middle linebacker Rey Maualuga, and gave a rousing endorsement of young cornerbacks Dre Kirkpatrick and Darqueze Dennard.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey will be cheap. He'll be here for a bottom dollar deal unless some team is dumb enough to pay him more. He's serviceable for his price -- But he's not meant to play three downs and we need to work on upgrading the position..... This has been true of our linebackers almost every season Marvin has been coach.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guenther says the Bengals must “infuse,” their line with new blood via either the draft or free agency, hinted they need a starting SAM linebacker that can play the run, hopes they re-sign free-agent middle linebacker Rey Maualuga, and gave a rousing endorsement of young cornerbacks Dre Kirkpatrick and Darqueze Dennard.
He also said Atkins needs to get better. Much better.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll transfer, obviously.

If I'm Braxton, I'd transfer. I read he can graduate this spring...graduate transfer to another program...I think if he stays he's damned if he does/damned if he doesn't. They don't do as well next year, they'll blame him...if he comes back and struggles, he'll either be benched or the media will eat him alive, as will the fans. Anything less than leading this offense to another NC game and he'll be viewed as a failure.

The best option is to transfer, and let Barret come back as the starter, and Jones as the backup.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Braxton, I'd transfer. I read he can graduate this spring...graduate transfer to another program...I think if he stays he's damned if he does/damned if he doesn't. They don't do as well next year, they'll blame him...if he comes back and struggles, he'll either be benched or the media will eat him alive, as will the fans. Anything less than leading this offense to another NC game and he'll be viewed as a failure.

The best option is to transfer, and let Barret come back as the starter, and Jones as the backup.

Cardale said today he will be back at OSU next year. Take it for what you will.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Guenther was terrible as was this defense. I don't give a flying fuck what he has to say.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I did. I said Guenther and Rey sucked and Rey needs replaced.

True, but your disdain for Maualuga doesn't NOT get him resigned. So, hate him all you want, not care what Guenther did, but based on statements and history of the organization with this particular player, he will probably remain a Bengal.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey will be here unless another team wants to overpay for him. He'll come cheap because that's what he's worth. It's really as simple as that.