• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Lottery

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Cavs are another great example of built, not bought.

They seated well and didn't try to skip steps.

The Rubio, Allen and even Levert trades were shrewd moves made to compliment what you already had, not to overhaul the entire roster like Brooklyn tried to do twice.

I mean the first one Brooklyn thought they had its core and just totally all fell apart at once

They added what they thought were the leverts to their core.

But they mortgaged them future to do it

I don’t think teams should be allowed to protect picks anyway

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be more Allen/Capela less Embiid /Joker.

That's not what you want in a #1 overall pick.

But, if Jabari is gone, I like Chet for the Thunder.

He will have time to fill out there.

I do not see him ever being a number 1 option. No frigging way.

If I'm Houston at 3 they'd obviously need to move Wood to add Chet.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando won't take Holmgren #1.

It would be a Tatum Celtics situation.

Anyone moving up would likely be targeting Jabari.

If Chet is their guy, which I just don't believe with Bamba and Carter Jr on the roster, why not get another asset and still get the player you want?

With hat being said, neither Bamba nor Carter are good enough to make a team hesitate in drafting a guy they think is a franchise player, just because he plays the same position.
They can deal Bamba or Carter and Chet is probably better suited to the 4 till he gains some weight and Carter is pretty much a C since he can't shoot (29% on 3's).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just didn't like Chet's lack of aggression in the tournament. Looked very tentative at times.
That also gave me an indication of why he could bust. If you're not aggressive in college?

The League is a different animal.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player I need to watch more film on is Ty Ty Washington. He should be there at 11. I’ve seen comparisons to Brandon Knight. What I’ve read, TyTy is more of a playmaker, than a scorer like Knight was.
As a UK fan, I think Washington will be the steal of the draft. He battled injury problems much of the season and his play fell off as he played hurt at the end. When he is right, he is a fantastic player

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really like that scenario for you.

I really like Grant.

But, getting a top 7 pick for him, in a pretty deep draft, would be a coup.

If Murray is there even more so. But if the Kings take Murray and Ivey goes to Detroit maybe then Detroit would look at AJ Griffin from Duke with the 7.
I'm going to have to wait for work out reports, I'm just not so high on anyone at the 4-10 range being worth being that high. I know some are saying Ivey is like Morant, but I think that is very optimistic. I see more Schroeder or Reggie Jackson, which isn't bad, but not top 10 draft. Murray is also solid, but I have concerns about quickness and athleticism at the NBA level; again, not sure top 10. Well see what they bring in the next month.

I wouldn't mind the Pistons packaging the pick with Grant and seeing what they can haul in since I think 5 is just not worth it in this lot. Maybe just trade back even.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UK fan, I think Washington will be the steal of the draft. He battled injury problems much of the season and his play fell off as he played hurt at the end. When he is right, he is a fantastic player

Are you getting frustrated with Cal yet?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can deal Bamba or Carter and Chet is probably better suited to the 4 till he gains some weight and Carter is pretty much a C since he can't shoot (29% on 3's).
If they are taking a 4, why wouldn't they take the top 4 in the draft?

Taking Chet over Jabari is like taking Ak47 when you could have Chris Bosh instead.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder will bring Holmgren in and tell Favors to beat on him and see how it goes. I expect that is the starting point.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to have to wait for work out reports, I'm just not so high on anyone at the 4-10 range being worth being that high. I know some are saying Ivey is like Morant, but I think that is very optimistic. I see more Schroeder or Reggie Jackson, which isn't bad, but not top 10 draft. Murray is also solid, but I have concerns about quickness and athleticism at the NBA level; again, not sure top 10. Well see what they bring in the next month.

I wouldn't mind the Pistons packaging the pick with Grant and seeing what they can haul in since I think 5 is just not worth it in this lot. Maybe just trade back even.

You certainly can't project anyone to be Ja lol. I too can see a trade down. A few wings in the mix that could be just as good as some of the top picks ..but could also bust out. But as I said I really like Murray. But that said...

Sharpe
Mathurin
Davis
Branham
Griffin
Daniels

All intriguing guys.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That also gave me an indication of why he could bust. If you're not aggressive in college?

True.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duren ate his lunch on a few plays. That's a nba body that Chet will see every night.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, and this is a big if, Holmgren can turn into a dominant stretch 5 things get interesting for the Thunder. Most probably don’t know much about him but the Thunder have a very young player in Pokusevski with some similar skills. They should have left him in Europe for at least a year but he was really coming on late in the year. Always having a guy like that on the floor opens up a lot of possibilities.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you getting frustrated with Cal yet?
Hell no man. There are some crazy ass people on Rupp Rafters though lol. The loss to Saint Peters looked bad at the time, but obviously they were a Damn good team. And in that game, TyTy, Kellen and Wheeler were all playing hurt. We lost Fredrick for the season to injury and Sharpe just used the University, but there wasn't a great deal Cal could have done about that. We will be a top 5-10 program next year. He is doing fine

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you didn't say Darko :L
No way will he be Thabeet nor Darko.

Maybe Porzingis.

But, if he turns into Jarrett Allen/Capella with a jumper, even better.

His weight is obviously a concern.

But, if he can at least get himself in the Nick Claxton range, he will be fine.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You certainly can't project anyone to be Ja lol. I too can see a trade down. A few wings in the mix that could be just as good as some of the top picks ..but could also bust out. But as I said I really like Murray. But that said...

Sharpe
Mathurin
Davis
Branham
Griffin
Daniels

All intriguing guys.
If Murray shows he's quick enough I'd love the pick: I like his shooting and D. I'd like to see what a lineup of Cunningham, Bey, Livers, Murray, and Garza/Bagley/Stewart would do.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Murray shows he's quick enough I'd love the pick: I like his shooting and D. I'd like to see what a lineup of Cunningham, Bey, Livers, Murray, and Garza/Bagley/Stewart would do.
Bagley looked good in Detroit.

Could be your next Rasheed Wallace if he keeps improving.