• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Lottery

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if the Lakers win the lottery it's rigged. I've thought it's rigged for a long time. So when the Lakers win it tonight I won't be surprised one bit.

6.3% chance at the number one pick doesn't equal no chance. Anyone who plays poker knows bad beats happen.

I've always suspected there to be some funny business going on with the draft lottery. I hope it continues :whistle:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if the Lakers win the lottery it's rigged. I've thought it's rigged for a long time. So when the Lakers win it tonight I won't be surprised one bit.

This is the perfect example of the ultimate fail of conspiracy theorists.

- If A happens (despite it having a reasonable chance of happening legitimately) then I will be 100% sure that my conspiracy is true. I will be validated. I will treat this as evidence, even proof, of my crazy ideas.
- If it doesn't happen, I will either provide an explanation as to why what did happen actually fits the "rigged" mold and/or I will simply wait till the next time something that seems to fit my idiotic conspiracy theories does happen, then claim that I am 100% sure.

The fact that the lottery has favored small-market teams and gone against the predictions of conspiracy theorists everywhere far more often than it hasn't is not a fact the theorist quacks are willing to consider.

You can continue to ignore facts and try to stuff everything that happens into your agenda mold... I'll continue to take the facts for what they are and base my opinion on that.

GeauxBaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is this, if the Lakers end up getting the top pick(hell, even the top 3 pick), the "fix" accusations are gonna FLY around here tomorrow...:lol:

That is true. lol....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its rigged. But there is just enough to feed conspiracy theorists. Like Ewing going to NY. Or the NBA being hellbent on keeping the Pels in New Orleans and giving the team the #1 pick once it found an owner willing to keep the team there. But there's mountains of evidence every other year to show its not. For example, if its rigged, why the hell is Tim Duncan or Kevin Durant not a Celtic? Why the hell would Lebron ever be a Cav? Screw home town kid, Cleveland doesn't drive revenues. You can find storylines for "why team x won" just about anywhere.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its rigged. But there is just enough to feed conspiracy theorists. Like Ewing going to NY. Or the NBA being hellbent on keeping the Pels in New Orleans and giving the team the #1 pick once it found an owner willing to keep the team there. But there's mountains of evidence every other year to show its not. For example, if its rigged, why the hell is Tim Duncan or Kevin Durant not a Celtic? Why the hell would Lebron ever be a Cav? Screw home town kid, Cleveland doesn't drive revenues. You can find storylines for "why team x won" just about anywhere.

Ewing to NY could have been rigged because the system in place then would have allowed the only person near the envelopes the opportunity search for a cold one.

If people could rig a lotto ball type system, they wouldn't be concerned with the NBA draft, they would be winning 100's of millions of dollars.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect example of the ultimate fail of conspiracy theorists.

- If A happens (despite it having a reasonable chance of happening legitimately) then I will be 100% sure that my conspiracy is true. I will be validated. I will treat this as evidence, even proof, of my crazy ideas.
- If it doesn't happen, I will either provide an explanation as to why what did happen actually fits the "rigged" mold and/or I will simply wait till the next time something that seems to fit my idiotic conspiracy theories does happen, then claim that I am 100% sure.

The fact that the lottery has favored small-market teams and gone against the predictions of conspiracy theorists everywhere far more often than it hasn't is not a fact the theorist quacks are willing to consider.

You can continue to ignore facts and try to stuff everything that happens into your agenda mold... I'll continue to take the facts for what they are and base my opinion on that.

That's the beauty of any good conspiracy theory. It's inherently unproveable and virtually anything that happens can be twisted to fit the theory.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA needs to scrap the lottery and go back to drafting inversely according to record. Team with the worst record gets the 1st pick and so on.

GeauxBaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pels need to get into the top 5...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA needs to scrap the lottery and go back to drafting inversely according to record. Team with the worst record gets the 1st pick and so on.

Then tanking will hit an all time high.

Maybe seed the top ( worst teams) based on their record for the last 15 ( or whatever number) games.
In other words, reward the bad teams for winning at the end.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the draft lottery is so stupid............just make a system like anyone else with tie breakers.........someone always gets screwed bad

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then tanking will hit an all time high.

Maybe seed the top ( worst teams) based on their record for the last 15 ( or whatever number) games.
In other words, reward the bad teams for winning at the end.

I don't think it would be any worse than it already is. There were about 10 teams minimum this season that were accused of tanking.

Also, tanking is a little bit of a myth anyway. Tanking isn't done by players and coaches, it's done by front offices. Perhaps now that there is a minimum that teams have to spend on salary, it will help to prevent some of that as teams can only dump so much salary in order to tank.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the worst team gets the top pick 3 times in the past 20 years, its a stupid system

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Game James!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's No. 6 & 7 for the Celtics & Lakers

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did it start yet or what? everytime I check its a freakin commercial

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...Cleveland again in the top 3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes any trade for Kevin Love for the Celtics and Lakers.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA should ban CLE for conduct detrimental to the league, not continue to give them draft picks.

What CLE does on a regular basis is far more offensive than...ok maybe not, but it's close.