• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Gurley?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have the Best Oline in the NFL but they wouldn't play like it. We need a New man to coach these guys up Plain and simple. 4 years is long enough to see if position coach is doing his job and that is not the case for the Hawks. The Line even though has a lot of talent on it is still not improving at all. Thank GOD we got the top Yards after Contact RB in the NFL and Russell Wilson to make our running game work like it does. Lets say we had the 2007 SA on this team he would probably have 250 carries and a -40 yards on the season lmao.

What do you all think our rushing game would be like if the line was HALF as good as the one we had from 2002-2005? we prob would have broke the all time record for most rushing yards by a team in a season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to build a line like the one we had back then though .... Walter Jones was ridiculous, Walt and Hutch on that left side was special ....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to build a line like the one we had back then though .... Walter Jones was ridiculous, Walt and Hutch on that left side was special ....

The Chop, Robbie Tobeck, and Mack Strong were nothing to scoff at either. Tobeck was a top 5 center at the time (similar to Unger), Strong was the best blocking FB in the league by a WIDE margin, and the Chop was definitely serviceable. About our only 'somewhat' weakness was RT.

I think if Lynch played behind that line he'd get through without being touched and just stop and then start running around in circles trying to smash through CBs, safeties, and linebackers with no clue what to do with himself.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... Okung is going to be a FA and our interior linemen need upgraded in a big way... I'd like to spend our first 3 picks on a OL, DL and WR...

Okung is not going to be a free agent. He is under contract for a couple more years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung is not going to be a free agent. He is under contract for a couple more years.

I said he would be a FA at the end of '15... I don't think he's signed longer than that... I could be wrong...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: n/m, I was on wrong wavelength there.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL OL OL. not only does it make RBs look better, but it keeps your QB upright and healthy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL OL OL. not only does it make RBs look better, but it keeps your QB upright and healthy.

Snuggles, you know I'm big on a good OL. However if the Seahawks go OL in the first round, I want them to move up to the upper one third of the draft and pick a no brainer. I just want to see the Seahawks score with their top pick for a change,2010 is the last time that happened.

No more reaching with the first pick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Erving, FSU, Cedric Ogbuhei, A&M and Josue Matias, FSU are the perfect OL that we should have on our radar at the end of the first round...

If we're to draft a skill position in the 1st, i'd much prefer WR, Sammie Coates over any RB...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Erving, FSU, Cedric Ogbuhei, A&M and Josue Matias, FSU are the perfect OL that we should have on our radar at the end of the first round...

If we're to draft a skill position in the 1st, i'd much prefer WR, Sammie Coates over any RB...

So your saying these OL are sure fire to make a impact?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying these OL are sure fire to make a impact?

Not saying anyone is... Not even Gurley.. He's no sure fire either... Last time a RB was drafted in the first round was 2012 and they were Trent Richardson, Doug Martin and David Wilson... All three are busts so far... The best RB's in the league have been 2nd or 3rd round picks the past 5 years...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snuggles, you know I'm big on a good OL. However if the Seahawks go OL in the first round, I want them to move up to the upper one third of the draft and pick a no brainer. I just want to see the Seahawks score with their top pick for a change,2010 is the last time that happened.

No more reaching with the first pick.

I doubt they willhave to trade up to get a stud G. I wouldnt be opposed to it though.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they willhave to trade up to get a stud G. I wouldnt be opposed to it though.

Agreed. If we're looking for a really good offensive tackle, maybe we trade up, but I'm not sure that Okung and Britt at tackle is a tandem you necessarily need to replace (unless you're tired of seeing Okung in street clothes, that is). If we're gonna go offensive line in the first round, especially late in the round where we'll be picking, a guard is the way to go given the value teams around the league tend to place on various positions.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why people hate Turbin so much. He's not the runningback that Lynch is, but he is more than capable of producing 4.0-4.5 YPC for the Seahawks.

I'd prefer to keep Lynch on for next year, regardless of the rumors surrounding his possible departure. But if he will not be retained, I would be comfortable with Turbin and or Michael replacing him in 2015.

Purely for the sake of conversation, I believe that Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon and T.J. Yeldon will all be extremely successful in the NFL. I can't recall a draft class off the top of my head that had better talent at HB in the top 3 prospects.

Derrick Henry sort of stole the spotlight from Yeldon at Bama, but on film, Yeldon looks like he will continue the streak of Alabama runningbacks to go on to become starters in the NFL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand why people hate Turbin so much. He's not the runningback that Lynch is, but he is more than capable of producing 4.0-4.5 YPC for the Seahawks.

I'd prefer to keep Lynch on for next year, regardless of the rumors surrounding his possible departure. But if he will not be retained, I would be comfortable with Turbin and or Michael replacing him in 2015.

Purely for the sake of conversation, I believe that Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon and T.J. Yeldon will all be extremely successful in the NFL. I can't recall a draft class off the top of my head that had better talent at HB in the top 3 prospects.

Derrick Henry sort of stole the spotlight from Yeldon at Bama, but on film, Yeldon looks like he will continue the streak of Alabama runningbacks to go on to become starters in the NFL.

Who hates Turbin? I don't view him as a dynamic player, and he doesn't break a lot of tackles. He's a good complementary type guy, probably not someone you want to be your primary back. Not sure that description qualifies as hate.

The streak of Bama RBs? You mean busts like Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram? Lacy is good, but that's about it from the recent group. Yeldon will be just a guy in the NFL. Henry is a much better prospect IMO.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin has played much better this year. He has actually shown a bit of explosiveness after 2 years of 3 yards and a cloud of dust production.

I still want one more year of Beastmode though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worse things could happen to our team for sure. Will be very interesting to see how things unfold. I think there's a lot of merit to the idea that it's better to cut a guy a year too early than a year too late, and we are inching closer and closer to that threshold with Lynch. It sure seems like he has another really good season left in him, but most of these workhorse backs just fall of a cliff when they decline and often it happens suddenly. This front office makes shrewd decisions that aren't based on too much emotion. If I had to wager, I would say Beast Mode will be done here after this run is over.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying anyone is... Not even Gurley.. He's no sure fire either... Last time a RB was drafted in the first round was 2012 and they were Trent Richardson, Doug Martin and David Wilson... All three are busts so far... The best RB's in the league have been 2nd or 3rd round picks the past 5 years...

I'm not for taking a risk on a injuried RB with the first pick, as much as I think Gurley will end up being good. Gordan I feel is going to be a good one, but after thinking about it, he's going to be taken before the Seahawks pick anyway.
Yes your right that some of the best RBs have been picked in the second or third round, doesn't mean that will be the case in the next draft. I think RBs are starting to get noticed , as being important to a team success. Having a RB like Lynch, Murray, Bell and Lacy really does a lot for the team, helps the offense and helps the defense by controlling the clock.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turbin has played much better this year. He has actually shown a bit of explosiveness after 2 years of 3 yards and a cloud of dust production.

I would love another year of Beastmode, but he's been talking about retiring, so need to be ready for that. Turbin is a fine back and the Seahawks can make due with him and Micheals, but if there is a chance to grab the next great RB, I say grab it.