• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Draft day" movie

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right up there with The Postman. Greatest 2 movies ever made ,if you on crack 24/7 munching on bath salts
Those 2 movies are a better watch than this POS. Don't bother until you can get it on Netfix or whatever you might use.The best films Costner was involved with were Westerns: Silverado and Wyatt Earp IMO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2 movies are a better watch than this POS. Don't bother until you can get it on Netfix or whatever you might use.The best films Costner was involved with were Westerns: Silverado and Wyatt Earp IMO.

It was that bad?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I use the guy in the movie theatre with the camcorder. Once in awhile you get the people in front going to john or grabbing popcorn, but for $3 for a genuine imitation copy, not bad

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. H&M's was excellent, and Costner was dead center. Really liked Mr. Brooks as well. I mean, he kills Dane Cook, what's not to like? I hear the Browns owner leaves NYC to Cleveland after the first pick, he's in his office for the fifth. Hate that kind of thing in movies.

Mr Brooks is a great movie and I am not a fan of Costner at all. Probably one of his best IMO

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you're a child.

take care.

And you're IQ of sports is that of a toddler with downs syndrome so go figure. You're an embarrassment to anything Seattle.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought 'The Untouchables' was pretty good.

Of course De Niro and Connery had a lot to do with it.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i may go see this movie this weekend

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was that bad?
I got dragged there by some friends and wasn't happy that I spent that money on this film. I do that often. If you can get past most of the time-line issues and the over-drama ,then you might like how they did the movie. There are some good moments but I would just say wait until it comes out in a cheaper form. The nachos I ate were the best part of my time!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got dragged there by some friends and wasn't happy that I spent that money on this film. I do that often. If you can get past most of the time-line issues and the over-drama ,then you might like how they did the movie. There are some good moments but I would just say wait until it comes out in a cheaper form. The nachos I ate were the best part of my time!

I think the first 3/4 of it completely blew, but the last 15 minutes or so were awesome and better than Bull Durham IMO. And Leary plays a heck of a douchebag

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sounds about how i expected

i can't imagine ever watching this intentionally

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A classic!

Malone (Connery) You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

Capone (Deniro) I want you to get this fuck where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Eliot Ness, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone (Connery) You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

Capone (Deniro) I want you to get this fuck where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Eliot Ness, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!

"You carry a badge you carry a gun!"

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing this until its on HBO or something, but I did like the Postman. Yeah, I know.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing this until its on HBO or something, but I did like the Postman. Yeah, I know.

Hey takes a man to admit that. I like the Road Warrior movies a llittle more. Just saw Costner in the Superman movie, all 5 minutes of him, till he gets windswept into oblivion

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Costner in the Superman movie, all 5 minutes of him, till he gets windswept into oblivion

You talking about that brilliant piece of cinematic excellence that had Costner basically committing suicide when his superpowered son was fast enough to save the dog without anybody noticing?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about that brilliant piece of cinematic excellence that had Costner basically committing suicide when his superpowered son was fast enough to save the dog without anybody noticing?

Yes exactly

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was that one about???

Post- Apocolyptic type where Costner is a nomad fleeing from a crazy warlord. He stumbles upon a Postal van and takes refuge inside. He finds old letters inside and decides to deliver them.

It also won five Razzie Awards including Worst Picture, Worst Actor (Kevin Costner), Worst Director (Costner), Worst Screenplay and Worst Original Song (for the entire song score)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post- Apocolyptic type where Costner is a nomad fleeing from a crazy warlord. He stumbles upon a Postal van and takes refuge inside. He finds old letters inside and decides to deliver them.

It also won five Razzie Awards including Worst Picture, Worst Actor (Kevin Costner), Worst Director (Costner), Worst Screenplay and Worst Original Song (for the entire song score)

Well sounds like a wiener! Glad I missed it...