• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DPE out 6-8 weeks

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^if I may ask, using that logic, why are none of our LBs out for extended time? We have no depth there, Bando and Rose-Ivey are the only guys that anyone knows anything about so you can bet the other 2 or 3 scholly LBs we have are "getting run in to the ground"....

You're making an apples/oranges comparison.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was fun listening to Mike'l point out the inaccuracies in these comments. Too easy.

I was the one who broached the topic to him on twitter. Mike'l severe doesn't know a god damn thing about it.

He chalked it up to bad luck and said "look around cfb, guys get hurt every day"

He's almost always misinformed when it comes to this kind of shit.

More often than not he's talking out of his ass.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it strong speculation on my part? Sure. But he didn't offer up anything substantial in my mind to refute it.

I'm over that theory anyway. If that's what happened, (it's very possible that it was) I'm sure Mike will learn from it.

Anyway, remember that entire podcast segment he did talking about just how much recruiting rankings matter?

timeless-leo-dicaprio-django-unchained.gif

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the one who broached the topic to him on twitter. Mike'l severe doesn't know a god damn thing about it.

He chalked it up to bad luck and said "look around cfb, guys get hurt every day"

He's almost always misinformed when it comes to this kind of shit.

More often than not he's talking out of his ass.

:rofl:
:pound:
You are so patheticly wrong. It sucks when you can't just admit it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult for me to jump in with any conspiracies this early in Riley's tenure.

I don't know if I can make sense out of him running he wheels off of the WR's but not any other groups on the team.

At this point I do chalk it up to bad luck. And like I said, a broken bone in a foot nowadays heals so damn fast. These kids are healthy as hell. He might be back sooner than we expect. In fact, I do expect him to be back sooner.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult for me to jump in with any conspiracies this early in Riley's tenure.

I don't know if I can make sense out of him running he wheels off of the WR's but not any other groups on the team.

At this point I do chalk it up to bad luck. And like I said, a broken bone in a foot nowadays heals so damn fast. These kids are healthy as hell. He might be back sooner than we expect. In fact, I do expect him to be back sooner.

Well I for one will not believe DPE can come back early until Brasky says he can.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, DPE is out for X amount of games. Huskers will be lucky to win 5 this year :nono:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Riley is almost old enough to be my dad. Calling him Mike just seems wrong pants.

#DriveByPosting

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sound like a Debby Downer..... But I lurk on these threads regularly. I rarely post because of my busy schedule.... But sometimes I get a kick out of some of these posts.... Especially when there are people who seem to think that the sky is falling over one dude. Yes, it's a shitty deal, and he's an outstanding player, but be lucky it isn't Armstrong..... Shit, I think Alex Lewis would be even worse than DPE because our passing game would turn to shit even more than it probably already will be... Im not saying Armstrong or Lewis are better players, but face it, I'd much rather give up big punt returns and jet sweeps than see Fyfe shit the proverbial bed every saturday.... Of course DPE will be a pretty bad blow, but all the shit talk saying it's Riley's fault to thinking the season is over is just ridiculous. Riley is playing with the cards that he was dealt. Plain and simple. He's not "over-working" the receivers.... He's got a brand new system that they need to learn. If he went easy on them and didn't give them the reps they NEED to produce in his offense, he'd have a bunch of unprepared guys running into a big season opener against BYU. He's not going to roll in here with someone else's recruits and shit out a natty. And when the season is over, and *if* we win 6-7 games.... There will be a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks calling for Riley's head not knowing what the fuck they're talking about.

/rant off

Realistically, I hope that if he's not back by the Wiscy game, and in the unfortunate scenario where we lose, they red shirt him. I also hope he's fully recovered before they put him back in. The worst thing that can happen is that he turns into the next Taylor Martinez that can't play hopscotch without getting hurt. Let it heal.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work with a guy who is friends with Brandon Riley, he (BR) says that it is not as big of a lose because now get this DPE and TA don't have that great of a relationship and that they was really only using him on jet sweeps and TA doesn't really pass to him that often. So Tommy doesn't like throwing to Turner or DPE.

I expect pass's to be thrown to Westy carter and the RB. Plays to DPE will be jet sweeps and screens.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is not a big deal guys. Broken bone in a foot.

I had the same thing happen, like I said. Heals quickly. It would be a much bigger issue if he tore some major ligaments or something like that. This is just a broken bone. He'll be back stronger than ever in no time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that......

DPE being out for a few games is a big deal. It's a real big deal.

His injury itself isn't though.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sound like a Debby Downer..... But I lurk on these threads regularly. I rarely post because of my busy schedule.... But sometimes I get a kick out of some of these posts.... Especially when there are people who seem to think that the sky is falling over one dude. Yes, it's a shitty deal, and he's an outstanding player, but be lucky it isn't Armstrong..... Shit, I think Alex Lewis would be even worse than DPE because our passing game would turn to shit even more than it probably already will be... Im not saying Armstrong or Lewis are better players, but face it, I'd much rather give up big punt returns and jet sweeps than see Fyfe shit the proverbial bed every saturday.... Of course DPE will be a pretty bad blow, but all the shit talk saying it's Riley's fault to thinking the season is over is just ridiculous. Riley is playing with the cards that he was dealt. Plain and simple. He's not "over-working" the receivers.... He's got a brand new system that they need to learn. If he went easy on them and didn't give them the reps they NEED to produce in his offense, he'd have a bunch of unprepared guys running into a big season opener against BYU. He's not going to roll in here with someone else's recruits and shit out a natty. And when the season is over, and *if* we win 6-7 games.... There will be a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks calling for Riley's head not knowing what the fuck they're talking about.

/rant off

Realistically, I hope that if he's not back by the Wiscy game, and in the unfortunate scenario where we lose, they red shirt him. I also hope he's fully recovered before they put him back in. The worst thing that can happen is that he turns into the next Taylor Martinez that can't play hopscotch without getting hurt. Let it heal.

Well I'm definitely not saying the season is over. This is just crippling for what is already a crippled Offense. Our chances of going undefeated through the non-con just went from about 60% to 30%. That is the reality of it. Because Tommy can be all he can be, but if we don't have an electric playmaker who can put a Defense on its heels, then it's gonna be like 2009 all over again. Last year we relied on Abdullah for everything. Had we not had him we would have won about 5 games. Reality. Fact. We have a whole bunch of RBs, but as of right now none of them are going to be that playmaker. And nobody else on that Offense will either.

Not to mention, we were spoiled last season with great field position and sometimes that can be easily overlooked. Especially when we had the kind of shitty season we did have.....lost in that shittiness is the fact that Pierson-El was the best punt returner in the entire country. Time and time again he put us on the right side of the 50 and gave us the advantage.

It just got a lot harder. That's all. Pierson-El is that player who can make big individual plays and pick up the entire team.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm definitely not saying the season is over. This is just crippling for what is already a crippled Offense. Our chances of going undefeated through the non-con just went from about 60% to 30%. That is the reality of it. Because Tommy can be all he can be, but if we don't have an electric playmaker who can put a Defense on its heels, then it's gonna be like 2009 all over again. Last year we relied on Abdullah for everything. Had we not had him we would have won about 5 games. Reality. Fact. We have a whole bunch of RBs, but as of right now none of them are going to be that playmaker. And nobody else on that Offense will either.

Not to mention, we were spoiled last season with great field position and sometimes that can be easily overlooked. Especially when we had the kind of shitty season we did have.....lost in that shittiness is the fact that Pierson-El was the best punt returner in the entire country. Time and time again he put us on the right side of the 50 and gave us the advantage.

It just got a lot harder. That's all. Pierson-El is that player who can make big individual plays and pick up the entire team.
+1 on the field position loss. I can definitely agree.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Alonso moore can be just as dynamic as DPE if he can catch the damn ball

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I'm saying 8 wins is a great season.

We would have lost to McNeese St. last year if not for one single player.

We probably would have had a 7-8 win season.

You can't overstate the value of DPE.