• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't Hate the Heat

LeBron MVP

I'm in the building
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
To the haters:

Someday you will realize how great they were and will wish you could go back and appreciate what they did. Love > Hate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if you understand and appreciate what they are doing, but hate them anyway?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs have been fairly boring because the outcome seems obvious. I dont think Ive ever seen a favorite this obvious since Ive been watching major team sports. Its pretty lame.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait until they actually follow through on lebron's mouth to give them too much credit.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we just ban the op
we know that is going to be inevitable

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs have been fairly boring because the outcome seems obvious. I dont think Ive ever seen a favorite this obvious since Ive been watching major team sports. Its pretty lame.

:agree:

Everyone knows the Lakers are winning this championship!! :becky:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco's imo.

Funnyish off topic but barely related story. I used to live in CO and hate the Broncos because Bronco fans are the WORST!!! Every game is the super bowl, every loss is somebody else's fault and every year they don't win the super bowl the Death Star was used in their demise. I barely see or talk to many Bronco fans last season (different country) but they always still find me. Last year they were at an all time worst, let's just say that the day the Ravens beat them in Denver was my favorite of the year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have to disagree with the meaning of this thread. ALL great teams had their haters. I'm 29 now, so the first dynasty in basketball that I actually remembered in my life time was the Bulls. I appreciated Jordan and Pippen, but I wanted to see them lose. My Heat at the time in the late 90's were a title contending team, but the Knicks were just slightly better at the time. But the Bulls were another step above the Heat.

I actually appreciated the early 2000 Lakers teams, I wanted Shaq to be recognized for being one of the greatest centers and was thrilled when he got the monkey off the back. But you won't hear Celtics or Kings fans (had a bit of a rivarly with the Lakers at the time) share their love for the Lakers....it doesn't exist. Same thing with the Spurs, very likeable team; Duncan just comes off as the ultimate team player and many appreciated his success. But fans of Houston and Dallas would probably think different.

Fastforward to the run that the Heat are on. It's still a long ways away and much can still happen. But the Heat are favored and look the part to repeat. The Knicks, Celtics, Bulls and Lakers fans will still hate. I can't hold it against them, these are natural or new rivalries that he been around either recently or for 20 years (referring to the Knicks). It's the excessive posts and threads saying that Lebron is not a great player or that the Heat are overrated that is uncalled for.

Point is enjoy the era while it lasts. Next year could be the last season or 5 years from now. There will be haters, you can't change that.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have haters, it's because you are irrelevant to the conversation.

The Bobcats don't have haters. Would you prefer to be them?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had all the respect in the world for the Kobe Shaq teams. I have none for lebron.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could feel the respect for the game from them. I guarantee you it's 100% unthinkable for Kobe or Shaq to say anything remotely like "not 1, not 2, ... not 7". The game is far bigger than one player and lebron has never come close to acting like he realizes that.

In terms of pure talent he obviously has it, but as a basketball player I can't respect him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciated Jordan and Pippen, but I wanted to see them lose.
Same here. The difference is that I actually thought those Bulls could lose. There were really good players in their prime and interesting teams in their way. Even last year, it really did look like the Heat could lose any round after the first. This year will have them facing Duncan, Parker and Ginobli at the back end of the prime in the Finals. This is much closer to that Lakers team where it was Shaq and Kobe and then there was everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone hates the Heat, because 3 Superstars, made a secret pact during the 08 olympics to for a dream team. Then every great role player decided to jump on the bandwage to win cheap rings (Allen, Birdman,Battier, Lewis)....

....This is why no one gives Lebron any credit for winning. This tea would win a ring without Lebron...Until Lebron can win a ring without Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen, no one's impressed.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could feel the respect for the game from them. I guarantee you it's 100% unthinkable for Kobe or Shaq to say anything remotely like "not 1, not 2, ... not 7". The game is far bigger than one player and lebron has never come close to acting like he realizes that.

In terms of pure talent he obviously has it, but as a basketball player I can't respect him.

BINGO...!!!

as flippant and as arrogant as they come...

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship teams have their fair share of haters. It is not unusual. What matters is winning. The very best players of the nba are often criticized at the peak of their powers. It is not new. Bur the people who repeatedly hates on a player is just wasting their energy. Lebron is the best player in the nba no question. As an individual player, Lebron has what it takes to win. But not one player wins the championship. The question is how good is the Heat as a team. Whether it is birdman or haslem taking the shot, lebron is the unquestioned leader and mvp of the team. Without Lebron, the Heat would not be in this position at all.

Interestingly, most of the Heat and Lebron haters here are Laker fans. But ask yourselves, if you were building a basketball team, who would you pick out of the heat, pacers and spurs who are all currently playing for the championship? Parker? Duncan? George? Hibbert? Undoubtedly it would be Lebron.

We welcome the haters. In this case it validates the greatness of the player and the team they hate because most likely, theirr own teams have already been vanquished.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the best player in the nba no question. As an individual player, Lebron has what it takes to win. But not one player wins the championship.
I don't think anyone disagrees with any of these thoughts. I do think this brings into play how important 'rings' are in the discussion of individual greatness if it very clearly takes a team to win a title.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone disagrees with any of these thoughts. I do think this brings into play how important 'rings' are in the discussion of individual greatness if it very clearly takes a team to win a title.

I think all that shit he said is hilariously ignorant when he has a picture of an injuried Kobe as an avi... What a loser... :sadbron: