• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dolphins win Suh lottery.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about my team plenty. I don't worry about Garappolo being traded. Too expensive as a backup.
Again, always managing cap space instead of squandering it on someone like Suh, who made the defense worse!
The D is not worse because of him that's simply retarded..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ndamukong Suh is not in the Dolphins' plans beyond 2017 season

Suh's leadership and on-field behavior have long been in question, with him running afoul of the league office throughout his career, and, now at age 30, Miami's defense has hardly been elite since his arrival as one of the splashiest free-agent signings in NFL history. Suh's compensation is comparable to higher-end starting quarterbacks. He is set to count a staggering $26M against the cap in 2018, and $17M in cash. Though the Dolphins re-worked Suh's deal for cap purposes, at its core it was structured as a three-year deal and that is indeed the mindset of ownership now, with Suh's presence not transforming Miami's defense. The Dolphins finished 28th against the run in 2015, his first year there and 30th last year. While the Dolphins rank in the top 10 against the run this season, they are right at the league average in offensive points allowed. Suh's contract moving forward is prohibitive, and Ross is ready to move on.
And they may move on who knows but to say the D is worse because of him is insane. To say they are in cap trouble is even more ridiculous because they aren't. Odds are his salary may go down because he's simply older now but at that time he was in his prime.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your owner disagrees. The Miami press disagree. Do you really want to be a Suh apologist?
I understand that you have a hard on for the guy whatever get a room but your reasoning is insane. Of course they want to restructure now or move on he's older plus bargaining will always play a part in negotiations. You seriously must be new...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they may move on who knows but to say the D is worse because of him is insane. To say they are in cap trouble is even more ridiculous because they aren't. Odds are his salary may go down because he's simply older now but at that time he was in his prime.

It is possible Miami just stinks at putting a defense together, but I think it could also be a little of both. I just dont agree with paying 20+ mil a year for a DT. It may not cripple you but it does handcuff you a bit. No guarantee the cap s going to continue to increase. Ratings this year make a compelling argument for it to end.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the offers were way higher predraft. If you knew that you would have to dump him midseason due to cap why not do it preseason? That would also give you time to train up your back up in case of injury. If brady goes down now your pooched because of bad planning. While Miami was at least as prepared as they could as they had ten million stashed aside last minute yet south won't admit this because Suh apparently ate all of their cap for eternity in his mind.
It wasn't because of the cap. He'd be a FA at the end of the year. No way any team is paying two QBs starter money. That was the reason.

I can't speak for everyone. But I sure am glad you're not the NE GM.

Worry about that train wreck of a team in Miami. They haven't been relevant since I had to get up and adjust the tin foil on the tv antennas.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible Miami just stinks at putting a defense together, but I think it could also be a little of both. I just dont agree with paying 20+ mil a year for a DT. It may not cripple you but it does handcuff you a bit. No guarantee the cap s going to continue to increase. Ratings this year make a compelling argument for it to end.
But the fact is that they haven't had to cut anyone due to cap. Also when have you ever seen a contract go it's full distance? If this doesn't it wouldn't surprise me if anything it shows players that when the Fins have the cap they'll pay their players. Some teams won't. I'll give that to the owner.
As per D how can you blame a D when the offence is consistently off the field. This is a team game and they were 4-2 because of the D but they've worn down. Anyway people who are knowledgeable would know all of this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't because of the cap. He'd be a FA at the end of the year. No way any team is paying two QBs starter money. That was the reason.

I can't speak for everyone. But I sure am glad you're not the NE GM.

Worry about that train wreck of a team in Miami. They haven't been relevant since I had to get up and adjust the tin foil on the tv antennas.
You make no sense. They knew the situation before the draft and didn't pull the trigger for more apparently a first and more. They could have signed a back up no different than hoyer most likely better except he would be better prepared right now if brady goes down during a bowl run. Instead he takes less and now has a back up who has no clue. This year isn't over you are preparing for playoffs and your team royally F'd it up yet south is worried about Miami's cap??? That was my point ridiculous...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FlyerFinFan im not sure where all the hostility is coming from but it's clouding at least some of your judgment.

First, Brisset was NOT a cap casualty. He was playing on a rookie contract so he was/is cheap. He was traded bc it was decided by the patriots that they would not carry 3 QBs this year. He was not gonna make the 53 man roster so he was traded rather than released whereby they would get nothing. In fact, if you look at the Brady era they have traditionally only carried two QBs.

Second, the pats were NOT offered more prior to the draft. Following the trade, all teams involved (including the pats) stated that a first round pick was NEVER offered by anyone. SF offered their second round pick "and change" which was NOT included in the deal for Jimmy G. The pats didn't trade Jimmy G prior to the season because they had hoped to convince him to stay as Brady's backup and take over when he retired. They were going to pay him. The problem was Jimmy wanted the one thing the pats couldn't give him: playing time. He wasn't gonna sign long term with the pats so the pats would have had to franchise him and then trade him. They waited till the last possible second before making the trade and they did so primarily bc Jimmy wanted playing time. Nobody in Boston blames him for that. He's in the prime of his career.

Third, I have consistently posted that Miami was on the upswing. I noted they won 10 games, made the playoffs, etc and were well in their way till tannehill got hurt. In fact, this very point has been made by other pats posters. It's pats haters who say the AFC east (including the Dolphins) sucks. Not me and certainly not other posters.

Last, I too have heard that the Dolphins may be looking to move Suh. I had heard that he may go back to Detroit. I will admit that I haven't followed that closely enough and if may be rumor and/or not true. I had heard that the Dolphins were looking for more leadership out of him given the money they spent especially when tannehill went down but again you probably know more about it than me so on this point I will defer to you.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FlyerFinFan im not sure where all the hostility is coming from but it's clouding at least some of your judgment.

First, Brisset was NOT a cap casualty. He was playing on a rookie contract so he was/is cheap. He was traded bc it was decided by the patriots that they would not carry 3 QBs this year. He was not gonna make the 53 man roster so he was traded rather than released whereby they would get nothing. In fact, if you look at the Brady era they have traditionally only carried two QBs.

Second, the pats were NOT offered more prior to the draft. Following the trade, all teams involved (including the pats) stated that a first round pick was NEVER offered by anyone. SF offered their second round pick "and change" which was NOT included in the deal for Jimmy G. The pats didn't trade Jimmy G prior to the season because they had hoped to convince him to stay as Brady's backup and take over when he retired. They were going to pay him. The problem was Jimmy wanted the one thing the pats couldn't give him: playing time. He wasn't gonna sign long term with the pats so the pats would have had to franchise him and then trade him. They waited till the last possible second before making the trade and they did so primarily bc Jimmy wanted playing time. Nobody in Boston blames him for that. He's in the prime of his career.

Third, I have consistently posted that Miami was on the upswing. I noted they won 10 games, made the playoffs, etc and were well in their way till tannehill got hurt. In fact, this very point has been made by other pats posters. It's pats haters who say the AFC east (including the Dolphins) sucks. Not me and certainly not other posters.

Last, I too have heard that the Dolphins may be looking to move Suh. I had heard that he may go back to Detroit. I will admit that I haven't followed that closely enough and if may be rumor and/or not true. I had heard that the Dolphins were looking for more leadership out of him given the money they spent especially when tannehill went down but again you probably know more about it than me so on this point I will defer to you.
Even still if you know JG is getting moved why trade brisset? You know that you are heading to the playoffs and now are left with a back up who is way behind plus a 40+ qb. It's a blunder yet south is worried about Miami's cap. I didn't start this no hostility just explaining that patsies have a worse off cap than the Fins and now have an inexperienced back up due to this Suh or no Suh.
If it makes sense to release or move Suh that's next year has nothing to do with what happened this year. They had enough cash to pay another qb at the midnight hour how much proof do you need? Miami fell apart for various other reasons. Even today they were in it in the fourth but the offence especially Moore fell apart again. Qb has killed them and injuries at the worst positions not cap. I could go on and on but why bother...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make no sense. They knew the situation before the draft and didn't pull the trigger for more apparently a first and more. They could have signed a back up no different than hoyer most likely better except he would be better prepared right now if brady goes down during a bowl run. Instead he takes less and now has a back up who has no clue. This year isn't over you are preparing for playoffs and your team royally F'd it up yet south is worried about Miami's cap??? That was my point ridiculous...
:frusty::yield:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even still if you know JG is getting moved why trade brisset? You know that you are heading to the playoffs and now are left with a back up who is way behind plus a 40+ qb. It's a blunder yet south is worried about Miami's cap. I didn't start this no hostility just explaining that patsies have a worse off cap than the Fins and now have an inexperienced back up due to this Suh or no Suh.
If it makes sense to release or move Suh that's next year has nothing to do with what happened this year. They had enough cash to pay another qb at the midnight hour how much proof do you need? Miami fell apart for various other reasons. Even today they were in it in the fourth but the offence especially Moore fell apart again. Qb has killed them and injuries at the worst positions not cap. I could go on and on but why bother...

NFL 2017 Salary Cap Tracker

$500k wouldn't even get you a bag of used kicking tees. 5 weeks left and $4M someone is doing something right.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what south was referring to was Suh's cap number next year. I honestly have no idea what it is. Hoyer is a better backup to Brady than Brisset. He knows the system and is a vet. Brisset may turn out to be the better QB but RIGHT NOW hoyer is the better fit.

What do you think happens to Suh at the end of the year? Do you think they move him or just pay him. I don't see him just being released.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what south was referring to was Suh's cap number next year. I honestly have no idea what it is. Hoyer is a better backup to Brady than Brisset. He knows the system and is a vet. Brisset may turn out to be the better QB but RIGHT NOW hoyer is the better fit.

What do you think happens to Suh at the end of the year? Do you think they move him or just pay him. I don't see him just being released.
He's been trying to tell us that it's a problem every year yet it hasn't. If anything it should have been a problem this year with the QB going down but it hasn't. They also resigned every player they wanted so south makes no sense. Next year they can renegotiate or release whatever just like any player it never affected them to this point. He doesn't get it.
I only brought up your qb situation to explain to him that even his team has had to make sacrifices but even still they could have kept their best back up option if they set themselves up better. They didn't and lost him for less. I heard that they could have received more in the offseason.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Fins vs Pats game I am thinking Suh is one of the reasons that Brady will change his mind about playing another 5 years. Suh got some good hits on Brady. I don't think Brady is looking forward to the next game in Miami.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Fins vs Pats game I am thinking Suh is one of the reasons that Brady will change his mind about playing another 5 years. Suh got some good hits on Brady. I don't think Brady is looking forward to the next game in Miami.
Agreed he didn't look to be too excited to be out there in the second half. If only Moore could handle the pressure up the middle better the Fins were in the game. Just too many mistakes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been trying to tell us that it's a problem every year yet it hasn't. If anything it should have been a problem this year with the QB going down but it hasn't. They also resigned every player they wanted so south makes no sense. Next year they can renegotiate or release whatever just like any player it never affected them to this point. He doesn't get it.
I only brought up your qb situation to explain to him that even his team has had to make sacrifices but even still they could have kept their best back up option if they set themselves up better. They didn't and lost him for less. I heard that they could have received more in the offseason.

Last place Miami Dolphins

"On the next play, Ndamukong Suh tackled Dion Lewis by the facemask. Somehow, that didn't draw a flag, but it didn't matter. The Patriots scored on the next play, it was 28-10 and the rest would be a formality."

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last place Miami Dolphins

"On the next play, Ndamukong Suh tackled Dion Lewis by the facemask. Somehow, that didn't draw a flag, but it didn't matter. The Patriots scored on the next play, it was 28-10 and the rest would be a formality."
Did they not make the playoffs last year? Probably wouldn't have without Suh unless you are in souths world...who needs good players?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL 2017 Salary Cap Tracker

$500k wouldn't even get you a bag of used kicking tees. 5 weeks left and $4M someone is doing something right.
You do realize that they lost their starting QB in the preseason right? Still managed to sign another for 10 M which most teams couldn't afford to do but of course that was a killer. Either way they had plenty of cap which destroys souths whole entire argument here. Case closed.
Moving forward odds are they'll either renegotiate the final years or move on. Most likely the plan all along. Didn't cost them anything but cash. Could have turned out a lot better if the injuries didn't kill them amongst other things.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that they lost their starting QB in the preseason right? Still managed to sign another for 10 M which most teams couldn't afford to do but of course that was a killer. Either way they had plenty of cap which destroys souths whole entire argument here. Case closed.
Moving forward odds are they'll either renegotiate the final years or move on. Most likely the plan all along. Didn't cost them anything but cash. Could have turned out a lot better if the injuries didn't kill them amongst other things.
Can you move the goal posts any further? Your team has $500k if their season wasn't already doomed it is if they get one more injury.

Do we need to go over the list of players that have left since the Suh signing so they could have cap space?

Look everyone knows you're a homer and will never admit this was a bad signing. The dude is not a leader by any stretch of the immagination. He costs the team on more occassions then anyone except maybe Burfit and Michael Bennett by committing stupid penalties. Had NE completed this same signing you'd be all over them telling them what a stupid move it was.

You realize he accounts for 11% of your teams cap and he's signed thry 2020? You'd better hope someone wants him?