• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins losing draft picks because of tampering

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to remember that part of the reason that made their #1 pick expendable for Hill this year was because they were heading into next year with 2 1st round picks (they own SF's pick too).

Then add into the mix that Belichick continues to prove he knows nothing about the WR position trading away a 3rd round pick for the right to pay Parker $12m over the next 2 years.

Long and short is the Dolphins were one of the few teams in the league that losing a 1st and a 3rd round pick actually doesnt put them behind in draft assets.

If Tua really does stink, it will be a big blow no doubt. But they have options still.
What does all that have to do with Belichick?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does all that have to do with Belichick?

The Dolphins have an extra 3rd rounder from the Patriots in the upcoming draft so losing a 3rd rounder isnt as big of a deal as it is for most teams because the Phins had extra draft ammo. They also had an extra 1st rounder too. So this slap doesnt hit them as hard as it would hit other teams.

Only reason I put the rest of it in there is that somehow I missed that trade this offseason. I was shocked to see that the Pat's had given up such a high pick for such a pedestrian player on a contract that he likely wouldnt have found on the open market. But I once again digress....

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has taken 1st round picks for violations 3 times in NFL history. All 3 have in some way involved Tom Brady.

I cant think of the 3rd! (This and deflategate). What is the other?

confused role playing GIF by Hyper RPG

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has taken 1st round picks for violations 3 times in NFL history. All 3 have in some way involved Tom Brady.
When you are talking about the best QB to ever play the game, everything is a bigger deal.....

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would somebody explain why Brady isn't being punished if the tampering was talking to him????? besides he's the golden child

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK

Nice reach, but ok

I wasn't the one that said he was connected to every 1st round pick being lost. Someone then asked what all 3 times in NFL history as they could only remember deflategate and now with the Dolphins so I just pointed out the other was spygate.

I'm not trying to reach for anything. I would say really two of those three you can't really pin on him. Dolphins were stupid with this last one. That isn't on Brady. I agree Spygate is not on him. That is a coaching thing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on the team. That is the connection
I may not be remembering it correctly, but it doesn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to think the Pats were filming more than just the Jets in the whole 'Spygate' scandal.

That said, you have to wonder if Brady was watching any of that film, making him complicit in it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would somebody explain why Brady isn't being punished if the tampering was talking to him????? besides he's the golden child
Actually very simple.
Brady was tricked into the meeting along with Flores.
He wanted nothing to do with tampering......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange that the NFL would acknowledge all the allegations except for the incentivized tanking.

Essentially claiming every allegation that is damaging to the franchise/owner is true, except for that one part about financially incentivizing tanking (which would fundamentally damage the league).