• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins losing draft picks because of tampering

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins fans on Twitter telling me they’d win the Tyreek trade. :)
Bigger picture, the Dolphins are now 100% stuck with Tua. They could still be in great shape but if Tua stinks then it could set the team back half a decade or more imo

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger picture, the Dolphins are now 100% stuck with Tua. They could still be in great shape but if Tua stinks then it could set the team back half a decade or more imo

Have to remember that part of the reason that made their #1 pick expendable for Hill this year was because they were heading into next year with 2 1st round picks (they own SF's pick too).

Then add into the mix that Belichick continues to prove he knows nothing about the WR position trading away a 3rd round pick for the right to pay Parker $12m over the next 2 years.

Long and short is the Dolphins were one of the few teams in the league that losing a 1st and a 3rd round pick actually doesnt put them behind in draft assets.

If Tua really does stink, it will be a big blow no doubt. But they have options still.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to remember that part of the reason that made their #1 pick expendable for Hill this year was because they were heading into next year with 2 1st round picks (they own SF's pick too).

Then add into the mix that Belichick continues to prove he knows nothing about the WR position trading away a 3rd round pick for the right to pay Parker $12m over the next 2 years.

Long and short is the Dolphins were one of the few teams in the league that losing a 1st and a 3rd round pick actually doesnt put them behind in draft assets.

If Tua really does stink, it will be a big blow no doubt. But they have options still.
SF made it to the SB and a couple of plays from a 2nd SB with Jimmy G. In the same division as Drew Lock/Geno Smith. Maybe Trey Lance stinks and SF gives them a decent pick but is it going to be enough to outduel the Texans or Falcons for a top QBs? Id be surprised.

Not really sure a 3rd round pick does a whole lot to move the needle when it comes to getting a new QB in what is supposed to be a good QB class.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao... he cites the investigation as trustworthy on the points he likes, and cites it as proof to defend himself... but says that same investigation he relies on is also untrustworthy on the points he doesn't like

FZK3EJZX0AEsWjA

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange that the NFL would acknowledge all the allegations except for the incentivized tanking.

Essentially claiming every allegation that is damaging to the franchise/owner is true, except for that one part about financially incentivizing tanking (which would fundamentally damage the league).

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me like I'm 5, why the Dolphins got spanked, but not Tom Brady.

The Dolphins couldn't tamper with him without him being in on the tampering.

Is a suspension coming for him too, or not?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intern: Mr.Goodell, i have just received evidence to prove the Dolphins were tanking
RG: Let me see that, Is this the only copy?
Intern: Yes sir
RG: Get me a cup of coffee
Intern: Yes sir
<RG forgets how to properly reach out for the coffee, it spills>
RG: Look at what you made me do, you idiot. You're fired, security, security. I'm the NFL. I'm the big man in the NFL. Fucking 6 games!
RG: Get me Dolphins owner on the phone before you leave.
SR: Hello! Is it my bondange time?
RG: It's me
SR: Who's me?
RG: King Goddell
SR: What do you want? Six fucking games
RG: Enough about that, you're dumbass almost let it slip out about your tanking so we're taking a 1st and 3rd for your incompetence.
SR: Sorry RG, what about the tampering?
RG: Nobody cares about that, everyone does that. Now if you'll excuse me and Mr.Kraft have a massage date, six fucking games

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange that the NFL would acknowledge all the allegations except for the incentivized tanking.

Essentially claiming every allegation that is damaging to the franchise/owner is true, except for that one part about financially incentivizing tanking (which would fundamentally damage the league).
The NFL's hired gun found no evidence of tanking, as instructed.
They still have a lawsuit to take care of. This does not effect the Flores lawsuit.