• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doing a compare and contrast essay on MLB/NFL

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's already mentioned this maybe, but baseball is the only team sport in which the defense has control of the ball.
Uhhh Soccer and Hockey has Defensemen controlling the Ball or Puck, Heck Goalies can Score in both these Sports.

It might be better to say, Baseball is the only Sport where the Offense NEVER physically touches the ball, unless they want to get Out...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no salary cap in baseball, there's a farm system in baseball, players union is much stronger in baseball, international scouting is necessary in baseball, no random drug testing in baseball for pot (players union).

Are these supposed to be Good Things?

Football forced it players into College, and while Force is never good, You cannot say a 18 year old baseball player is better off wasting the next 4 years in a Farm System than than wasting it at a University.

Anyone can play baseball, just like Soccer, most American have rejected these Limp Wrist Sports, so International Scouting is the only way they can find Talent, Football Players are 98% Americans, why Scout anywhere else for MUCH Inferior Talent?!!?!?

Overpaid Players, in an Overrated Sport because of a Union is not a Good Thing. See Baseball Fanbase past 25+ years.

Ya a bunch of High Overpaid Millionaires is how to Broaden the Sport.......................

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these supposed to be Good Things?

Football forced it players into College, and while Force is never good, You cannot say a 18 year old baseball player is better off wasting the next 4 years in a Farm System than than wasting it at a University.

Anyone can play baseball, just like Soccer, most American have rejected these Limp Wrist Sports, so International Scouting is the only way they can find Talent, Football Players are 98% Americans, why Scout anywhere else for MUCH Inferior Talent?!!?!?

Overpaid Players, in an Overrated Sport because of a Union is not a Good Thing. See Baseball Fanbase past 25+ years.

Ya a bunch of High Overpaid Millionaires is how to Broaden the Sport.......................

you are a moron, but that isn't breaking news.

what part of compare/contrast means rank?

The only thing you are even remotely close to being correct on is the college angle, but you fail to recognize that most highly drafted baseball prospects are guaranteed a college education if they do not make it in x-number of years. So they can go and get paid right away and have a backup plan of free school if it doesn't work out instead of pretending to go to school for 3-4 years and entering a smaller draft.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are a moron, but that isn't breaking news.

what part of compare/contrast means rank?

The only thing you are even remotely close to being correct on is the college angle, but you fail to recognize that most highly drafted baseball prospects are guaranteed a college education if they do not make it in x-number of years. So they can go and get paid right away and have a backup plan of free school if it doesn't work out instead of pretending to go to school for 3-4 years and entering a smaller draft.

So where is the Football Aspect, all you did was Post what you think Baseball is better at. Though I guess you can Deny that and call other people names...

Explain the Nationality of Baseball and Soccer, then Compare it to Football. But I am not right about that....

Ya, because a 18-22 Year old Saves Money...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with guaranteed vs non-guaranteed contracts. You could easily write a few paragraphs on that without looking up much other than a few specific contracts.

Also your point number 2 seems off. Baseball has more chances to keep an inning alive. You can foul a ball forever. Each pitch is the play in baseball. Not each at bat.

Actually, baseball has three strikes and your out, and there's no getting back a out. In football, you can convert for a first down.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I got a 93+7 on the introduction and topic sentences. 100 because I made a second paper on social media and got extra credit-10 points but my extra 3 will go somewhere else.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sports, are, what they are. If the NFL and MLB are going to ruin a sport, to the place they are worthless, then just get rid of them. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch them. There will never be two hour NFL games or one hour MLB games. The sports have endured and thrived because of the way they are played and the rules that govern them.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is the Football Aspect, all you did was Post what you think Baseball is better at. Though I guess you can Deny that and call other people names...

Explain the Nationality of Baseball and Soccer, then Compare it to Football. But I am not right about that....

Ya, because a 18-22 Year old Saves Money...

where in my post did i say anything about those things being "better"

Besides, "better" is 100% dependent on perspective.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, baseball has three strikes and your out, and there's no getting back a out. In football, you can convert for a first down.
Baseball games are 27 outs. Football is 60 minutes. That is the parallel to me. Game length. But I guess you could discuss that in the context of possession.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL team has more than 9 possessions usually.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is the game for intellectuals.
And football isn't?! Last time I checked it has strategies and requires thinking several steps ahead of one's opponent. If that doesn't require intellect and critical thinking then I don't know what does?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And football isn't?! Last time I checked it has strategies and requires thinking several steps ahead of one's opponent. If that doesn't require intellect and critical thinking then I don't know what does?

I love both sports pretty equally. That was a failed attempt by me to troll the OP.