• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does winning the superbowl mess with Wentz's Head

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters:

- the kid was on the sideline the entire time, ( not hiding in the owners box)
- He was in the film room and next to Foles the entire time
- he's on video telling Foles right after the SB, " I'm getting mine next year!"

I dont doubt he's a good kid, and good teammate, but damn, watching your replacement do what you may never do, that cant be easy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters:

- the kid was on the sideline the entire time, ( not hiding in the owners box)
- He was in the film room and next to Foles the entire time
- he's on video telling Foles right after the SB, " I'm getting mine next year!"
Well if he said that it’s all good

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a legit question

When the pens won the cup with Matt Murray (backup) it messed with fleury

All right, honestly I don't see the kid having a meltdown cause of it or do I see him pressuring himself into a frenzy....

Him and Foles gotten pretty tight, I think Nick has a serious question as to what he wants to do next, ( granted Foles will start the 2018 season since Wentz will not be rushed back out there)

Then it comes back to Nick, does he want to go start somewhere else or stay in Philly as the back up and see how many more of these big games they can win

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, honestly I don't see the kid having a meltdown cause of it or do I see him pressuring himself into a frenzy....

Him and Foles gotten pretty tight, I think Nick has a serious question as to what he wants to do next, ( granted Foles will start the 2018 season since Wentz will not be rushed back out there)

Then it comes back to Nick, does he want to go start somewhere else or stay in Philly as the back up and see how many more of these big games they can win
Did I say a meltdown?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont doubt he's a good kid, and good teammate, but damn, watching your replacement do what you may never do, that cant be easy

If this team was built as a "one and done". But in reality there not,
They are a young team that has the right amount of older guys ( under contract)
That could very easily be right back in it next year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team was built as a "one and done". But in reality there not,
They are a young team that has the right amount of older guys ( under contract)
That could very easily be right back in it next year.

I found out the hard way as a Giants fan, you dont always get to face the Patriots, you and I both wish we can play them every week every season

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think many doubt that Wentz will be very good/maybe great, but the question about mounting pressure in 2018 and his entire career maybe, because of what just happened, is pretty legit
I'd have more questions about if Wentz stay healthy than if he can handle pressure. Maybe I am just an odd cat but this is the last thing I'd worry about. As far as I am concerned this is just looking for reasons (no matter how small) Wentz might fail.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have more questions about if Wentz stay healthy than if he can handle pressure. Maybe I am just an odd cat but this is the last thing I'd worry about. As far as I am concerned this is just looking for reasons (no matter how small) Wentz might fail.

"Worried" would be a bit much and it could take years for this to all play out

Agreed on the injury thing, but lets talk in 2 years God willing, if Wentz hasnt won a SB, how that is being discussed/perceived around the football world

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on the injury thing, but lets talk in 2 years God willing, if Wentz hasnt won a SB, how that is being discussed/perceived around the football world
FWIW, the 5 year rule with a HC/QB combo is usually a good one. If it can't win a SB within 5 years, usually the HC and/or QB is a problem.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well let's be fair, Philly fans will for sure "let him know".
But in reality there is a ton of what if's that could come into play for him not to win it

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Romo's back opened the door for Dak. There is no doubt about this. Dak never sees the field if Romo is healthy. But I think Dak's play in 2016 and Romo's decision to not play for another team put Romo in the booth. If Dak didn't play so amazingly well year one Romo takes the job back at the end of the year and probably in 2017 as well.
You know I'm a big fan of Romo, but does anyone believe he'd have gotten through 6 games a season had he got his job back?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo returned after the back injury and was pitching for his job back

Ahhh forget it, youre clueless
News flash, he had a hard time getting healthy gor Sunday his last couple of season.
Health wise he was finished.
Talent wise I thought he was better than Dak and should have been given the opportunity to get his job back. Jerry loves Romo, and since he's the ultimate meddler I firmly believe if Romo could have played Jerry would have made it happen.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News flash, he had a hard time getting healthy gor Sunday his last couple of season.
Health wise he was finished.
Talent wise I thought he was better than Dak and should have been given the opportunity to get his job back. Jerry loves Romo, and since he's the ultimate meddler I firmly believe if Romo could have played Jerry would have made it happen.

Dude this thread is about Wentz not Romo, why you got to turn this into about Romo?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frightning, but I pretty much agree with you.

Romo's career ended when his back (and the rest of his body gave out).

Wentz is the undisputed starter of this team going forward. He knows it, Foles knows it (and pretty much has said as much since the SB).

I think - given the right situation - Foles can be a quality starter. The problem is not too many coaches are able (or willing) to put him in the right system. Also, Foles is one of those players that wants to have fun or be in the right environment, and experience fun while playing; and Philadelphia is an environment where he has found that fun/right environment.

BTW, I would indeed be hesitant to sign Foles as your franchise QB.

Hey, I'm not always an ass. Mainly I'm an ass against a few individual posters.

Yes they earned it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody reads what Dirt posts....

Youre Carson Wentz

Im this guy

e4b4590a690afa6a5f2fd9f17a550eea