• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does winning the superbowl mess with Wentz's Head

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont doubt he's a good kid, and good teammate, but damn, watching your replacement do what you may never do, that cant be easy

Wouldn't you say it's also tough for Tom Brady to watch Nick Foles beat him?
Do we ask what that does to Tom Brady?
Every QB wants to be Nick Foles and hoisting that trophy up.
Every. Single. One.

Nobody starts the season wondering what their draft is going to look like.
Okay, maybe the Browns, but I digress.....

Non-Philly angle : Wentz can't handle the pressure watching his backup win SB MVP
Philly angle : insert Kelce meme "Carson Wentz couldn't handle the pressure!"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... What?

Jimmy g wins two regular season games and you say "see Brady is a system QB!"

Matt casell wins 11 regular season games (misses the playoffs) and you say "see... Brady is a system QB!"

Wentz goes down...you say "no way Eagles win SB with Foles". Foles leads them to the number one seed (winning when he has to) and then leads them to three straight wins in the playoffs (and during those games has a tremendous QB rating) and wins the SUPER BOWL!!

Cmon man. Jimmy G wins a couple of games for the pats and you're swinging from Brady's nuts. Wentz... You need a "bigger sample"?!?

I call bullchit

You got some facts mixed up, Ive been a Jimmy fan all along, he was the exception, his skill set is unique, Ive always thought he would be great, well before the trade

Matt Cassell was obviously the greatest example, dear lord he is awful...

Lets not focus on "miss the playoffs", he won 11 games, your hero Tom won LESS games the next season and MADE the playoffs

Lets be honest, Wentz is most responsible for the #1 seed, Foles was absolutely dreadful in a win over the Raiders, looked very good against a 2-14 Giants team, and was "ok" against the Falcons

The Vikings and the Pats is where he showed himself as Big Dick Nick

Need more

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th documentaries say it bothered him but ok
Which documentaries. I've heard nothing about this. Only thing I've heard was he was the ultimate team player and fully supported Murray without whining to the press about losing his job. I think it bothered him that his time was over in Pittsburgh because of the fans and players and 13 or 14 years in one place but the writing was on the wall. I did wonder what would've happened had there not been an expansion draft but we'll never know the answer to that. Murray got his chance cause MAF got hurt near the end of the season during the first cup run and was out thru the 1st 2 rounds, The opposite happened during the 2nd cup run. I have heard MAF felt he left the team down getting hurt during the 1st cup run but not that Murray getting a chance bothered him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you say it's also tough for Tom Brady to watch Nick Foles beat him?
Do we ask what that does to Tom Brady?
Every QB wants to be Nick Foles and hoisting that trophy up.
Every. Single. One.

Nobody starts the season wondering what their draft is going to look like.
Okay, maybe the Browns, but I digress.....

Non-Philly angle : Wentz can't handle the pressure watching his backup win SB MVP
Philly angle : insert Kelce meme "Carson Wentz couldn't handle the pressure!"

LOL.....Sure, Foles kicking in Tom Bradys' dick was awesome

Brady for the first time ever got to taste what its like to be Aaron Rodgers, watching your defense get steamrolled

I like Wentz, think he could be great, not just good, just think with each passing year, and not winning a SB (if that happens), this season will hover like a black cloud IMO

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got some facts mixed up, Ive been a Jimmy fan all along, he was the exception, his skill set is unique, Ive always thought he would be great, well before the trade

Lets not focus on "miss the playoffs", he won 11 games, your hero Tom won LESS games the next season and MADE the playoffs

Lets be honest, Wentz is most responsible for the #1 seed, Foles was absolutely dreadful in a win over the Raiders, looked very good against a 2-14 Giants team, and was "ok" against the Falcons

Need more

He did have a playoff game against the Saints in 2013.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First world problems.

"OMG my QB is traumatized by Super Bowl victories"

first-world-problems-10.jpg

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....Sure, Foles kicking in Tom Bradys' dick was awesome

Brady for the first time ever got to taste what its like to be Aaron Rodgers, watching your defense get steamrolled

I like Wentz, think he could be great, not just good, just think with each passing year, and not winning a SB (if that happens), this season will hover like a black cloud IMO

Understood.
I guess it would depend on how/why they didn't win the SB.
I mean, I wouldn't say Brady choked in the SB.
If Wentz gets back there and puts up Brady numbers and loses, I'm ok with that.
If he turns into McNabb and starts killing worms or ralphing in the huddle, then we can have this discussion...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The major games as I see them, where Foles showed he could do it:

- The 7 TD game against the Raiders; yes, the Raiders were dreadful, but still only he and Manning ever threw for 7 TD's in a single game (and Foles did it in 3 quarters). There have been enough super star QB's facing bad teams that did not come close.

- He played pretty well against the Saints in the play-offs. He was not the reason the Eagles lost that game.

- Him coming in against the Rams, with Wentz having been lost to injury. He brought the Eagles back (Rams were winning at some point), facing a good defence smelling blood, making the clutch throws when he had to.

- Second half of the divisional game against the Falcons game.

- NFC Championship game against the Vikings.

- Super Bowl

As said before - in the right system, he can be a very good QB.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- The 7 TD game against the Raiders; yes, the Raiders were dreadful, but still only he and Manning ever threw for 7 TD's in a single game (and Foles did it in 3 quarters). There have been enough super star QB's facing bad teams that did not come close.

- He played pretty well against the Saints in the play-offs. He was not the reason the Eagles lost that game.

- Him coming in against the Rams, with Wentz having been lost to injury. He brought the Eagles back (Rams were winning at some point), facing a good defence smelling blood, making the clutch throws when he had to.

- Super Bowl

While it isn't a large sample size, other QBs have been paid more for far less.....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Wentz appeared happy, part of him probably wasn't ... Just from a career standpoint, because now Foles is a threat to his starting job potentially... Also when he looks back at that playoff run he didn't contribute on the field in any way, and that HAS to bug him a bit, the team didn't even need him.... He's human so you know it has to bug him a bit... Put yourself in Wentz's shoes, you go down, and then your team succeeds and wins it's first Super-Bowl.... I mean common, it has to bother him a bit, he won't ever say it obviously.... Next year if they fall short with Wentz it will even hurt more, so Wentz has some pressure next year, and expectations...

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Super Bowl

He's in the right system with you guy's ... Something was obviously working really well...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure it bugs him, but I see it as a positive--extra motivation to get back to health and be the best.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need more

Let's be honest, it was the system that was "most responsible" for the number one seed.

I know it's tough for you to admit you're wrong. You bought into ALL the Wentz hype (probably because it fit your personal Brady narrative) but it was proven to be just that ... Hype.

Did you or did you not say: no way Eagles win the SB with Foles at QB?

I'll help you: you said it. Why? Because you believed Wentz was "mostly responsible" for those wins. He wasn't. The system was and it was proven.

I get that you don't want to admit it and wanna hide behind the "sample size" BS... But it's true nonetheless.

As for Jimmy G... Let's see how good he is when defenses actually start scheming against him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Wentz appeared happy, part of him probably wasn't ... Just from a career standpoint, because now Foles is a threat to his starting job potentially... Also when he looks back at that playoff run he didn't contribute on the field in any way, and that HAS to bug him a bit, the team didn't even need him.... He's human so you know it has to bug him a bit... Put yourself in Wentz's shoes, you go down, and then your team succeeds and wins it's first Super-Bowl.... I mean common, it has to bother him a bit, he won't ever say it obviously.... Next year if they fall short with Wentz it will even hurt more, so Wentz has some pressure next year, and expectations...

100%, anyone that has played sports, and I dont wanna come accross as a world class athlete, the height of my career was high school, but I can still relate to how hard a pill that could be to swallow

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get a mod in here and pin this shit so when he comes back and wins his own we can play the whole "told you so" card.....

Now let's get back to talking about Romo @Manster7588 where were we?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, it was the system that was "most responsible" for the number one seed.

I know it's tough for you to admit you're wrong. You bought into ALL the Wentz hype (probably because it fit your personal Brady narrative) but it was proven to be just that ... Hype.

Did you or did you not say: no way Eagles win the SB with Foles at QB?

I'll help you: you said it. Why? Because you believed Wentz was "mostly responsible" for those wins. He wasn't. The system was and it was proven.

I get that you don't want to admit it and wanna hide behind the "sample size" BS... But it's true nonetheless.

As for Jimmy G... Let's see how good he is when defenses actually start scheming against him.

What part of "I need more than 2 games" to make the determination are you having an issue with?

Id like to help

And no doubt, i thought the Eagles had no shot with Foles, thats definitely true

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get a mod in here and pin this shit so when he comes back and wins his own we can play the whole "told you so" card.....

Now let's get back to talking about Romo @Manster7588 where were we?

Enjoy your day in the sun, the Eli City Rollers will be back on top next season