• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does winning the superbowl mess with Wentz's Head

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Not being the starter/playing when the team wins
-Getting hurt and the team not missing a beat without you
-The pinnacle of his career, hes on the sidelines, watching his back up light it up
-Feels like he didn't "help or "do" anything to help them win
-General feelings not deserving the championship
-Pressure to win again(which is obv hard)

just a few things i thought of, could make Mr. Wentz a little jittery next year, and lose some confidence

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I think the coaching exodus is going to have a bigger effect on the eagles season next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I think the coaching exodus is going to have a bigger effect on the eagles season next year.
True. It definitely has to weigh. On u that u didn’t even get a chance to play and you were the guy

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Reich leaving will impact him. Almost as much as the horrible injury he suffered. Why he ran the ball in that instance is still a mystery to me.

I just don't see Wentz coming back and being the same player. He might not even be the starter week 1.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he’s not ready for week 1, yuck mentally and physically.......

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-The pinnacle of his career, hes on the sidelines, watching his back up light it up

just a few things i thought of, could make Mr. Wentz a little jittery next year, and lose some confidence

The bolded ones are flat out wrong.

As soon as he was allowed to, Wentz was back at the Nova Care complex as well as on the side lines helping to break down film and analyzing the plays for Foles. Also, without Wentz, the Eagles would never ever have made it to the number one seed and HFA, so he definitely deserves it.

BTW, injured players have been instrumental in the success of the Eagles this season; the players themselves kept engaged and the team kept the players involved - Peters was instrumental in coaching up Vaitai (and to a lesser extent the rest of the line), Sproles in coaching up Clement as the most obvious examples.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying it’s true. I’m saying I’d feel that way, so would u

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was probably as big a reason for being in the SB as anyone, considering the Eagles most likely aren't there without homefield

But no doubt he was cheering for the Pats deep down, human nature as a competitor not to want to be so easily replaceable

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was probably as big a reason for being in the SB as anyone, considering the Eagles most likely aren't there without homefield

But no doubt he was cheering for the Pats deep down, human nature as a competitor not to want to be so easily replaceable
Second part is true

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cheering to NOT get a superbowl ring??? Lol, um, no. Thats absurd

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz will be fine

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sounds like this guy

18s087g9g0chfjpg.jpg

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think so. He doesnt strike me as the callous type

Some serious pressure on him now

With every season falling short, comes the narrative about this SB

And we all know how hard it is, so good chance he carries that forever

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything, I think the opposite.

He knows that Foles missed plays that he could make. He saw other plays that Foles made that maybe he didn't consider. So he knows what the offense looks like from the sidelines. Kid had been playing since week one as a rookie. He'd only seen another QB throw one pass against a live NFL defense prior to getting hurt.

I think it helps him grow. There's some things about his game that I love, but I think having Foles show him that there's 300+ yards out there through the passing game without the need to scramble and beat the defense by himself will help Wentz grow into the pocket passer he's going to need to be to have a long career in the league.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He knows that Foles missed plays that he could make. He saw other plays that Foles made that maybe he didn't consider. So he knows what the offense looks like from the sidelines. Kid had been playing since week one as a rookie. He'd only seen another QB throw one pass against a live NFL defense prior to getting hurt.

I think it helps him grow. There's some things about his game that I love, but I think having Foles show him that there's 300+ yards out there through the passing game without the need to scramble and beat the defense by himself will help Wentz grow into the pocket passer he's going to need to be to have a long career in the league.

this

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said

Still better win a SB tho, otherwise this will hang over him

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said

Still better win a SB tho, otherwise this will hang over him
No doubt, it's on his mind that he's got to win one for him. And maybe he presses too hard at some point soon, because of the specter of his backup having a Super Bowl MVP award.

But again, I think this shows Wentz that this offense works with the QB throwing the ball. Foles had like 1 or 2 scrambles in 7 games. The other "runs" were either designed keepers, missed snaps, or kneeldowns.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Reich leaving will impact him. Almost as much as the horrible injury he suffered. Why he ran the ball in that instance is still a mystery to me.

I just don't see Wentz coming back and being the same player. He might not even be the starter week 1.
Yeah, football is complicated. Some experts say he ran the ball to score a touchdown (which is worth 6 points), but really who the fuck knows....