• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does winning the superbowl mess with Wentz's Head

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% ..but.

There is a considerable amount of pressure on him now.
His back up took them all the way and now the expectations for him to succeed have tripled.
Just 2 losses in a row with 2 or 3 ints will be enough for the grumblings to start.

He had all the wiggle room in the world. But that ring on his finger might as well weigh 300 lbs for all the extra weight it put on his shoulders.

I disagree, he's young, he has time. If he were a 10 year vet, I could agree, but as of today he has to think he will have plenty of chances of his own.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% ..but.

There is a considerable amount of pressure on him now.
His back up took them all the way and now the expectations for him to succeed have tripled.
Just 2 losses in a row with 2 or 3 ints will be enough for the grumblings to start.

He had all the wiggle room in the world. But that ring on his finger might as well weigh 300 lbs for all the extra weight it put on his shoulders.
Or it's possible that now that Philly has FINALLY won a SB that the pressure is lessened

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority that Wentz is working with the 76ers medical team, so there really is nothing to worry about. Nothing to see here, move along.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. Romo's back ended Romo's career.

As for Wentz the only way he might have pulled for a loss is if he was in danger of losing his status as THE STARTER in 2018 and beyond. Sorry 99.9% of us know Foles isn't a quality starter in this league. Is he better than some current starters, sure he is, but you don't sign him as your franchise QB.
Clearly Romo's back opened the door for Dak. There is no doubt about this. Dak never sees the field if Romo is healthy. But I think Dak's play in 2016 and Romo's decision to not play for another team put Romo in the booth. If Dak didn't play so amazingly well year one Romo takes the job back at the end of the year and probably in 2017 as well.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Wentz the only way he might have pulled for a loss is if he was in danger of losing his status as THE STARTER in 2018 and beyond. Sorry 99.9% of us know Foles isn't a quality starter in this league. Is he better than some current starters, sure he is, but you don't sign him as your franchise QB.

Romo returned after the back injury and was pitching for his job back

Ahhh forget it, youre clueless

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Romo's back opened the door for Dak. There is no doubt about this. Dak never sees the field if Romo is healthy. But I think Dak's play in 2016 and Romo's decision to not play for another team put Romo in the booth. If Dak didn't play so amazingly well year one Romo takes the job back at the end of the year and probably in 2017 as well.

And here we have a guy that knows stuff about the team he cheers for

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, he's young, he has time. If he were a 10 year vet, I could agree, but as of today he has to think he will have plenty of chances of his own.

Look no further than Foles himself.

After one of the best season QB performances in the history of the game Foles was shipped out.
He was given no time to fix what was wrong. Now they blame that on Kelly but back that then it was on him.

Now Wentz leads a proven SB winner. How many chances he has to win comes down to how much patience the front office and the fans have if Wentz stumbles.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frightning, but I pretty much agree with you.

Romo's career ended when his back (and the rest of his body gave out).

Wentz is the undisputed starter of this team going forward. He knows it, Foles knows it (and pretty much has said as much since the SB).

I think - given the right situation - Foles can be a quality starter. The problem is not too many coaches are able (or willing) to put him in the right system. Also, Foles is one of those players that wants to have fun or be in the right environment, and experience fun while playing; and Philadelphia is an environment where he has found that fun/right environment.

BTW, I would indeed be hesitant to sign Foles as your franchise QB.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it's possible that now that Philly has FINALLY won a SB that the pressure is lessened

It is for the fans, the team, the front office ...but for Wentz?
If the Philly machine breaks down or even slows down ...

"Well the machine was running great last year ...what machine part is new this year?" "Maybe it's that?"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Well the machine was running great last year ...what machine part is new this year?" "Maybe it's that?"
yeah, I can see that

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz won't miss a beat.

Not the first time he's been hurt.
Not the first time he's watched another QB win the championship.

Kid's will and poise are Godly.

Talk trash now though, so we can laugh harder later.:pop2:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the biggest machine part that is new is related to the overhaul of the coaching staff. And that could well have a bigger effect than Wentz' play. Also, he is coming back from a torn ACL and PCL, which could affect him.

It will be interesting to see how the team does next season.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz won't miss a beat.

Not the first time he's been hurt.
Not the first time he's watched another QB win the championship.

Kid's will and poise are Godly.

Talk trash now though, so we can laugh harder later.:pop2:

For the record, I don't think the kid will miss a beat either.
It's just that he is in a scenario now that the powers that be may have less patience
with any regression.

And that is no way a knock on him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I've seen some trolling my days, but this one seriously takes the cake....
It’s a legit question

When the pens won the cup with Matt Murray (backup) it messed with fleury

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well for starters:

- the kid was on the sideline the entire time, ( not hiding in the owners box)
- He was in the film room and next to Foles the entire time
- he's on video telling Foles right after the SB, " I'm getting mine next year!"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These threads just show me how much we overvalue the playoffs and SB mentally.

I dont think many doubt that Wentz will be very good/maybe great, but the question about mounting pressure in 2018 and his entire career maybe, because of what just happened, is pretty legit