• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Jay Cutler Get Too Much Of A Bad Rap From Fans And Media?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why in the other thread is that play voted worst call in NFL history? Maybe bc it should have been a loss for NE? :noidea: Maybe bc the most unimaginable happened? Maybe bc the defense saved TB BB and NE?

Maybe the defense almost gave up the Td because of that previous ridiculous fortunate catch, maybe game?. Ravens should have lost to Denver and never reached the SB because of the biggest burn in history, when Denver's D lets Flacco throw up a 60 yard prayer, maybe. The other thread your talking about, is Strongo rubbing salt in , because of the opinion of 1 writer

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geh? DeAr, sometimes you make me wonder if your 13, or 50 with a complex?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now back to the OP of this whole thread.
As one of the Cutler Supporters on the Bears board... I gotta ask this: When the subject of Jay Cutler comes up... in internet articles, on ESPN "best/worst lists", in interviews...
Who's doing the talking? (or actions)
  1. Former failed coaches. Where are all the "killed coaches" that Cutler effected? btw? Let's look shall we: Ron Turner, Mike Martz, Mike Tice, Lovie Smith, Marc Trestman, Aaron Kromer... All have faults beyond the QB or QB position. Why would any praise or say "Nah, it was my fault I sucked as a coach, I should never be hired again" No...they say or allude to "Jay Cutler's the problem" What's curious is that to a man- each of these have gone out of their way to say how much a student of the game Jay is & how he's good in the LR.
  2. ESPN/internet articles= business Clickbait... One of the easiest thing to do is provide a stance that's easy to believe OR easy to dissent- thus generating interest and clicks...and views/MONEY. This is 4 pages long filled with non-Bears fans that from what I can gather who only have the national view point. *one poster on this thread brought up the NFCChamp game as his "quitter" mentality... debunked years ago.
  3. Former bitter teammates. Who knows what happened with Brandon Marshall... Maybe Jay called out his bullshit in the locker room and how he effected team moral? Maybe Jay pointed out Brandon's diminished skills and lack of production in 2014 and Brandon couldn't take it. (BM's worse season in years) Also in Chicago former '85 meatball players pander to the meatball fan base to hold on to that golden goose as long as they can. Easy money! Teammates that didn't have the spot light or skill to take over a game- can we name one in Chicago other then Brian Urlacher? (who's skills diminished and was injured by the time Jay arrived) Whenever a team looses there always has to be a reason. Jay's an easy target.
Who's not talking? Jay Cutler: He's not on twitter ranting about former players. He's not challenging fans to boxing matches or defending his upbringing in how he whips his kids or punches his wife...
He answers every post game question (as a Bears fan I watch closely- they ask the "tough" questions about picks and decisions with the ball and he never backs down- always takes blame and gives credit to others. Without fail... I've never heard him throw a teammate under the bus or act like the DBag he's thought of. Can anyone point to an example of him doing that?

The loudest voices aren't always right... Jay has his faults- sure... he's not elite. But he's not evil by any stretch. Gonna keep cheering for him.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wanted to address the "He's NOT a WINNER" BS I've seen quite a bit...
Jay does in fact have a winning record. So there is that. But Football is the ultimate TEAM sport.

Jay was given crappy Olines (league leader in sacks given up early in Chi career) Devin Hester as a #1 WR? Really Lovie? And historically bad defenses the past two years.

Injuries: Urlacher, The Entire DL in 2012, Tillman and Briggs 2 years in a row, Marshall last year... The injuries to starters throughout his Bears tenure- with terrible drafting to replace them.

Does Russell Wilson have the same record without the Legion of Boom? (or Beastmode?)
Does Montana without Rice? Does Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson win SB's without their defenses?
Team game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wanted to address the "He's NOT a WINNER" BS I've seen quite a bit...
Jay does in fact have a winning record. So there is that. But Football is the ultimate TEAM sport.

Jay was given crappy Olines (league leader in sacks given up early in Chi career) Devin Hester as a #1 WR? Really Lovie? And historically bad defenses the past two years.

Injuries: Urlacher, The Entire DL in 2012, Tillman and Briggs 2 years in a row, Marshall last year... The injuries to starters throughout his Bears tenure- with terrible drafting to replace them.

Does Russell Wilson have the same record without the Legion of Boom? (or Beastmode?)
Does Montana without Rice? Does Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson win SB's without their defenses?
Team game.

dont try the injuries thing . EVERY , EVERY team has injuries.......thats weak