• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dobson 40 time

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope so. he could of scored that td if mallet just threw it higher. i noticed they ran a slant with dobson at the goaline last game against detriot and it was blown up easily cuz dobson just isnt quick and couldnt make that slant work. they threw a lob to him this game and it should have worked if mallet threw it higher. when you hear vertical deep threat which we were looking for as one of our weakness does dobson fit that bill so far? not sure if we got that fixed, but its early we'll see.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game tonight, but going to watch it when I get home from work. I never thought of him like that. I would have loved for BB to grab Quinton Patton. I like what I saw on film from him. I think the big deep threat is Gronk when he gets back. He has been in the past. As for a fast, big, deep threat.....Nope, don't have one.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow and what appears to be a lack of effort are my concerns. Seems to me he doesn't want to fight for the ball either. The one pass from Mallett in the corner while underthrown he made no effort on at all, that shows up in the film room, lazy play.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson is going to have to learn the position. There is more to getting open than speed. It's really too early say anything else.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure of the numbers, but Thompkins seems like the smaller quicker type receiver that seems to do well in the Patriots offense.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO I watched the first half an paid close attention to Dobson. On the first play of the game when they showed the replay from the EZ, AD had his man beat already. I thought he was a bit quicker tonight than in the past. The thing with AD is he makes the tough catches, but drops the easy ones. That play in the EZ, I can't blame him. He was falling backwards and just missed that ball. Had it been a higher pass, he would have been able to catch it or at least get his hands on that somehow. Maybe as he gets older, he can adjust. Have to remember, he is catching passes from 3 diff QB's, its hard to adjust to them all right away. Brady would have made a better pass. In terms of the slants in the end zone, there is only going to be 2 people on this team that will run that, Veeren and Dola. Neither played, so someone had to run the slants. AD missed all of OTA's this yr, KT did not, and it shows.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO I watched the first half an paid close attention to Dobson. On the first play of the game when they showed the replay from the EZ, AD had his man beat already. I thought he was a bit quicker tonight than in the past. The thing with AD is he makes the tough catches, but drops the easy ones. That play in the EZ, I can't blame him. He was falling backwards and just missed that ball. Had it been a higher pass, he would have been able to catch it or at least get his hands on that somehow. Maybe as he gets older, he can adjust. Have to remember, he is catching passes from 3 diff QB's, its hard to adjust to them all right away. Brady would have made a better pass. In terms of the slants in the end zone, there is only going to be 2 people on this team that will run that, Veeren and Dola. Neither played, so someone had to run the slants. AD missed all of OTA's this yr, KT did not, and it shows.

I think we can all agree there is a lot of upside to AD my argument through out all pre-season was and is that he is not great yet, he is at best average and has not been the best receiver of the rookie class, in fact at this point I have him third. But he has the potential in time to be the best of all of them. Time will tell, and some more time in the weight room might help too.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree there is a lot of upside to AD my argument through out all pre-season was and is that he is not great yet, he is at best average and has not been the best receiver of the rookie class, in fact at this point I have him third. But he has the potential in time to be the best of all of them. Time will tell, and some more time in the weight room might help too.

Agree, we have to remember he is a rookie from Marshall, not an all pro from Bama. He has the skills and the QB to make him good. Gotta give him time. I think it took Branch a yr or so to get better. I really like Boyce, he showed his speed today.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wasnt expecting him to be moss, moss ran a 4.25 40 and was the best wr ever. fitz is incredibly athletic and physical which makes up for some of his speed. dobson is not athletically elite on those levels. calvin ran a 4.35 40. i was expecting going into free agency and draft to get an outside wr that can stretch the field deep. i dont feel we got that in dobson after watching him so far, i feel like we got a good wr that can play outside but isnt what we were looking for from a deep threat perspective. i want my #1 wrs to run a 4.3 and be able to beat corners deep, or be so athletically gifted he is hard to cover. dobson seems like he is neither of those, he has been covered fairly easily so far and has done nothing deep. unlike thompkins or amendola who can separate in their #2 wr and slot roles. i feel amendola is elite in the slot, thomkins is elite at the #2, but dobson is not elite at the #1 from what we seen so far.

3 guys meet that description.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they get production from this receiving corps, I'm happy with it. Right now it looks like Amendola and Thompkins as opening day starters, with niche contributions from Dobson, Boyce and Edelman.