• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you draft Johnny Manzeil?

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry Jones would take a chance on him in the 2nd round of the draft. Hey the guy reminds me of a shorter, quicker version of Tony Romo, so if the multimillion Romo project doesnt work out, He have Manzel waiting, since Jerry loves that backyard football type of play.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 20+ yard out. A back shoulder against the grain next to 2 defenders completion. A deep out against double coverage in stride to the WR.

Basically, tough throws against coverage that require both pinpoint accuracy and arm strength.

Nearly every pass I see him make is to WRs that are pretty much wide open, except for those toss ups he throws to Evans downfield.

starbigd, there are very few qbs in the NFL that can consistently make those throws. Only your top Qbs in the NFL can maintain that type of consistency. I think Manzel will be fine, as long as a system is catered to his strengths and hide his weakness. Ala Tom Brady and the Patriots

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can make the throws. His accuracy is underrated.

But the question is can run all around like a chicken w/ his head cut off and all that. He plays best when he throws on the run and buys time. Could that get him into trouble in the NFL whether it is sacks/losing yards or turnovers?? Only time will tell.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can make the throws. His accuracy is underrated.

But the question is can run all around like a chicken w/ his head cut off and all that. He plays best when he throws on the run and buys time. Could that get him into trouble in the NFL whether it is sacks/losing yards or turnovers?? Only time will tell.
It wouldn't be hard to put him on a short Russell Wilson type of leash in year 1

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starbigd, there are very few qbs in the NFL that can consistently make those throws. Only your top Qbs in the NFL can maintain that type of consistency. I think Manzel will be fine, as long as a system is catered to his strengths and hide his weakness. Ala Tom Brady and the Patriots

That's why I said I need to see if he can make them, and that I believe he has the talent to do it. I also think he's a developmental QB, I don't know if there are existing systems he will just be able to walk into and start in right now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Steeler fan drafting possibly to 10 to 15...no. Drafted Landry to not be active every week so I don't fore see a QB from PIT.

PHI in the 2nd round...I would pull the trigger. OFC fits what he does. Being totally honest, I thought he was kind of a fluke and this year he's proven to be a player...I think he'll be smart enough to get down at the next level.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those saying 3rd round might as well be saying don't draft at all because there is 0 chance he lasts that long. I would be surprised if he dropped out of the first to be perfectly honest and completely shocked if he went past the mid way 2nd round, barring some weird injury or scandal between now and then.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean are you the fucking gm. I will never know if I will draft him because I will never get to chose.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I this very same argument years ago when Vince Young was drafted. Only now the exact smae position and arguments I had back then are being taken by longhorn fans.

I think Manziel and Evans could use another year in college. Manziel need to develop his ability to read a defense and be a pocket passer. He has made significant improvements but needs more. Evans looks great but he doesn't run great routes. He takes advantage of his size to just beat the small DBs. In the pros he is going to see DBs that he cant just out physical for the ball.

Manziel & Evans are amazing college players that I think can succed in the pros but definately have some things they need to work on.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I this very same argument years ago when Vince Young was drafted. Only now the exact smae position and arguments I had back then are being taken by longhorn fans.

I think Manziel and Evans could use another year in college. Manziel need to develop his ability to read a defense and be a pocket passer. He has made significant improvements but needs more. Evans looks great but he doesn't run great routes. He takes advantage of his size to just beat the small DBs. In the pros he is going to see DBs that he cant just out physical for the ball.

Manziel & Evans are amazing college players that I think can succed in the pros but definately have some things they need to work on.

I agree with you completely on this. I don't think it's a question of talent. I think it's just a question of preparation.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cons: QBs that flash money and bitches don't win shit in the NFL.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the team and their position in the draft. I don't think he would be top 4 on the board though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel and Vince Young are not the same argument

Vince Young is listed at 6'5'' and 240 pounds.
He looked big on the field.
It was a believeable 6'5" and 240.

Manziel is listed at 6 feet and 207 pounds. But, that seems to be a stretching of the truth.
He looks smallish even compared to college players. He is probably more like 190 pounds.

If JFF was 6'4' and 225+, he would be a top 10 pick.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not first round, but I'd take him. Hell, if my QB was one of those at Jax, AZ, Oak, Phila (tho I like what Foles has done), KC, Cleve, et al, I might take him first.

I think he has potential to be like a Russ Wilson in NFL. Also has potential to be like RG111, very good, but wont survive five years.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Manziel & VY are completely different.

Manziel can throw the ball......accurately.....and can do more than just run a zone read.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaddaya know. Thread is about Manziel, and the obsessed aggy brings up the Longhorns.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a guy that's willing to play another position if asked to?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Young's problems were between his ears and not arm talent or accuracy. He just couldn't pick up complicated NFL schemes good enough to suit his coaches. I don't think Manziel has that problem. In fact I think he is a game changing QB that is going to be way overanalyzed. RGIII, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, etc have proved you can succeed as a dual threat. They've all played well for their experience level. Anybody saying they haven't aren't being fair. They are 2nd and 3rd year players. They really shouldn't even be starting necessarily, but they are, and they have led their teams to the playoffs too. Manziel has a good shot to be really good IMO. His problems this year are from pressing because his defense sucks so bad.