• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB how do you go after yours?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all make the assumption BB will select a QB in this draft. Keeping in mind what the potential cost would be to move up to get one of these QBs. Or do you feel one could slide to #15 or later and BB trades back. Which QB do you want and what type of package/trades would you make to get him? Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Wilson, Trask, Jones or Newman. Other?

Mocks have QB going 1-4 while others see some dropping into the 2nd. What a crap shoot for some GMs.

My scenario is BB rolls the dice and trades away #15 for a first next season and whatever else he can Squeeze out of the trade partner. They have 10 picks already and plenty of cuts to make already. Of course unless he feels the BPA is sitting there at 15 and he can't ignore them.

Anyway trade away 15. Select Mac Jones in the 2nd with #46, yep I think he can slip that far. I think there is overhype right now for QBs. So we'll see how that plays out? BB may have to trade up in the 2nd or to late in the 1st to get Jones? I'm ok with that if he feels Mac won't be there at 46. Put together a deal of picks and make it happen.

If there is a swing and a miss and all the top prospects are gone. I'm going hard after Newman. Move up if need be and reach for him if necessary.

NE needs a potential quality rookie in camp.

Thoughts?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving up will be expensive. The team that trades the pick will know it's a desperate move to get particular QB. They will squeeze for everythng they can get and more than likely it will be #15 and #46 and/or a player like Gilmore. The media has their favorites and continue to pile them on the fans. Even if JAX liked Mac Jones, they're being pigeonholed and literally forced to take Trevor Lawrence. Anyone here remember the Colts agonizing for two weeks before the 1999 draft? Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning. They took Manning and shocked half of the country.

Latest rumors are saying that BB will move up and take Lance. If Jones or Fields are available, my guess is that he'll take Fields. BB will attempt to pave the road before April 29th and have everything in place if his guy available. Not smart to do a panic trade in the 15 minutes between picks.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we stay at #15 and select Jones. Coach B's buddy(Coach Saban) convinces him Mac Jones is a very good QB that can start for the Patriots for a very long time.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB won't trade up to get a QB and most likely trade the 15th overall pick and pick a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 is an abnormal year. Bill hasn't done one expected thing. I don't have any idea of what's goig on in his head. He may trade way every pick and build up for 2022 and have 5 6th and 6 7th round picks and all of them will start in 2021 including an unknown QB who will break every record by 2031.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 is an abnormal year. Bill hasn't done one expected thing. I don't have any idea of what's goig on in his head. He may trade way every pick and build up for 2022 and have 5 6th and 6 7th round picks and all of them will start in 2021 including an unknown QB who will break every record by 2031.
I'd settle for finding the very elusive first round starter...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we stay at #15 and select Jones. Coach B's buddy(Coach Saban) convinces him Mac Jones is a very good QB that can start for the Patriots for a very long time.
Very much a possibility. I see Jones as a rare :ready for NFL" QB.
Only thing keeping him from a top 3 pick is possible low ceiling.....
If Jones is available and BB wants him, he should take him at 15
Trading back Jones will not be available.

Keep in mind that BB likes 1 or more of the QB's and we don't have a lot of trade partners in the 1st round.
I also see the Dolphins taking a QB at 1 of their two 1st round picks.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said this the other day.
Trade 15 for a 2022 1st and whatever else he can get in 2021. Not sure what it's worth? A second? A third?
If not, I like Lance.
Or Newman.
Or Mills.

But Lance AND next years first would be great too.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta isn't taking a QB at 4 after restructuring Ryan so if NE wants to move up that's the obvious spot. I don't see you guys moving up though. Just not a BB type move but this off-season hasn't been typical Pats either. Honestly I don't think you're going to need to move to get a good QB. These mocks with 4 QBs going top 4 are nuts. It's just not going to happen

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta isn't taking a QB at 4 after restructuring Ryan so if NE wants to move up that's the obvious spot. I don't see you guys moving up though. Just not a BB type move but this off-season hasn't been typical Pats either. Honestly I don't think you're going to need to move to get a good QB. These mocks with 4 QBs going top 4 are nuts. It's just not going to happen
6 QB's in the top 9 are possible.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love numbers. Those Stats are fabulous. I'm going to have both charts for dinner tonight.

If the top five QBs are taken, I'll predict that Bill will make a hard left turn and take Trask at 15.

Then he'll go CB (Elijah Molden) or DL (Osa Odighizuwa) at 46.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love numbers. Those Stats are fabulous. I'm going to have both charts for dinner tonight.

If the top five QBs are taken, I'll predict that Bill will make a hard left turn and take Trask at 15.

Then he'll go CB (Elijah Molden) or DL (Osa Odighizuwa) at 46.
Bold, crazy or senile? Why try and predict anything BB will do?

Year after year just when we think we know what way he'll go he throws a wrench in that plan and picks some no name with a bad wheel or two.

I'm just hoping he goes QB in the first or the 2nd. Obviously the two back ups aren't cutting it so we need to find Sham's replacement. Damn i fret another year of watching him. I bet your grandson has better mechanics and not afraid of going after a ball.

Surprise us all BB and move up and take one of the top 4 that you have a high grade on. If you don't have a high grade on any of them. See what falls to you later on. Trade away picks for next year or the year after and see if a QB emerges or someone becomes available via FA or trade? FA this year filled many holes. We don't need to draft 10 players this year. There are already a bunch of cuts that will need to be made.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest fear it trading up for an unknown. If he could get Lawrence or Wilson, he might be inclined to go all in. Fields, Jones and Lance are all just a bit below the first two. Trask, Mond and Mills are a bit lower but all could be the answer with the right coaching and patience.

Personally, I just have feeling that he likes Jaimie Newman and can wait until the fourth round to get him. but he won't ignore Trask at 15. Like it has been said, no one knows what evil lurks in the heart of Belichick.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest fear it trading up for an unknown. If he could get Lawrence or Wilson, he might be inclined to go all in. Fields, Jones and Lance are all just a bit below the first two. Trask, Mond and Mills are a bit lower but all could be the answer with the right coaching and patience.

Personally, I just have feeling that he likes Jaimie Newman and can wait until the fourth round to get him. but he won't ignore Trask at 15. Like it has been said, no one knows what evil lurks in the heart of Belichick.
Davis Mills is your guy.