• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we believe in Trubisky?

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already started using that little two game stretch as a "sign of growth". Even though he reverted right back to square one in GB. Predictably.
He wasn't terrible. The first pick was just a hail mary and the second one was a pretty freak play as the QB isn't concerned with D linemen intercepting. Not a good game but at least he got the ball downfield and gave us some chances to win. It was his second highest passing yardage total of the year.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find it interesting that Trubs seems to be questioning Nagy's play calling... I mean I haven't paid too much attention to the entire back and forth. Could be the media blowing a comment out of proportion, but it seems Trubisky is "awakened" as to what works for him and the way the Packer game was called was not it...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got our franchise QB now we need a coach.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got our franchise QB now we need a coach.

We would be giving Mitch a large contract this offseason if he was our franchise QB.

We won't be.

I think that says it all.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find it interesting that Trubs seems to be questioning Nagy's play calling... I mean I haven't paid too much attention to the entire back and forth. Could be the media blowing a comment out of proportion, but it seems Trubisky is "awakened" as to what works for him and the way the Packer game was called was not it...
He's not wrong. Nagy tends to go pass happy. We didn't try many draws or traps in the run game, just a lot of 5-7 step drop backs without rolling out or anything. The O line did an admirable job considering but it didn't help us at all.

Mitch finding his voice is a good thing though. I hope he can finish strong and give us a little hope going into next season. And hopefully next season, Nagy will decide to give the starters some run. We got hit much harder by injuries this year than last as well so it's not like sitting the starters in preseason really helped.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would be giving Mitch a large contract this offseason if he was our franchise QB.

We won't be.

I think that says it all.
We will be, his 5th year option is a huge one year contract. Then we'll sign him a second contract by years end.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy, likely out of respect for Trubisky, has not yet officially named next week's starting QB. But I'm guessing there isn't a person alive left on Earth who doesn't think that Foles will take the snaps against Indy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy, likely out of respect for Trubisky, has not yet officially named next week's starting QB. But I'm guessing there isn't a person alive left on Earth who doesn't think that Foles will take the snaps against Indy.

Nagy deserves some real credit for how this has been handled. I mean, it could have been disastrous how it turned out with Mitch costing us games...but you couldn't ask for a better possible transition. Foles comes through. Nagy gave Mitch on last shot and his pull was fair, so he gets some rep with the players and fans that still stood by Mitch...and we didn't suffer in the W/L column while he was figuring it out.

Just weird how it has all worked out...Now just gotta see what happens from here...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Including Trubisky. He understands the writing on the wall.

More like "Nagy out of respect to his team".

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy deserves some real credit for how this has been handled. I mean, it could have been disastrous how it turned out with Mitch costing us games...but you couldn't ask for a better possible transition. Foles comes through. Nagy gave Mitch on last shot and his pull was fair, so he gets some rep with the players and fans that still stood by Mitch...and we didn't suffer in the W/L column while he was figuring it out.

Just weird how it has all worked out...Now just gotta see what happens from here...
I think Foles actually won the competition but Nagy knew we could win games against the Lions and Giants with Trubisky there. If Trubisky balls out then great. If he doesn't, Foles has a history of coming in in relief and playing well.

Conversely, if you gave the starting job to Foles from the jump then you probably would have crushed Trubisky's confidence for good. Granted it's not going to be too high right now but at least he has no room now to say that he wasn't given the chance. Hopefully it lights a real fire under his ass cause Foles is known to get hurt from time to time so we very easily may not have seen the last of Mitch.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^stupid post alert

Nothing to see, just ignore

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This literally could not have gone more perfectly. We got the Mitch benching we needed and didn't even have to drop a single game!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Foles has a great year and we can draft a QB to groom behind him next year. We gave Mitch every opportunity and he just couldn’t make the cut. He might be a back up somewhere for a little while, but he’s not going to stick around long. You want a smart QB on the bench and I think that is Mitch’s weak spot.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Foles has a great year and we can draft a QB to groom behind him next year. We gave Mitch every opportunity and he just couldn’t make the cut. He might be a back up somewhere for a little while, but he’s not going to stick around long. You want a smart QB on the bench and I think that is Mitch’s weak spot.

Mitch has to be done. So the question now becomes who is going to be there at QB in the mid to late first round and later?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has to be done. So the question now becomes who is going to be there at QB in the mid to late first round and later?

Trey Lance

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance
I think there will be better QBs available. Trevor Lawrence probably won’t be available and the rest is a crap shoot right now. Justin fields could be a first rounder. A whole host of others could be as well with an impressive season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^stupid post alert

Nothing to see, just ignore

Genius... despite your opinions and disagreements, I want you to make an effort to be nice.

Write a diary, or a poem... or perhaps make a nice card for Nelly........

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who's available. You don't take a guy just to take a guy, you've got to actually see something in him.

That said, Brock Purdy sitting for a year behind Foles looks nice.