• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we believe in Trubisky?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Oline issues, I'm not sure anyone can look great. Want a good breakdown watch:

I watch that channel every week. That guy does everything in his power to blame everyone besides Mitch. Again, the O-line has nothing to do with Mitch missing wide open throws and reads all season. Nothing to do with his poor feel in the pocket.

Comm1

The Kinda New Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 557.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch that channel every week. That guy does everything in his power to blame everyone besides Mitch. Again, the O-line has nothing to do with Mitch missing wide open throws and reads all season. Nothing to do with his poor feel in the pocket.
Yes they have
I agree the O Line has been through the ringer this year with injuries. Playing like 4 or 5 different combinations through first half of the season. They just look like 2 different teams, confident on defense. And so discombobulated on offense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have

I agree the O Line has been through the ringer this year with injuries. Playing like 4 or 5 different combinations through first half of the season. They just look like 2 different teams, confident on defense. And so discombobulated on offense.

When the O-line provides Mitch a perfectly clean pocket and he misses a wide open Gabriel/Miller/Robinson streaking down the field. Or... he just straight up doesn't see them. That's 500000% on Mitch. lol. When Mitch holds the ball for an eternity and flushes INTO pressure? That is on Mitch. It's not even a debate.

Nobody is given an offense without flaw in every season throughout their career. Mitch's play for the majority of this season is utterly inexcusable. Period.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen Mitch miss a few open guys, no more no less then any QB. Mitch will be our QB the next 10+.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen Mitch miss a few open guys, no more no less then any QB. Mitch will be our QB the next 10+.
Would love that but I'm still skeptical. The last couple games have given us hope though.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good QBs coming out next year. I say we draft one if one slips to us in the second round. I wouldn’t shell out for a free agent though. I still don’t trust Trubisky though.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, was more focused on the run blocking, which is real hot and cold.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No different than you going out of your way to blame everything on Mitch. Football is the consummate team game. The sum of all parts. You could have Dan Marino out there, but if the rest of the team plays shitty, so will he.

Mitch is not excused, but he also isn't near as bad as you would like to believe he is.

I imagine he spends his time pointing out others' flaws, because Mitch's have been picked apart ad nauseum, by EVERYONE else.

And yes, the o-line has fucking EVERYTHING to do with Mitch missing open receivers. If they have played terrible for four straight games, how do you suppose Mitch will play in that 5th game? The QB HAS to have confidence in his teammates.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we keep our trust in him or should we go to the free agency pool (that does not look good) or back to the drawing board in the draft pool? I’m leaning the latter
Trubisky has had two solid games and will be going against the Packer's weak secondary.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No different than you going out of your way to blame everything on Mitch. Football is the consummate team game. The sum of all parts. You could have Dan Marino out there, but if the rest of the team plays shitty, so will he.

Mitch is not excused, but he also isn't near as bad as you would like to believe he is.

I imagine he spends his time pointing out others' flaws, because Mitch's have been picked apart ad nauseum, by EVERYONE else.

And yes, the o-line has fucking EVERYTHING to do with Mitch missing open receivers. If they have played terrible for four straight games, how do you suppose Mitch will play in that 5th game? The QB HAS to have confidence in his teammates.

This is just not true. Andrew Luck got murdered out there year in and year out and could sleepwalk to 4000 yards. Mitch is not that...and that IS the expectancy. He was the #2 pick of the f*cking draft.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What has significantly changed in the last couple games where Mitch has played well outside of Mitch? It's the same personnel, same O line issues. Maybe some better play calling, willingness to use Holtz/Horsted and Wims in for Gabriel. That's about it. The reason Mitch has played better and therefore the offense as a whole is because Mitch himself has played better, and it's about as simple as that.

Watch Draft Dr. Phil's videos and he doesn't really give Mitch a pass. He'll point out the talent he has and when the O line lets him down but he also does a lot of "that's on Mitch" and "Mitch needs to know where his man will be" and so on. Throughout the last video, he pointed out a lot of good from Mitch and said "this is growth."

There's a reason why QB is the most important position. For the most part, your offense goes as he does. So Mitch playing better, setting his feet better when he throws, being more decisive, using his legs to pick up yards and so on... it's no wonder our offense has been a lot better these last couple games.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has significantly changed in the last couple games where Mitch has played well outside of Mitch? It's the same personnel, same O line issues. Maybe some better play calling, willingness to use Holtz/Horsted and Wims in for Gabriel. That's about it. The reason Mitch has played better and therefore the offense as a whole is because Mitch himself has played better, and it's about as simple as that.

Watch Draft Dr. Phil's videos and he doesn't really give Mitch a pass. He'll point out the talent he has and when the O line lets him down but he also does a lot of "that's on Mitch" and "Mitch needs to know where his man will be" and so on. Throughout the last video, he pointed out a lot of good from Mitch and said "this is growth."

There's a reason why QB is the most important position. For the most part, your offense goes as he does. So Mitch playing better, setting his feet better when he throws, being more decisive, using his legs to pick up yards and so on... it's no wonder our offense has been a lot better these last couple games.

I've never said otherwise. All I've stated, is those that say, "oh it's all on Mitch," are fooling themselves.

And a lot has changed that coincides with his improvement. The o-line has played MUCH better since Long's demise. The Tight End play has been completely NON-EXISTENT right up until this run. Hell, Holtz and Horstead had more yards last week, than the entire season combined!? That is UNBELIEVABLE. A TE is a safety valve for a QB, that has JUST NOT BEEN THERE.

Mitch is playing better, as well, and he did not play well early in the season. It just so happens, that neither did anyone else, outside of Robinson. (See league-leading drops as another example).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just not true. Andrew Luck got murdered out there year in and year out and could sleepwalk to 4000 yards. Mitch is not that...and that IS the expectancy. He was the #2 pick of the f*cking draft.

Yup, and everyone knew he was not Luck. He had what, 11 career starts er some shit, dating back to highschool? I don't think anyone expected him to be a world-beater from day one.

If it weren't for the unbelievable play of Mahommes, I don't think this discussion would be as prevalent.

He was the Number 2 pick, that if you remember, wasn't even supposed to play his first season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mitch completely shits the bed these last three games, I might waver a bit, but I really think it would be foolish to quit on him already. That's not to say, don't draft a QB or bring in competition or better backups, but all-out rebuild would be dumb af.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and everyone knew he was not Luck. He had what, 11 career starts er some shit, dating back to highschool? I don't think anyone expected him to be a world-beater from day one.

If it weren't for the unbelievable play of Mahommes, I don't think this discussion would be as prevalent.

He was the Number 2 pick, that if you remember, wasn't even supposed to play his first season.

Mitch and Luck were the same exact age for their first NFL start.

Andrew Luck went on the road and threw for 293 yards vs. the #5 ranked yardage and #3 ranked scoring defense that year. Immediately you knew the kid was a game changer...after his first game. (If you haven't figured it out yet...It was us...You may or may not remember that opener).

We're 3 f*cking years later into Trubisky's NFL CAREER and still have no clue if he'll ever be actually be a top ten quarterback...but any sane NFL fan outside of our biased bubble would vote no handily if presented that question. I mean...Eventually where there's smoke there's fire right?

F*ck Mahomes and Watson. Look at what is happening on the field.

Andrew Luck walked on the field and tossed almost 300 vs US in his first NFL game...on the road. Trubisky has only hit 293 ONCE this season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch and Luck were the same exact age for their first NFL start.

Andrew Luck went on the road and threw for 293 yards vs. the #5 ranked yardage and #3 ranked scoring defense that year. Immediately you knew the kid was a game changer...after his first game. (If you haven't figured it out yet...It was us...You may or may not remember that opener).

We're 3 f*cking years later into Trubisky's NFL CAREER and still have no clue if he'll ever be actually be a top ten quarterback...but any sane NFL fan outside of our biased bubble would vote no handily if presented that question. I mean...Eventually where there's smoke there's fire right?

F*ck Mahomes and Watson. Look at what is happening on the field.

Andrew Luck walked on the field and tossed almost 300 vs US in his first NFL game...on the road. Trubisky has only hit 293 ONCE this season.

Jesus fuck, settle down. I'll state it again differently, since you obviously didn't get what I was saying. Trubisky started 13 games at North fucking Carolina. NOBODY expected him to come in and be Andrew Luck. NOBODY. We took a shot, in what was described as a poor QB Draft at the time. And as stated, he was set to redshirt his rookie season, behind MIKE FUCKING GLENNON!? (See, we all can yell and swear en sech)

Yardage schmardage. I care about wins.

I'm not saying he will, but if he comes out and lights it up these last three games, you all will change tunes again.

It's a fickle game.

You can can jump up and down and scream all you want, it doesn't change the fact that scrapping this team to the heap after one unfortunate season,(that isn't even over) is dumb.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fuck, settle down. I'll state it again differently, since you obviously didn't get what I was saying. Trubisky started 13 games at North fucking Carolina. NOBODY expected him to come in and be Andrew Luck. NOBODY. We took a shot, in what was described as a poor QB Draft at the time. And as stated, he was set to redshirt his rookie season, behind MIKE FUCKING GLENNON!? (See, we all can yell and swear en sech)

Yardage schmardage. I care about wins.

I'm not saying he will, but if he comes out and lights it up these last three games, you all will change tunes again.

It's a fickle game.

You can can jump up and down and scream all you want, it doesn't change the fact that scrapping this team to the heap after one unfortunate season,(that isn't even over) is dumb.

Eh...It's not fickleness at this point.

Our offense has been HORRENDOUS since Mitch went down vs Minny last year up until the past Dallas game, with only a couple exceptions. That tells me that teams/schemes caught up to he and Nagy and we are getting pummeled because of it. You can argue for the latter if you want, but when we struggle to put up 20, that goes WAY beyond coaching. Could it be a little bit of everything? Possibly...but I'm tending to think another QB put in the same position would far outperform Trubisky...and our record would reflect it.

If anything qualifies as fickleness, it is by far overreacting to the outlier game vs. Dallas until that play becomes a trend.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch is not good.....These next games will tell the tale........

The reason the Beats have been playong better.....?

Its cause of the terrible teams we've been playing.........

MTs success has come against two Detroit games,the Giants and a Dallas team that is in place,but yet can not find success......
And now eveyone wants to jump in and say hes the player we have been waiting for......

Time to draft another qb......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these people jumping in after those three games and saying he is the fucking Messiah?

Most I've seen is people saying they think it's premature to jump ship, and I agree with them.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...It's not fickleness at this point.

Our offense has been HORRENDOUS since Mitch went down vs Minny last year up until the past Dallas game, with only a couple exceptions. That tells me that teams/schemes caught up to he and Nagy and we are getting pummeled because of it. You can argue for the latter if you want, but when we struggle to put up 20, that goes WAY beyond coaching. Could it be a little bit of everything? Possibly...but I'm tending to think another QB put in the same position would far outperform Trubisky...and our record would reflect it.

If anything qualifies as fickleness, it is by far overreacting to the outlier game vs. Dallas until that play becomes a trend.

Go back and re-watch the season. Nagy sucked, Mitch sucked, the o-line was putrid, the TE's even worse. We had exactly ONE wide receiver that came to play week-in-and-week out. The team was bad. Ill-prepared, undisciplined, and lackadaisical af overall. Hell, even the D took off three or four games there in the middle.

Maybe a different QB would've got us 3 more wins that would've hypothetically put us in contention. (3 more wins is what GB has than us). Maybe not. The point being, abandoning ship completely seems hasty and foolish to me. Like I said, don't necessarily hand the keys to Mitch...bring in competition...draft...whatever, but at this point, he is the best option going into next year, IMO. It would be best for the Bears, for him to succeed. I still think he can. Call me what you will.