• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we believe in Trubisky?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has until the end of next year before we address the starting QB position. I think the game is slowing down for him finally. Sure he has played great against bad team. He also earlier in the year played like shit against bad teams. You can see he is taking charge and reading defenses better then at any point since we drafted him. He is making all the reads too. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion but mine has not changed from day 1. I said then it will take more time then most want to spend but he would be a franchise QB. I think we are starting to see that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has until the end of next year before we address the starting QB position. I think the game is slowing down for him finally. Sure he has played great against bad team. He also earlier in the year played like shit against bad teams. You can see he is taking charge and reading defenses better then at any point since we drafted him. He is making all the reads too. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion but mine has not changed from day 1. I said then it will take more time then most want to spend but he would be a franchise QB. I think we are starting to see that.
So far what I've seen in those past two games are the two biggest problem areas Trubs has had during his stint as the Bears QB having been greatly improved. You've alluded to the first one, which involves his reads. He has done a better job at reading the D and going thru his checkdowns where needed. His other major flaw and to me his biggest, has been his poor accuracy. Yet of late he's been largely on target with his throws, finding the crease and zipping those lasers to his targets, as well as applying the right touch, especially on deeper passes when it comes to longer throws.

He still has a long way to go in convincing me that we have our QB for the next X number of years. We have three super tough opponents coming up and if he can finish this season strong, I'll be so much more encouraged about 2020 than I am at the moment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far what I've seen in those past two games are the two biggest problem areas Trubs has had during his stint as the Bears QB having been greatly improved. You've alluded to the first one, which involves his reads. He has done a better job at reading the D and going thru his checkdowns where needed. His other major flaw and to me his biggest, has been his poor accuracy. Yet of late he's been largely on target with his throws, finding the crease and zipping those lasers to his targets, as well as applying the right touch, especially on deeper passes when it comes to longer throws.

He still has a long way to go in convincing me that we have our QB for the next X number of years. We have three super tough opponents coming up and if he can finish this season strong, I'll be so much more encouraged about 2020 than I am at the moment.
Coming out of college he was rated as very accurate with his passes. Mobile and accurate where his biggest pluses. He is just not a pocket passer. He throws better on the run. I agree these next 3 games will tell us if we got a QB and coach heading into next season. I believe we do but we need to see it on the field. Nagy has learned and gotten better and Trubisky has too. I see a lot of playoffs in the future.

Zappa_Zippo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has not suddenly been that good the last three games. He has played bad defenses. He has done zilch to show he deserves anything more than any other journey grade QB. You watch how he nplays and you think this guy is somehow going to take the Bears to the promised land, I say you need to either drink more or less Old Style. Or give me some of your drugs.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has not suddenly been that good the last three games. He has played bad defenses. He has done zilch to show he deserves anything more than any other journey grade QB. You watch how he nplays and you think this guy is somehow going to take the Bears to the promised land, I say you need to either drink more or less Old Style. Or give me some of your drugs.

It's not the drugs, it's the Old Style

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, slow your roll, Debbie Downer, no one is ready to declare Trubisky as the second coming. All some of us have said is he's been playing much better of late. And I don't think too many people refer to the Dallas D as bad. Yes, Trubisky has to show consistency over a longer period of time besides a few games to make us true believers. I personally have him on a short leash myself, but nonetheless I think we owe him the benefit of the doubt and need to give him that chance.

Zappa_Zippo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you are missing your star player on defense, you are gonna be bad. Dallas has lost all three games with Van Der Esch out. That's not a coincidence.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you are missing your star player on defense, you are gonna be bad. Dallas has lost all three games with Van Der Esch out. That's not a coincidence.
Not gonna necessarily argue about Van Der Esch's value to their D, but one player, no matter how good he is, determines the worth of a team's defense. Look at who we've been missing, yet our D has risen to the occasion. One player doesn't make or break it. The only exception might be the play of a team's QB, but that's the only position.

Zappa_Zippo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bears have multiple great players on D. Dallas never did. They had one. They lost him. And not a replaceable position...the MLB is the least replaceable position on D.

I disagree with your assessment.

Zappa_Zippo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you a hint. Want to make some easy money this week? Simple. Bet against Dallas. I sure am.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he kinda has. Shit defenses or not he is reading the field and taking charge of the offense. He was losing to shit defenses earlier in the year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck no.

The problem is moreso who we replace him with.

I pray to god that you're right.

But I think Pace and those who invested their livelihoods into him are going down with their ship. Giving him another year.

They've already started using that little two game stretch as a "sign of growth". Even though he reverted right back to square one in GB. Predictably.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you a hint. Want to make some easy money this week? Simple. Bet against Dallas. I sure am.

Oh, come on. You had to have seen that coming. It's never that easy and the public is almost always wrong when at such a consensus. Rams are frauds and were the obvious ones to fade.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray to god that you're right.

But I think Pace and those who invested their livelihoods into him are going down with their ship. Giving him another year.

They've already started using that little two game stretch as a "sign of growth". Even though he reverted right back to square one in GB. Predictably.

Whatever the precise truth, it's a white flag to run Trubisky out there as far as contention goes.