• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do The Flyers Trade A Defenseman Before The Season?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Vinny situation up in the air, wouldn't the logical choice be to trade a defenseman, possibly? Or do they stick with the current defense?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say they stick it out with this defense. I don't think the young guys are ready yet.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say they stick it out with this defense. I don't think the young guys are ready yet.

It'll be curious to see how they handle the cap situation - if they can't move Vinny then they might be forced to move something on defense - I dunno though, I agree about the young guys not being ready

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. Hopefully, the young guys in the minors are as good as hoped for but they are still a season or two away. If Hextall can get a decent winger or a high draft pick, it might be worth it. Overall, tho, I'd be happy with the defense they have with Berube's system in place.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we make this move just to liven up this board.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more likley that Vinny will either be on the roster or bought out. The trade market appears to have dried up.

HockeyBuzz.com - Paul McCann - Centers Centers Everywhere! Preds sign two...

May I just say I'll go out on a limb here and say that Vinny will play with a chip on his shoulder next season. Maybe this is just a blessing for the Flyers not to just give him away for a bag of pucks? He still scored 20 goals last season. Ive accepted the fact that he will and should remain on the roster. At this point it doesn't make sense to buy him out IMO.:noidea:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I just say I'll go out on a limb here and say that Vinny will play with a chip on his shoulder next season. Maybe this is just a blessing for the Flyers not to just give him away for a bag of pucks? He still scored 20 goals last season. Ive accepted the fact that he will and should remain on the roster. At this point it doesn't make sense to buy him out IMO.:noidea:

He has to be healthy and get in shape - if he does those two things there's no reason he shouldn't be at least a little better

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would like to see what he can do a line with G and Voracek. At this point, I'd rather keep Vinny and dump Grossman somewhere...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade a dman to clear cap space. I think the Flyers still lack depth at that position & trading a dman to clear cap space will make the situation worse. If anything, the Flyers should trade for a dman if it's possible. That's just my opinion tho.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade a dman to clear cap space. I think the Flyers still lack depth at that position & trading a dman to clear cap space will make the situation worse. If anything, the Flyers should trade for a dman if it's possible. That's just my opinion tho.

Yeah, but Grossman is slow and injury prone. Also, Laurdison is on a one-way deal this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: :suds:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't think it's depth the flyers lack on defense. it's top end ability. the way they are set up now they're essentially rolling in to the season with six 3-4 type dmen. Lauridsen or Manning could come up and be an adequate 6/7, Schultz (arguable) could be a passable 6. so they have depth, they just need that much depth to cover for the fact that their top pairing shouldn't be a top pairing.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really don't think it's depth the flyers lack on defense. it's top end ability. the way they are set up now they're essentially rolling in to the season with six 3-4 type dmen. Lauridsen or Manning could come up and be an adequate 6/7, Schultz (arguable) could be a passable 6. so they have depth, they just need that much depth to cover for the fact that their top pairing shouldn't be a top pairing.

True it is the top end talent more than depth.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed - they have a lot of solid guys but not any game changers - if they had a game changer, the rest of this defense would be really good

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep if you add a Pronger type of dman to this team and all of a sudden the whole D corps looks pretty good. It's really too bad he was injured but time to move forward. I'm still hoping that one of the young guns impresses in camp and makes the team. There may be some growing pains but you'd like to hope that by the playoffs the D's better for it.

Grossmann is a tough call unless a guy like Lourd can fill his role. I know he's slowed down and is injury prone but he's a warrior and you can never have enough of those guys. I guess we'll see what happens.

As per Vinny I play him 2nd line center and see what he does. If he's healthy I bet her performs well. Schenn is the tough one as he can be a decent winger but will the team be hurting him if they move him to wing? If anything play him with G and Jake at least his confidence won't be blown in that role!