• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do not fear Pats fans

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 defense is aggressive... but not totally out of the question if they get Talib and Dennard, Adrian Wilson and McCourty playing the way they can play and get some good pass rush out of Benard, Collins and Jones. I know I'm out on a limb here, but I haven't felt this good about the defense going into a season since 2004. I think they really do have the possibility of being elite this year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't felt as good about our team in general since then. We are in good shape on both sides of the ball.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denard running 3rd on the depth chart behind Talib and Arrington.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is Gronk out? 2 weeks, 4, 6+? I can't see it being more then a month.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is Gronk out? 2 weeks, 4, 6+? I can't see it being more then a month.

I think only BB and Gronk know. I see him being on the roster to start and hope it is only 4 games.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots | Alfonzo Dennard behind two others Thu Aug 8, 12:43 AM New England Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard appears to be running behind CBs Aqib Talib and Kyle Arrington, and Dennard was beaten twice for touchdowns in 11-on-11 drills in a join practice Wednesday, Aug. 7, with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Link to story
Aqib Talib player page
Kyle Arrington player page

Well this suck IMO Arrington sucks, I panic every time that guy is on the field.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this suck IMO Arrington sucks, I panic every time that guy is on the field.

The only thing I can think of is BB is trying to get a backup plan in case Dennard goes to jail? IDK...Arrington in the slot is fine, not on the edge.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of our secondary sucks playing out of position. We have flexibility based on the not so good performances of the secondary playing out of position. This will be useful.

Our secondary, playing in position, will be elite or very good. The rest of our defense is very, very, good.
If the secondary is even close to what they are capable of, we will have a great defense.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the off the field issues are on dennards mind so hes not really concentrating on his job ? Not really trying to make excusses as he should have been in that place to begin with. Jus thtinking out loud.. which is part of why i thought it would be better to get his legal stuff out of the way or postpone it. If hes not paying attention not only could he lose his job he could get seriously hurt. Again he should not have put himself in the position. Hopefully as practice rolls along the DB's with click like Brady and the young recievers have. Now is the time to suck.. when the rseason rolls on and they mesh together they could be a very good group.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
krafty dont make me slap you upside the head! you know darn well the defense last year was a joke the first half of the season and not until we moved mccourty to fs, traded for talib, and started dennard did the defense have the pieces to play good. if you look at the stats after we got those guys playing you will see they were elite.

talib and dennard are two press man corners let them start the whole season from the start and you'll see how good the stats are at the end of the year. im predicting top 3 defense this year and even better if Glass-IR can contribute.

Let's look at the "second half of the season"...In the last five games of the year, playoffs included, they played three decent teams and gave up 41 to the Niners, 28 to Houston and 28 to the Ravens. Talib went out early against the Ravens but he was there for the 41 they gave up to the Niners and the 28 they gave up to Houston in the playoff game.

They had their bye in week 9 and gave up 31 to the Bills in the first game of your "second half of the season". In those remaining seven games of the regular season they played the Colts, the Dolphins twice, the Jets, the Jaguars and Houston at home who they smoked. Playing well against cupcake teams like the Jets, Colts, Dolphins 2x and the Jaguars means little. No one in their right mind could watch that Niner game and think they have a good pass defense but just had a bad day at the office....that's homerspeak.

The fact that Belichick went looking for another safety in free agency, drafted still another safety/reach in the 3rd round and another corner in the 3rd tells me he knows the D-backfield needs help. Maybe this is the year he stops wasting valuable picks on D-backs that can't play??? Maybe, but Rutgers doesn't fill me with too much enthusiasm or hope. He's fortunate Tampa wanted to move Talib and Dennard ran into trouble right before the draft making it too hard to pass on his value in the 7th. I won't complain if he turns the whole group over next year like he did the WRs this year.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots | Alfonzo Dennard behind two others Thu Aug 8, 12:43 AM New England Patriots CB Alfonzo Dennard appears to be running behind CBs Aqib Talib and Kyle Arrington, and Dennard was beaten twice for touchdowns in 11-on-11 drills in a join practice Wednesday, Aug. 7, with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Link to story
Aqib Talib player page
Kyle Arrington player page

You can't post anything bad about Dennard when Briz is around...see Brandon Meriweather.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol merriweather had potential.. he just wouldnt change his game to the way it needed to be.. always looking for the big hit.. wasnt much of a team player

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol merriweather had potential.. he just wouldnt change his game to the way it needed to be.. always looking for the big hit.. wasnt much of a team player

The first time I saw him play I thought "bad instincts and takes bad angles" and it never changed much. Dennard may turn out to be a good player but it's to early to predict IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he took cues from samuel .. look for the big hit.. take the big hit regardless.. just a typical selfish player that just wanted the accolades instead of championships..

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the "second half of the season"...In the last five games of the year, playoffs included, they played three decent teams and gave up 41 to the Niners, 28 to Houston and 28 to the Ravens. Talib went out early against the Ravens but he was there for the 41 they gave up to the Niners and the 28 they gave up to Houston in the playoff game.

They had their bye in week 9 and gave up 31 to the Bills in the first game of your "second half of the season". In those remaining seven games of the regular season they played the Colts, the Dolphins twice, the Jets, the Jaguars and Houston at home who they smoked. Playing well against cupcake teams like the Jets, Colts, Dolphins 2x and the Jaguars means little. No one in their right mind could watch that Niner game and think they have a good pass defense but just had a bad day at the office....that's homerspeak.

The fact that Belichick went looking for another safety in free agency, drafted still another safety/reach in the 3rd round and another corner in the 3rd tells me he knows the D-backfield needs help. Maybe this is the year he stops wasting valuable picks on D-backs that can't play??? Maybe, but Rutgers doesn't fill me with too much enthusiasm or hope. He's fortunate Tampa wanted to move Talib and Dennard ran into trouble right before the draft making it too hard to pass on his value in the 7th. I won't complain if he turns the whole group over next year like he did the WRs this year.

the only bad game they had was against san fran and that was because the pats played soft, the dc did not call an aggressive game. san fran and their great defense gave up 34 point to us too, it was just one of those games.

many points were 4th qrt garbage points the pats let up after they were destroying teams. second half of the season after we got talib the scores were:

vs colts, 59-24 pats (talib 59 yd int td, dennard 87 yd int td)
vs yets, 49-19 pats (garbage points for yets)
vs miami, 23-16 pats
vs houston, 42-14 pats (mallett threw red zone int in 4th that led to a td for houston, garbage points)
vs jax, 23-16 pats
vs miami, 28-0 pats

im not going to go look it up again like i did before but those numbers are TOPS in the league for defensive unit. the pats defense was performing at an elite level. the playoff game we destroyed houston and balt dont count cuz we had no talib or chandler jones. if the pats had talib, dennard, mccourty at fs for the entire year their stats would be phenominal. the early season disfunctional defense let up so much points and yards it makes the end of the year stats look bad.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not going to go look it up again like i did before but those numbers are TOPS in the league for defensive unit. the pats defense was performing at an elite level. the playoff game we destroyed houston and balt dont count cuz we had no talib or chandler jones. if the pats had talib, dennard, mccourty at fs for the entire year their stats would be phenominal. the early season disfunctional defense let up so much points and yards it makes the end of the year stats look bad.

Briz, I agree but I don't like the idea that a couple of injuries made us mediocre. A couple of guys needed to step up for us and did not. I have heard more than one person say that our secondary did not play / look at the ball.

We should be good out of the gate. What will injuries do to us?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz, I agree but I don't like the idea that a couple of injuries made us mediocre. A couple of guys needed to step up for us and did not. I have heard more than one person say that our secondary did not play / look at the ball.

You could say that about any team. Heck, the Ravens were only any good in the playoffs last year because they happened to get some key players back at the right time.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea injuries scare the bejesus out of me. its the only thing that can really derail this team. although thats true for most teams too. like draw said ravens got a bunch of their players back at the end and minus webb they were full go. we were crippled imo, the injuries were just in the wrong places for us, to very vital players we couldnt afford to lose. what been the pats weakness? no passrush and poor pass defense. so we go out and draft jones and trade for talib and they fix those issues. then you lose them to injury and we right back at square one, poor passrush no pass defense. you cant expect players like marquise cole who was cut from the yets by all teams to step up and cover boldin like talib could. just not gunna happen. having no gronk killed the offense too. if we lost an inside linebacker like mayo or something we might have been able to overcome it cuz we can shut down the run, but we cant lose a corner and passrush de.

they say injuries arent an excuse but they are in my book! lool :) beat us at full health and it dont bother me i give props but beat us injured and im not cool with it.