• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DMC taking reps at CB

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dennard(not sure what he has) and Ras both sitting, DMC has been at CB. I do not like the sound of that at all. These S are not a good group at all with out him back there. Wilson, Harmon, Gregory, Wilson, Ebner.....I mean WTF!! Prob should have looked at this more serious than drafting guys who should have either taken in the 5-7th rd or some who were suppose to UDFA....nope! I mean we only waited 10yrs before we drafted some decent WR, so lets wait 10 more for some CB/S.....Sorry, not in a good mood with this secondary!:gaah:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dennard(not sure what he has) and Ras both sitting, DMC has been at CB. I do not like the sound of that at all. These S are not a good group at all with out him back there. Wilson, Harmon, Gregory, Wilson, Ebner.....I mean WTF!! Prob should have looked at this more serious than drafting guys who should have either taken in the 5-7th rd or some who were suppose to UDFA....nope! I mean we only waited 10yrs before we drafted some decent WR, so lets wait 10 more for some CB/S.....Sorry, not in a good mood with this secondary!:gaah:
Well DMC played CB in college and his rookie year. He has the ability and might be good at the two spot with Aqib at the 1.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he did. This team is better when he is at S. Him not there weakens this Def, IMO. I hope Dennard looked bad in practice cause he was hurt....

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dennard has been hurt and hasnt played much.. Dmac is a back up cb but plays safety with the 1's could our CB's be better yes.. could they be healthy more.. of course.. I think they will be ok once the game planning gets underway.. ill hold off critical comments till the season starts other then tebow of course..

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an amazing safety, one of the best in the league. I still believe he can play CB - his sophomore year, I'm sorry, with the gaping freaking hole at safety behind him, no CB in the league is going to look good when he has to fix the screwups of a completely worthless safety behind him.

Dowling and Dennard spotted at practice yesterday, they're coming back, McCourty having positional flexibility is good news for us but I'm with you, I hope they've got a good 1-2-3 at CB so that McCourty can stay at safety.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have real good instincts to play corner IMO. He may have top athleticism but if you can't stay with a WR in his route you'll get burned, and we've seen enough of that. The best corners can mirror the moves of the receiver and he just doesn't have enough of that going on. When he played off of a receiver he'd be fooled into biting on a short fake or stutter step and get beaten deep because of it. It was dumb football IMO because you shouldn't put more emphasis on stopping the short pass so that you get beaten on a deep one. Even Pop Warner players know enough not to let the receiver get behind you. He had the speed to lay off a couple of yards and step up when the short pass was thrown but never looked comfortable doing it...IMO of course. He'd be a good corner if all he had to do is run straight downfield with the receiver.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a much better safety than corner. Belichick knows this, so I wouldn't worry.

Safeties have to man up on people sometimes too, you know.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a much better safety than corner. Belichick knows this, so I wouldn't worry.

Safeties have to man up on people sometimes too, you know.

They do? Do linebackers have to man up sometimes too? Help me out...

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great at CB rookie year, not so much in his second year. The difference, in my opinion, is the level of safety play behind him in the respective years. There were a lot of plays in his second year where he was the only capable defender on his entire side of the field, and I'm still convinced that he 'looked bad' more than a few times because he was the closest defender on a reception made to a guy who wasn't even supposed to be his assignment, because a safety went the wrong way.

I'm pretty sure they want to play him at safety right now either way though. He should be an absolutely elite safety this year, if last year's results for him personally at safety are any indication.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great at CB rookie year, not so much in his second year. The difference, in my opinion, is the level of safety play behind him in the respective years. There were a lot of plays in his second year where he was the only capable defender on his entire side of the field, and I'm still convinced that he 'looked bad' more than a few times because he was the closest defender on a reception made to a guy who wasn't even supposed to be his assignment, because a safety went the wrong way.

I'm pretty sure they want to play him at safety right now either way though. He should be an absolutely elite safety this year, if last year's results for him personally at safety are any indication.

The difference between McCourty's first and second year at corner was year one's game film. DC's toyed with him using double moves.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference was safety play.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been a little of both, but I'd be totally comfortable with him at CB this year if their safety position was locked down.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder if he's stout enough to handle the safety position. He's willing but he might not have the sand in his pants to handle it long term. As far as I know, he's still wearing a red no-contact jersey for "minor" off season shoulder surgery.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into the red jersey. They know he's locked in as a starter. There's nothing he needs to prove in the offseason. Even if the risks are slim, why risk it?

Same reason Mallett didn't go back out after getting hit in the head. He wasn't injured, there's just no reason to mess around.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if DMC has to play CB, then that means Dennard, Ras or Ryan is hurt or cannot handle the job. That means we have Gregory, Wilson or Harmon back there with the Hulk....not something I want to happen...

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People overrate McCourty's rookie year. Yes he had a lot of interceptions and somehow got enough votes to make the All-Pro team, but I seem to remember him getting beat often.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was more deserving than Brandon Meriweather. That was a joke.