• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DiPoto says the Mariners are buyers

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said per report that he isn't trading Cruz who has the most trade value on this team and is not a long term option obviously so not real sure what the plan is. Not sure Mariners do either.

I think his belief is that the team can contend this year, and next year. Cruz would be a key component of that.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his belief is that the team can contend this year, and next year. Cruz would be a key component of that.

Beliefs get you in trouble and keep you from improving. See Varitek and Lowe for Slocumb.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, we need to make a big statement and TRADE a bunch of players.

Dyson, Trade. Just TRADE him.
Seager, value is lower now, but some team will bite.
Cruz, value is high, but DH might limit value
Paxton, will get hurt again, possibly this year again. TRADE him.
Diaz, I'm all for trading him if and only if we get a huge haul, but I'd listen to offers.
Any other reliever, deal them but ONLY if we win the trade.

Cano and Felix, probably NOT tradeable, so I'm fine with keeping Robbie and Felix
Segura, NO.
You are putting too much stock in Diaz. He is nothing special. There are 30-40 guys who throw as fast as him. And 50-60 relievers with a lower ERA/WHIP. You are thinking he is still the guy we saw his first six weeks in the majors, but he isn't that guy anymore. The league hitters have figured him out.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are putting too much stock in Diaz. He is nothing special. There are 30-40 guys who throw as fast as him. And 50-60 relievers with a lower ERA/WHIP. You are thinking he is still the guy we saw his first six weeks in the majors, but he isn't that guy anymore. The league hitters have figured him out.

Damn you!!!!!