• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dipoto Gets Extension

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I figured that pro athletes always flew in and out of major airports, but obviously I'd have no idea. It's probably quicker to get through security and they don't have to deal with any delays unless of rain like you mentioned.

I feel bad for anyone involved in law enforcement in this area. This could be a presumptuous statement on my behalf, but with many liberals there is this feeling that they're out to get you. Some of the shit my friends from the area share on Facebook makes me think they perceive people who work in law enforcement as a modern day gestapo. It's not my field but everything I've read indicates that the city tends to either not prosecute those arrested or let them off on extremely lenient sentences. If I were a police officer I would just throw my hands up and wonder why the fuck I'm trying to enforce the law when the local judicial system will just throw these guys back on the streets.

That's an interesting thought on the price adjustment with tickets. You could be right. Although I believe Kaepernick isn't in the league because of the controversy and the fact that he's a 31 year old backup QB candidate who hasn't thrown a professional pass since 2016, there has been speculation it's collusion on behalf of the owners. I would just assume that the way to maximize revenue is to adjust ticket prices based on demand. Fans of a winning team won't bitch about the premium they pay to attend a game. Losing teams have lost so many fans that there really isn't the pressure to lower ticket prices. I'd say the biggest fans of the Mariners for example are those of us on here who post excessively about the team.

To be frank I used to fall for the bobblehead gimmick until I hit puberty. I always thought of it as a neat souvenir that could be worth something some day. Now whenever they have their gimmicky giveaways I don't bother taking them. The money they spend on that stupid shit could go elsewhere.

When it comes to getting millennials into baseball, it won't happen until the team starts winning. Most people I know who go to Mariners games can't name 5 players on the team and just go because it's a fun place to get drunk, get a nice picture for Instagram/Facebook before heading to the bars afterwards. Every time I've gone into The Penn it's always just a bunch of girls I knew from my frat days who are there to try to meet guys.

About law enforcement officers- Because of the lack of support from the judicial system and the Seattle City Council, Seattle is having difficulty retaining and hiring new police officers. It's no wonder because as you stated, the J system is not enforcing the laws and therefore the front line officers morale has been taking a big hit. Unfortunately, Seattle has become another shit hole West Coast city. It used to be an awesome city but that is not the case now.
About Baseball- My son, a budding millennial is not particularly interested in baseball anymore. He is the product of growing up when the Mariners have played like shit. He loves the Hawks but says baseball is "too slow". LOL

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I figured that pro athletes always flew in and out of major airports, but obviously I'd have no idea. It's probably quicker to get through security and they don't have to deal with any delays unless of rain like you mentioned.

I feel bad for anyone involved in law enforcement in this area. This could be a presumptuous statement on my behalf, but with many liberals there is this feeling that they're out to get you. Some of the shit my friends from the area share on Facebook makes me think they perceive people who work in law enforcement as a modern day gestapo. It's not my field but everything I've read indicates that the city tends to either not prosecute those arrested or let them off on extremely lenient sentences. If I were a police officer I would just throw my hands up and wonder why the fuck I'm trying to enforce the law when the local judicial system will just throw these guys back on the streets.

That's an interesting thought on the price adjustment with tickets. You could be right. Although I believe Kaepernick isn't in the league because of the controversy and the fact that he's a 31 year old backup QB candidate who hasn't thrown a professional pass since 2016, there has been speculation it's collusion on behalf of the owners. I would just assume that the way to maximize revenue is to adjust ticket prices based on demand. Fans of a winning team won't bitch about the premium they pay to attend a game. Losing teams have lost so many fans that there really isn't the pressure to lower ticket prices. I'd say the biggest fans of the Mariners for example are those of us on here who post excessively about the team.

To be frank I used to fall for the bobblehead gimmick until I hit puberty. I always thought of it as a neat souvenir that could be worth something some day. Now whenever they have their gimmicky giveaways I don't bother taking them. The money they spend on that stupid shit could go elsewhere.

When it comes to getting millennials into baseball, it won't happen until the team starts winning. Most people I know who go to Mariners games can't name 5 players on the team and just go because it's a fun place to get drunk, get a nice picture for Instagram/Facebook before heading to the bars afterwards. Every time I've gone into The Penn it's always just a bunch of girls I knew from my frat days who are there to try to meet guys.

I could totally be wrong with how other pro teams do it, I just know the main hub for the Seahawks and Mariners is Boeing Field and that’s where Obama landed when he came to the state and the Air Force dispatched guys from JBLM because there was a tourist plane who’s radio didn’t work or wasn’t turned on something, I can’t remember the whole story.

I can understand some people’s mistrust of LEO’s. But the problem, to me anyways, is only the .01% get coverage because they do terrible stuff, or shit a few have done what nearly anyone would do in that situation but they lump everyone together. My sister in law loves her job, but hates it at the same time but Tacoma PD is the only other force who pays anywhere near what Seattle does but it is still a massive pay cut and she would lose her Orca card so would have to drive to Tacoma and back everyday, which isn’t much better than Seattle.

There isn’t a doubt in my mind that Kaepernick was colluded against which is why the NFL settled with him instead of going to trial. I am not a fan of the dude but just because someone is a disgrace (IMO) he shouldn’t be locked out of the one profession he can make money, that is something that makes the USA different and is suppose to separate us. But I think collusion like that is an unspoken rule within ownership groups. Jerry Jones came out vocally against Goodell even though he and the other owners are his boss.

I have always said Safeco Field/the Pink became the Worlds largest Hipster bar a few years back when I went. Just in general I think baseball is in long term problem because they keep doing IMO dumb ideas to cater to that crowd which doesn’t care about the sport because of societal issues but that’s a different topic all together. You can’t placate to a base like that instead of people who love the sport. Baseball is two generations away from becoming a wealthier MLS IMO where it is a regionalized niche sport.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About law enforcement officers- Because of the lack of support from the judicial system and the Seattle City Council, Seattle is having difficulty retaining and hiring new police officers. It's no wonder because as you stated, the J system is not enforcing the laws and therefore the front line officers morale has been taking a big hit. Unfortunately, Seattle has become another shit hole West Coast city. It used to be an awesome city but that is not the case now.
About Baseball- My son, a budding millennial is not particularly interested in baseball anymore. He is the product of growing up when the Mariners have played like shit. He loves the Hawks but says baseball is "too slow". LOL

I definitely agree. If you haven't seen that Seattle Is Dying video, you should give it a look. The most alarming things I took away were the lack of support by the city and judicial system. I would never want to put my life on the line trying to enforce the law when I know it will all just be a waste of time. I don't know if local prosecutors are just overwhelmed and understaffed/underfunded or if it's just a policy of being soft. Without getting too academic, there are many in law who don't believe minor offenses should be seriously enforced even if they're multiple offenders. If they really want to be compassionate, instead of building housing for them where their addictions will be reinforced by others with addictions, they should enforce mandatory rehab policies for repeat offenders.

I've traveled a lot and I still believe Seattle is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but the homeless people ruin it. That beautiful park they're planning on building on the waterfront to replace the viaduct will become a new homeless camp and ruin any tourist attraction value IMO.

Baseball is a slow sport and I don't know many my age who bother following it like we do on here. I do believe the reason that there are so many home runs these past few years is because since MLB bought Rawlings - who produces the balls - they're trying to increase interest in the sport by having more home runs. Unfortunately I think that's the wrong approach.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see the Seattle is Dying video on komo 4. Painted an awful ugly picture of Seattle. My sister lives in Magnolia and dreads going downtown for ANY reason. She is totally disgusted with Seattle and the City Council. Not sure why they are not prosecuting violators. I can't believe it's because the prosecuting staff are overwhelmed though. With all the money Seattle pisses away on dumb shit stuff I'm thinking it's more that they are just ignoring some issues and I think that has much to do with the police quitting or moving to other cities. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think the Mayor is not doing a good job for Seattle. I don't think she has much of a priority for local businesses and doesn't get what the problems are in her city and what to do about them. I am in total agreement with you about how they should deal with the homeless/drug addiction problem and need to take action before it's too late to save that city.
Interesting take about the Rawlings' baseballs. I wasn't aware they were tweaking the balls for more HR's but it makes sense since the long ball seems to be happening more often and I don't think PED's are the only reason. (it doesn't appear that Vogelbach is using...LOL). Something needs to happen with baseball because the technology and/or rule changes they have been adopting don't appear to be doing the trick. Pro ball players are getting far too much on their contracts and the consequential ticket prices are not family friendly and have caused many potential stadium visitors to take a bye. Tacoma Rainier games are actually reasonably priced and the games really are enjoyable. Just my take on things is all. :D