• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did your team make the Blue Blood list?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to talk Women's VB, then I'll show your school the respect it deserves, but otherwise, in cbb UMn has you beat, right now, in the recent past, and all-time it's not even close. In football, well, all-time it's not as close as you think, and recently, well, let me know when you become relevant again, because right now, you aren't. Just saying.

Any truth to this @Blackshirts BLVD ????

Instigator eh? lol

@fredsdeadfriend you want to take anything back?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, we had a thread started in our honor by this guy.
I’m just returning the favor. (Sorta)

Oh, he was the one who started that thread, eh? lol I've always liked Nebraska, well, except during the 70s when they would run over us 72-7 and shit, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend you want to take anything back?

Take anything back? No. But I will explain what I meant by it's not as close as you think in all-time cfb. Just meant that our past accomplishments were so significant, though many may not realize it, despite 50 years of almost total irrelevance, UMn still sits pretty well when it comes to football accomplishments overall. I mean, we do still have almost a 3-2 advantage over NU in the head to head, don't we? lol

But damn dude, your boys didn't have to embarrass UMh so badly back in the 70s and 80s, did you? lol Those were some of the worst thrashings in Gopher fb history, in fact I'm sure they were the worst EVER.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take anything back? No. But I will explain what I meant by it's not as close as you think in all-time cfb. Just meant that our past accomplishments were so significant, though many may not realize it, despite 50 years of almost total irrelevance, UMn still sits pretty well when it comes to football accomplishments overall. I mean, we do still have almost a 3-2 advantage over NU in the head to head, don't we? lol

But damn dude, your boys didn't have to embarrass UMh so badly back in the 70s and 80s, did you? lol Those were some of the worst thrashings in Gopher fb history, in fact I'm sure they were the worst EVER.

EVERYONE EVERYONE

We are making progress!!!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE EVERYONE

We are making progress!!!!!

Dude, we were SO FAR AHEAD OF YOU, that you needed 100 years to catch up. But we only gave you 50, so now too bad, so sad for you, we are back and that sucks for you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-2. Soph heavy roster. Yeah, lol, we were NOT a one hit wonder, we are here to stay!!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, we were SO FAR AHEAD OF YOU, that you needed 100 years to catch up. But we only gave you 50, so now too bad, so sad for you, we are back and that sucks for you.

You have been totally irrelevant for the last 50 years as you mentioned. (Although it’s been 60)

There’s not many that remember the 60’s. As mentioned before also congratulations to the Spanish Armada for their domination of the sea’s. That still doesn’t make them relevant today.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been totally irrelevant for the last 50 years as you mentioned. (Although it’s been 60)

There’s not many that remember the 60’s. As mentioned before also congratulations to the Spanish Armada for their domination of the sea’s. That still doesn’t make them relevant today.

Totally irrelevant eh? Tell that to #1 ranked Michigan in 1977. Tell that to #2 PSU in 1999. UMn transistioned, from a program the admin didn't care about, to one the admin DID care about. Built a new stadium, then a Practice Facility and Student Village, upped it's coaching and recruiting budget and then won 11 games. I'd say we are plenty relevant.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But damn dude, your boys didn't have to embarrass so back in the 70s and 80s, did you? lol Those were some of the worst thrashings in Gopher fb history, in fact I'm sure they were the worst EVER.

Man, I was really starting to think highly of you to... then you go and act like a 'Michigan-fan'.

May not realize it because there is nothing to realize.

I typed a really long response here, but deleted it because I can't even be mad. It had all these gopher references, it would have been hilarious, but I couldn't go through with it and be happy with myself. Picking on the weak is not something I'm into. You're like that special ed kid that just wants to be cool. I feel ya dawg, but this graphic says it all.

nebraska vs minnesota.png

At least with Michigan, I have to explain away shit so people can see how fake of a blue blood they are... with Minnesota, no one thinks that so I don't even need to do that.

But on the bright side, you guys will always have the era of the Great Depression:thumb:.

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in ALL THAT TIME, WVU did almost nothing to make themselves relevant in our absence. Ouch.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally irrelevant eh? Tell that to #1 ranked Michigan in 1977. Tell that to #2 PSU in 1999. UMn transistioned, from a program the admin didn't care about, to one the admin DID care about. Built a new stadium, then a Practice Facility and Student Village, upped it's coaching and recruiting budget and then won 11 games. I'd say we are plenty relevant.

You are the one that stated that.

You won 11 games for the first time since 8 years before the titanic set sail.

Funny fact I was actually at that PSU game in 99 and the one in 97 where y’all should have won.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in ALL THAT TIME, WVU did almost nothing to make themselves relevant in our absence. Ouch.

I don’t totally disagree, I just know WVU as a whole is waaaaay more relevant than MinnyU in football or basketball the last 60 years.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I was really starting to think highly of you to... then you go and act like 'Michigan-fan'.

May not realize it because there is nothing to realize.

I typed a really long response here, but deleted it because I can't even be mad. You're like that special ed kid that just wants to be cool. I feel ya dawg, but this graphic says it all.

View attachment 231673

At least with Michigan, I have to explain away shit so people can see how fake of a blue blood they are... with Minnesota, no one thinks that so I don't even need to do that.

But on the bright side, you guys will always have the era of the Great Depression:thumb:.

Well, that is a valiant effort, I must say, but that graphic ignores too many things. Relevant things.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@MAIZEandBLUE09 - hey you got beat by a totally irrelevant Minnesota team in 1977.

P.S. Michigan sucks.

Now who here is a Penn St fan, I'll let them know too... Hell, I'll go a step further and remind them that they can't touch the 94 title either.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that stated that.

You won 11 games for the first time since 8 years before the titanic set sail.

Funny fact I was actually at that PSU game in 99 and the one in 97 where y’all should have won.

Yeah, that 97 game sucked, lol Even Paterno went into the Gopher locker room and admitted to the players that they got robbed in that game! Always respected him for that. Too bad how we ended his career. Not sure how to think about all that.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like how the University of Minnesota single-handedly stopped Hitler, right?

nb4 @fredsdeadfriend

source.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like how the University of Minnesota single-handedly stopped Hitler, right?

Well, I never said it was the Univ of Minnesota alone. I said it was the STATE of Minnesota, and the Univ of Minnesota, that single handily beat Hitler and the Japs!!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that 97 game sucked, lol Even Paterno went into the Gopher locker room and admitted to the players that they got robbed in that game! Always respected him for that. Too bad how we ended his career. Not sure how to think about all that.

My mother was an alum. She worshipped him. It can be sickening with penn staters sometimes.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I never said it was the Univ of Minnesota alone. I said it was the STATE of Minnesota, and the Univ of Minnesota, that single handily beat Hitler and the Japs!!!

The only way Minnesota helped to defeat Hitler was by showing him their plans in football.

Both went down in flames.