• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did this board Proclaim Kap>luck last year?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt here I sure know the ESPN boards did

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about "the board", but there is this one guy who posts here a lot who did. Can't quite place the guy but I'm sure he'll show up soon enough.

Kaeptain Kaengaroo looks lost this year that's for sure. I was never sold on him. He probably would be a great tight end if he can catch. He's fast as hell and fairly elusive when he gets in the open. The Niner's bet the ranch on him so I think they are going to be stuck with him for a while. Harbaugh will be stubborn and he'll resist admitting that he may have made the wrong choice when he traded a QB away.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A few did, but I thought that was knee-jerky and stupid (even in the playoffs last season). Kaepernick is no Andrew Luck. Luck is a rare specimen.

The fact is last year Kaepernick had one of the best supporting casts in football. Best OL in football, great running game, Crabtree & Vernon... That's more than 90% of the league had. Now that Vernon's been injured a bit and Crabtree's been out we're seeing that he's not this phenom he was cracked up to be. He can still be a good QB with time, but I don't think he'll ever be a HOF caliber guy like I think Luck will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few did, but I thought that was knee-jerky and stupid (even in the playoffs last season). Kaepernick is no Andrew Luck. Luck is a rare specimen.

The fact is last year Kaepernick had one of the best supporting casts in football. Best OL in football, great running game, Crabtree & Vernon... That's more than 90% of the league had. Now that Vernon's been injured a bit and Crabtree's been out we're seeing that he's not this phenom he was cracked up to be. He can still be a good QB with time, but I don't think he'll ever be a HOF caliber guy like I think Luck will be.

fair assessment.

I just laughed hard when people proclaimed this last year.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cam Newton
2. Andrew Luck
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Russell Wilson
5. E.J. Manuel
6. Robert Griffin III
7. Colin Kaepernick
8. Gino smith
9. Andy Dalton
10. Terrelle Pryor

That's my young crop rankings.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cam Newton
2. Andrew Luck
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Russell Wilson
5. E.J. Manuel
6. Robert Griffin III
7. Colin Kaepernick
8. Gino smith
9. Andy Dalton
10. Terrelle Pryor

That's my young crop rankings.
No Stafford? Hmmmm....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really newton over luck?

Reminds me of a poster over at SeeBS whom proclaimed Newton the best QB in the NFL and anyone who disagreed was a racist and he also said that Peyton Manning was an average to below-average quarterback simply because he was white and anyone who disagreed was a racist.

He was fun to mess with.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of a poster over at SeeBS whom proclaimed Newton the best QB in the NFL and anyone who disagreed was a racist and he also said that Peyton Manning was an average to below-average quarterback simply because he was white and anyone who disagreed was a racist.

He was fun to mess with.

Newton is the best I've been saying it for years. I think luck will have a more impressive career but I think can is the prototypical quarterback of the future. He's like 6'5 or 6'6, fast, cannon arm. Luck is an athlete too but can is a freak.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is 24, Tannehill is 25, Luck is 24, Dalton is 26, Wilson is 24, Kaep is 26.

Stafford is 25. Yeah, huge age difference.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was fun to mess with.

White guys dominate the QB position, like it or not, Whites are just better at that position.

And that's not being racist, that's just stating the facts. Just like Blacks are better in the NBA than Whites. Is that racist? No. That's just stating the fact.

It's simple, Kaepernick or Newton will never be as good as Luck or Stafford. Just like Gordon Hayward will never be LeBron James.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was BS that Luck didn't get rookie of the year.
RGIII had all the media SportsHoopla with his running & such & was a decent passer. But Luck took over the absolute worst team in the NFL & won more games with the lesser team than the Skins. Always felt like the media took the ROTY away from luck.

Glad to see him back up my thoughts this year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII had all the media SportsHoopla with his running & such & was a decent passer. But Luck took over the absolute worst team in the NFL & won more games with the lesser team than the Skins. Always felt like the media took the ROTY away from luck.

I have a simple explanation for Luck being robbed, but I won't go into detail.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that there was a QB with a worse supporting cast whose numbers put Luck to shame. And he is once again outplaying Luck this year, despite having an even more beat-up offense. And he wins more than Luck.

But yes, Luck was robbed despite having a QB Rating that was 25 points lower.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is nobody on the redskins. Nobody.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me be even more explicit: If you think a guy who completed 54% of passes, had only 23 TDs to 27 Turnovers, and had less than 7 YPA deserved rookie of the year, you are foolish. It's really indefensible. It's like arguing that Robert Horry is the best NBA player of the last 30 years.