• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did I miss anything this weekend?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been there many times Mark. It sucks.

Yeah, but....we're OU. This type of thing doesn't happen to us.

There have only been 2-3 years since I've been alive (47 years) that we weren't .500 or better.

We're talking a current systemic problem with the program. You'll get differing opinions about the root of the issue, ala texico on their downward slide...IT'S THE COACHES, IT'S THE PLAYERS, IT'S THE RECRUITING, IT'S THE TURF.

This is very serious business in OU land. I'm talking about torch-passing shit going on here.

To have shown so much promise and upside in the latter half of the season last year, it's almost like we're regressing...or everyone else has surpassed us.

I've heard people bitch that Bob/Boren are expecting too much of the student and not enough of the athlete. I've read that our recruiting took a nosedive prior to Kittle/Shipp getting the boot, and the advent of the ESPN/SEC marriage has further encroached on those players that we used to get.

I don't know, all I know is that I don't like it...the majority of fans have turned the corner on the current football administration...and many boosters aren't far behind.

I'm all about Bob Stoops, I love the man and his principled approach...but money talks and bullshit walks. Look what happened to Gary Gibbs.

If we drop any of the remaining 3 games, there will be bloodletting of some measure.

/rant