• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez victim of rookie hazing

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've hazed and been hazed. In general, the problem I've seen is that some people want to "give worse than they got" and eventually someone gets hurt or gazing goes too far.

Aside from that, I'm hoping Dez has a monster season.
:suds:You don't post much, but when you do you usually say something good.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the best reason anyone can come up with for why Dez was wrong is "that's the way it has always been", then I know I am in the right to not criticize him for going against the grain.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one new to a job gets the Shit jobs & work their way up. If it makes you feel better Colors look at it as doing the shit job for a 1st round pick. Carrying pads & getting water as his job.
Spin it however you want. Him being butthurt & refusing to do it is more about Where he was mentally. Not the team abusing him.
Part of the point of that process is to show a 1st round pick they are not all that & a bag of chips & aren't above the team (as Jarntt pointed out) yet Dez obviously thought differently. He wasn't forced to carry the pads just like he wasn't forced to pay the dinner bill. His pride had him paying for dinner rather than carrying pads. It was his choice where he joked around about it afterwards.
However again showing where he is mentally. The prima donna now reports that he was a victim of hazing so he can be an attention whore.

Those on here acting like he was being abused because he was the new guy, & being asked to carry a vets pads is simply ridiculous. OHHHHHHH the Horror!!!!!!!! :gaah:

What? a team makes a player stand in front of the team & sing their college teams song. We need to start stripping draft picks from these teams. Quit victimizing these poor players.

Then your job and coworkers suck.

I don't agree with his victim mentality, but I also don't agree with anyone saying he should have carried the pads just because that is the way it was always done.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shoulda carried the pads because it's harmless and people will make a huge deal outta it 3 years later.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shoulda carried the pads because it's harmless and people will make a huge deal outta it 3 years later.

If he was interested in just furthering the issue and not making waves, you are correct. Out of self interest, he should have just done it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then your job and coworkers suck.

I don't agree with his victim mentality, but I also don't agree with anyone saying he should have carried the pads just because that is the way it was always done.

that is the thing. Don't think anyone would have cared one way or the other by now, but the fact he is playing the victim card now I think is what is annoying.