• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez victim of rookie hazing

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez was a better player than Williams as soon as he walked onto the field,even as a rookie. He should not have had to carry anyones pads.

Ah Bullshit. If the tradition is to get the headcoach water & carry a vets pads, then don't be a sniveling bitch & just do it. I don't care if it was the punter telling him to carry his pads. A vet is a vet.
As far as the dinner. I find it funny after it happened he was laughing & joking about what happened, & now to get attention he crys victim. Piggy backing off the dolphins fiasco.

Who ever said he is a prima donna hit the nail right on the head.

I am sure carrying a vets pads will scar you for life.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah Bullshit. If the tradition is to get the headcoach water & carry a vets pads, then don't be a sniveling bitch & just do it. I don't care if it was the punter telling him to carry his pads. A vet is a vet.
As far as the dinner. I find it funny after it happened he was laughing & joking about what happened, & now to get attention he crys victim. Piggy backing off the dolphins fiasco.

Who ever said he is a prima donna hit the nail right on the head.

I am sure carrying a vets pads will scar you for life.

Exactly. Like I said. Just STFU and do it. It's not a big deal and it shows you don't think you are bigger than the team. Why Roy Williams talent is even bieing mentioned is perplexing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not a big deal, then why get onto him for not doing it? It is a big deal, he isn't there to screw around and carry the pads of some prick on an ego trip. Could he have done it? Sure, and avoided a lot of scrutiny. But I'm not gonna sit here and judge him for telling some punk to piss off when told to carry pads.

Dez was already carrying his own pads and gear, so tell me what you guys saying "it's no big deal just do it" would say if he does carry the extra gear and ends up somehow hurting himself? Say he trips and busts a shoulder, then what? Goes back to the old adage of show up and do your job. If you want to screw around and play games, go for it. If you don't, then get off his back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not a big deal, then why get onto him for not doing it? It is a big deal, he isn't there to screw around and carry the pads of some prick on an ego trip. Could he have done it? Sure, and avoided a lot of scrutiny. But I'm not gonna sit here and judge him for telling some punk to piss off when told to carry pads.

Dez was already carrying his own pads and gear, so tell me what you guys saying "it's no big deal just do it" would say if he does carry the extra gear and ends up somehow hurting himself? Say he trips and busts a shoulder, then what? Goes back to the old adage of show up and do your job. If you want to screw around and play games, go for it. If you don't, then get off his back.

Seriously? Did you just really going that route? A little over dramatic, no?

I know we all come from different backgrounds, but I often wonder how much time a lot of people here actually spent on a team. There is hazing of some sort in every locker room and every team even if it isn't organized to the point of having a locker room and it's not always coming from the best players. Carrying a guys pads is NOTHING. It's not difficult and you just do it because everyone else before you did it. Again, it shows you don't think you are bigger than the team and the guys who refuse are usually the ones that have attitude problems. So yeah, if Dez was bringing water out to Parcells and broke his leg because he fell there would be some explaining to do, but maybe Dez learning a lesson in humility would have been worth the "risk"...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With respect to everyone's opinion on locker room Hazing IMHO it has NO PLACE IN THE LOCKER ROOM at all. It does nothing to help build teamwork or show character of the individual that is being Hazed. And the tired old adage of everyone else did it is pure BS. Just because you had to endure the mindless asinine pranks of childish veterans you want to make sure the next crop of rookies has to endure the same stupid stuff?

It is old school thinking that that is outdated and needs to be left in the dustbin of History. An individual may or may not submit to this kind of abuse at the hands of his so called peers depending on how badly he wants to be accepted. I applaud the young men and women who say No more to this way of thinking. How is someone supposed to bond with their peers, when the peers have relentlessly teased, harassed and embarrassed an individual for weeks just so they can belong ? And to what end they already belonged the moment they were hired, Drafted or joined X organization.

Character and hard work bind people together always have always will.

Ask yourself this 1 question.

Would you want your Son or Daughter to needlessly have to endure any type of hazing just because it was tradition ?

Carrying a set of shoulder pads is not a big deal but the ability to say no should not be either.

JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As average as Ole Roy was, Im on the side that says Dez should have carried his pads. A lot of players came before Dez and did the same thing if not worse. A kid that already had a microscope on him should have done whatever reasonable was asked of him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With respect to everyone's opinion on locker room Hazing IMHO it has NO PLACE IN THE LOCKER ROOM at all. It does nothing to help build teamwork or show character of the individual that is being Hazed. And the tired old adage of everyone else did it is pure BS. Just because you had to endure the mindless asinine pranks of childish veterans you want to make sure the next crop of rookies has to endure the same stupid stuff?

It is old school thinking that that is outdated and needs to be left in the dustbin of History. An individual may or may not submit to this kind of abuse at the hands of his so called peers depending on how badly he wants to be accepted. I applaud the young men and women who say No more to this way of thinking. How is someone supposed to bond with their peers, when the peers have relentlessly teased, harassed and embarrassed an individual for weeks just so they can belong ? And to what end they already belonged the moment they were hired, Drafted or joined X organization.

Would you want your Son or Daughter to needlessly have to endure any type of hazing just because it was tradition ?

Carrying a set of shoulder pads is not a big deal but the ability to say no should not be either.

JMHO

I get what you are saying, but truthfully what if Miles would have been the one telling Dez to carry his pads or Witten. Does he tell them no??? The reason Dez was drafted by the Cowboys may have been because Roy was average. Show some respect to the ones that have come before you. If my sons follow the same route I did, Im sure they will be put through some kind of hazing and I have no problem with that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colors...you too are making this a way bigger issue than it is. We aren't talking about Incognito shit here. We are talking about innocent pranks or carrying a guys pads or getting the HC water during a time out. You guys describe it like they are forcing them to bend over in the shower or something...

I'll say that the BS like JPP did to Prince is wrong because someone could get hurt and it did seem more cruel than innocent. I guess I just am not the type of person to lump everything together like it's all the same. The intent and the degree is a big part of right and wrong and eventually because some don't know where the line is, even the innocent thigns like getting a HC water will certainly be outlawed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"making this a way bigger issue than it is"

I think this entire thread toddlers on giving a non story life.
Must be the offseason

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colors...you too are making this a way bigger issue than it is. We aren't talking about Incognito shit here. We are talking about innocent pranks or carrying a guys pads or getting the HC water during a time out. You guys describe it like they are forcing them to bend over in the shower or something...

I'll say that the BS like JPP did to Prince is wrong because someone could get hurt and it did seem more cruel than innocent. I guess I just am not the type of person to lump everything together like it's all the same. The intent and the degree is a big part of right and wrong and eventually because some don't know where the line is, even the innocent thigns like getting a HC water will certainly be outlawed.

I understand what your saying. And maybe I am making a bigger deal than it should be because of my experience with this and I am completely against it. In high school it was the seniors job to haze the sophomores on the Football team with all kinds of fun n games stuff things like swirlies with whizz in the toilet. Not sanctioned by the coaches or the school but they let it go on.

Happened to me and I got even with the assholes in other ways. All fun and games right ? Until my best friend got his arm broke trying to fight off 7 guys trying to do it to him his arm was never the same because of the way it was fractured backwards at the elbow. At 16 his life changed because of a BS Tradition!

My experience is why I feel the way I do. Hazing of any kind is unacceptable.

JMHO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your saying. And maybe I am making a bigger deal than it should be because of my experience with this and I am completely against it. In high school it was the seniors job to haze the sophomores on the Football team with all kinds of fun n games stuff things like swirlies with whizz in the toilet. Not sanctioned by the coaches or the school but they let it go on.

Happened to me and I got even with the assholes in other ways. All fun and games right ? Until my best friend got his arm broke trying to fight off 7 guys trying to do it to him his arm was never the same because of the way it was fractured backwards at the elbow. At 16 his life changed because of a BS Tradition!

JMHO

Now that crosses the line

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMHO

I see no problem with hazing. I was hazed along with almost every other young airman when I got to my 1st assignment out of Tech School. The hazing was the flights way of saying you are accepted as part of the unit. Hazing is mostly about acceptance, yes some are hazed out of hatred but this is not the norm.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMHO

See that's exactly my point. Don't condemn getting someone water or asking someone to carry pads because someone else took it to far.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your saying but for ME respectfully its unacceptable based on my life experience.
Nobody should have to go through that and it all started with just a little fun!

And I'm done on the subject

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one new to a job gets the Shit jobs & work their way up. If it makes you feel better Colors look at it as doing the shit job for a 1st round pick. Carrying pads & getting water as his job.
Spin it however you want. Him being butthurt & refusing to do it is more about Where he was mentally. Not the team abusing him.
Part of the point of that process is to show a 1st round pick they are not all that & a bag of chips & aren't above the team (as Jarntt pointed out) yet Dez obviously thought differently. He wasn't forced to carry the pads just like he wasn't forced to pay the dinner bill. His pride had him paying for dinner rather than carrying pads. It was his choice where he joked around about it afterwards.
However again showing where he is mentally. The prima donna now reports that he was a victim of hazing so he can be an attention whore.

Those on here acting like he was being abused because he was the new guy, & being asked to carry a vets pads is simply ridiculous. OHHHHHHH the Horror!!!!!!!! :gaah:

What? a team makes a player stand in front of the team & sing their college teams song. We need to start stripping draft picks from these teams. Quit victimizing these poor players.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a victim millionaire .....

cry me a fucking river

He already said he wants top 5 money .... and I HOPE we cant afford him .....

Id be the happiest Cowboys fan in the world .... if this piece of shit was on a different team

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually ... Ill go one step farther ....

Dez signs ... he is on a bad team anyway ... with a coaching change coming ...

He will be the modern day Owens ... demand stats over wins ..

by the time we build this defense up to superbowl standards.... his contract will be coming up AGAIN ... and he will pull a TO in Philly ... holding the team hostage

Thats what I see in Dez ..... and I see no team winning a superbowl with him on the roster

Tag and TRADE

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've hazed and been hazed. In general, the problem I've seen is that some people want to "give worse than they got" and eventually someone gets hurt or gazing goes too far.

Aside from that, I'm hoping Dez has a monster season.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your saying but for ME respectfully its unacceptable based on my life experience.
Nobody should have to go through that and it all started with just a little fun!

And I'm done on the subject

:agree:
Being a Marine Corps Veteran and a Firefighter I think Iv'e experienced some hazing in my life lol. Some "funny" some not so funny and just down right inappropriate. I'm kind of usually an in the middle guy on most matters. This one is no different for me. Me personally I don't have a problem with hazing if the relationship between both parties is right and has been established, but there should still be boundaries. What happened to Dez I wouldn't consider bad hazing but I still think it was wrong because if the guy receiving the hazing can't tolerate it for what ever reason it goes from hazing to harassment to simple assault or possibly manslaughter ( for example the college students in the school in Florida that have actually killed other band members and the many other horror stories).

The fact is this is a new day and age the things that we didn't yester year will not always be accepted by this generation so we have to adjust. Just because we did things a certain way growing up doesn't mean it's right....I remember a time in the early 80's here in Texas when it wasn't illegal to drink and drive; times have changed.

As far as Dez goes Pay the man!