• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez victim of rookie hazing

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant forced to pay $55K dinner as a rookie | FOX Sports on MSN

this is BS.
It wasn't kept in house, I remember talking about it in the office. I also remember Troy Aikman talking about it on TV during one of his games. They weren't talking about the hazing part, but how it was in poor taste for the Cowboys to brag about it with the economy in such a poor state. Went on with how will fans feel bad for players trying to get more money from owners when they talk about spending over 50k on dinner.

This isn't some dirty secret that just got uncovered. it has been known since it happened. Articles like this is a joke.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, this is old news, but why get upset about it? Its nothing but off season fodder.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, this is old news, but why get upset about it? Its nothing but off season fodder.

well wouldn't say I am upset. Just calling BS.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if this happened before or after the hazing of players asking him to carry their pads back to the locker room. If this 55,000 dollar happened before the pad issue I completely side with Dez. I aint carrying shit after you cornered me into a $55,000 dinner.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if this happened before or after the hazing of players asking him to carry their pads back to the locker room. If this 55,000 dollar happened before the pad issue I completely side with Dez. I aint carrying shit after you cornered me into a $55,000 dinner.

It happened after but no one really knows if Bryant even paid it on his own.

I wouldn't have carried pads or paid for dinners if I was Dez Bryant. It's not like a team would cut a first round pick over something like that and he was every bit the professional athlete anyone else was on that roster. I wouldn't want to do it if I was a late round pick either but unfortunately those guys have to kind of do whatever it takes to make a roster.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Screw you man! I bought you a 50k dinner, carry yo own shit! - Dez

I'd say the same thing.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez refused to carry pads before the dinner thing.
I remember 1st round picks having to bring Parcells water
Carry Veterans pads & Dez was above that.
He chose to go the dinner route

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His rookie contract was for five years and $11.8 million, with $8.3 million guaranteed. He received $2.5 million out of the gate just for signing the contract.

If this is hazing, sign me up.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens with most every team. Now since the Incognito issue it may stop. Keith Bullock, ex Titan/Giant, does a radio show here in Nashville and brings up how his defense ran up a bill on Pac Man Jones one year. It was some ridiculous amount as well.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dez is a grown man, no one can make him do anything he doesn't want to. The carrying pad's doesn't sound like a biggie, but the $55,000, I'd have told them to hug a nut. Now if Dez refused to carry pads, I hope he is at least man enough to carry his own now and not pass it down to the rookies

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not carrying the pads was the first post draft sign that Dez was going to be a Prima Donna with ongoing issues. Just shut the Fuck up and do it. It's only a big deal once you refuse to do it. Other guys got taped to the goal post and had shaving cream sprayed all over them. You can't carry someone's pads?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dinner happened after the Roy Williams pad incident. Dez was in the right, but ended up paying for a huge dinner to get everyone to shut up about it.

I don't agree that it means he was a primadonna. He said as much when he told Roy to get lost. Roy Williams did NOTHING to deserve to have his pads carried, and Dez said that and "I'm here to play football, not carry your pads". Had it been Romo asking Dez to carry his pads, I wonder if Dez still would have said no. But when some veteran who hasn't done anything since college starts trying to be a billy-badass...get bent.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dinner happened after the Roy Williams pad incident. Dez was in the right, but ended up paying for a huge dinner to get everyone to shut up about it.

I don't agree that it means he was a primadonna. He said as much when he told Roy to get lost. Roy Williams did NOTHING to deserve to have his pads carried, and Dez said that and "I'm here to play football, not carry your pads". Had it been Romo asking Dez to carry his pads, I wonder if Dez still would have said no. But when some veteran who hasn't done anything since college starts trying to be a billy-badass...get bent.

Why does his talent level come into play? If that is what's been going on for years, just carry the pads even if it's a STs player. It's just like joining a frat

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmitt Smith as a rookie used to carry Tommy Agee's luggage. Agee was a backup FB and a decent ST player. Wow- back up FB- dont hear that one much anymore if at all

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does his talent level come into play? If that is what's been going on for years, just carry the pads even if it's a STs player. It's just like joining a frat

It's nothing like joining a frat. A frat you pay to play. This is like joining a company. Unless I'm hired as the admin I'm not getting any fellow employee coffee or carrying his stuff unless it is my idea. I really don't take shit from the guy I've been hired to replace.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmitt Smith as a rookie used to carry Tommy Agee's luggage. Agee was a backup FB and a decent ST player. Wow- back up FB- dont hear that one much anymore if at all

Good for Emmitt for playing the game. If he would have said no, then the team likely would have kept it in house. They wouldn't have Roy Williams overrated ass running to the media to tattle.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course we will never know but I wonder if the fact it was a WR telling him to carry his pads is why Dez refused. He's fighting for aWR spot and his competition tries to degrade him?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we will never know but I wonder if the fact it was a WR telling him to carry his pads is why Dez refused. He's fighting for aWR spot and his competition tries to degrade him?

Maybe. Or being an Oklahoma guy he might have watched Dallas games and knew Roy wasn't the future of the team and likely gone as soon as Dez knows the routes...which he was intent on learning and not carrying the pads of a college-level talent WR.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nothing like joining a frat. A frat you pay to play. This is like joining a company. Unless I'm hired as the admin I'm not getting any fellow employee coffee or carrying his stuff unless it is my idea. I really don't take shit from the guy I've been hired to replace.

Dez was a better player than Williams as soon as he walked onto the field,even as a rookie. He should not have had to carry anyones pads.