• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez threatens hold out

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez wants his signing bonus and guaranteed money in my opinion. I don't blame him one bit. He also knows that there is a chance(though somewhat smaller) that he gets tagged again next year. Just effing pay him his 15 million signing bonus and 30 mill guaranteed and lets get this party started.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is a concern. Dez clearly loves football, he has always come to work and practiced and played the game hard. I can't see a hyper competitive guy like Dez just mailing it in on the field.

I agree, I don't think it's his style. He seems too fired up and emotional to just go into cruise control.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez wants his signing bonus and guaranteed money in my opinion. I don't blame him one bit. He also knows that there is a chance(though somewhat smaller) that he gets tagged again next year. Just effing pay him his 15 million signing bonus and 30 mill guaranteed and lets get this party started.
I wish it was just 30M.....shoot, he'll make 28M the next two years under the tag and then hit the open market. That is far and away the max money IF that's what he seeks.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is a concern. Dez clearly loves football, he has always come to work and practiced and played the game hard. I can't see a hyper competitive guy like Dez just mailing it in on the field.

That is an important distinction. The issues with Dez are outside of a football stadium. With the exception of 1 or 2 incidents on the field, he has been a dedicated guy, good attitude with a surprising patience about getting the ball.
(relative to what people were expecting.)

People were dying to make a big deal about his sideline tirades. But when we heard the recordings of what he was actually saying ...it turns out he was just an angry version of Tony Robbins.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an important distinction. The issues with Dez are outside of a football stadium. With the exception of 1 or 2 incidents on the field, he has been a dedicated guy, good attitude with a surprising patience about getting the ball.
(relative to what people were expecting.)

People were dying to make a big deal about his sideline tirades. But when we heard the recordings of what he was actually saying ...it turns out he was just an angry version of Tony Robbins.

I didn't hear the recording from when he went onto the field in the playoffs and could have drawn a devastating 15 yard penalty.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Dallas is playing the Dez situation perfectly to this point. Speaks volumes to all the Cap Hell threads the last two seasons when the team can absorb the 12.8M F-tag hit in 2015.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear the recording from when he went onto the field in the playoffs and could have drawn a devastating 15 yard penalty.
AMEN TO THIS....think of the off season threads had that been called and Dallas was one & done again

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not the only thing your not hearing.

There will be a time when the NFL has receivers that are models of professional sports who are not ruled by their emotions. When that happens I will contact you using the force. It should be a real thing by then.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the only thing your not hearing.

There will be a time when the NFL has receivers that are models of professional sports who are not ruled by their emotions. When that happens I will contact you using the force. It should be a real thing by then.

I'm gonna need a few minutes to read that 3 or 4 times because I'm not sure what to make of it...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna need a few minutes to read that 3 or 4 times because I'm not sure what to make of it...

When you missed "With the exception of 1 or 2 incidents on the field" I decided to go in another direction.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to quit effen around jerrah and get dez signed. Set aside for hardy as well

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying a WR huge dollars is stupid. Megatron and Fitz are making huge dollars and aren't worth it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to quit effen around jerrah and get dez signed. Set aside for hardy as well
I heard Stephen today, and I don't think the Cowboys are going to blink. If Dez wants to sit out, it's $800,000 a game. Stephen talked about the Megatron and Fitz deals being based on the old rookie scale, and they aren't going to budge. If Dez doesn't come down to $12-13 million a year for a longterm deal, he's looking at another tag next season as well

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Stephen today, and I don't think the Cowboys are going to blink. If Dez wants to sit out, it's $800,000 a game. Stephen talked about the Megatron and Fitz deals being based on the old rookie scale, and they aren't going to budge. If Dez doesn't come down to $12-13 million a year for a longterm deal, he's looking at another tag next season as well
correct....zero leverage unless he wants to sit 10 games, come back and get credit for the season
$800K X 10 = ouch

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I could retire on that money. Ill be first in line at the donation window Dez

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying a WR huge dollars is stupid. Megatron and Fitz are making huge dollars and aren't worth it.

I tend to agree that WRs are out earning their importance to winning. Calvin is just a special case. When healthy he just cannot be stopped. Fitz, on the other hand, has been one of the most overrated players for a few years now. I just don't understand why over the last 5 or so years people keep bringing him up as one of the best players. Paying him has indeed been a huge problem to the talent on the rest of the roster in AZ.

So if we give Dez the contract he is going to get we will be overpaying him, but at the same time if we let him go and sign a replacement we will just have to overpay that guy. The market for RBs seems to have adjusted and it will happen with WR soon too IMO. Until then you need to pay the going rate for a stud WR and Dez is indeed that...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree that WRs are out earning their importance to winning. Calvin is just a special case. When healthy he just cannot be stopped. Fitz, on the other hand, has been one of the most overrated players for a few years now. I just don't understand why over the last 5 or so years people keep bringing him up as one of the best players. Paying him has indeed been a huge problem to the talent on the rest of the roster in AZ.

So if we give Dez the contract he is going to get we will be overpaying him, but at the same time if we let him go and sign a replacement we will just have to overpay that guy. The market for RBs seems to have adjusted and it will happen with WR soon too IMO. Until then you need to pay the going rate for a stud WR and Dez is indeed that...

At the beginning of the season I was part of the camp that believed the production difference between a good and a great receiver proved spending big was foolish.

But by the end of the season Dez gave me serious doubts being in that camp.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think for a second he is going to leave $800K on the table. If the Cowboys letting Murray go to the Eagles did anything, it should show players that the days of the Jerry Jones open checkbook approach to the salary cap is over. Worst case scenario, the Cowboys have $12 million a year to spend on upgrades to the receiving corp and defense(after two tagged years for Dez). I for one don't want to see Dez making more than Megatron

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the season I was part of the camp that believed the production difference between a good and a great receiver proved spending big was foolish.

But by the end of the season Dez gave me serious doubts being in that camp.

IMO all WRS are overpaid. I'd rather give a top guy like Dez $13M per year than a good but not great guy like Maclin $11M