• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez news

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can not pay Dez that kinda money if it's me...maybe Dallas will, I keep seeing Dez run out on the field to contest a defensive call against Detroit that by all accounts shoulda been a penalty and cost this team a PLAYOFF win.
Wonder what this boards tune would be this offseason had that happened. 30/35M guaranteed is more than enough respect and borderline stupid considering the player...least in my opinion

Dallas gave Romo a new contract and several extensions since his 'fumbled hold'. That DID cost the cowboys a PLAYOFF win.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dez deserves 15 million a year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone else read the article that basically said the following:

1. Not signing the tag offer and skipping a few games may not hurt Dez at all. He could easily sign a one year deal for more that the tag amount, making up any money lost for two games.
2. Dez could sign the tag with a guarantee that they wont tag him year, virtually making him a free agent. Then the Cowboys would have to pay out of the nose to resign him.

Just pay the man something reasonable today. That dumbass original offer should have never seen the light of day.

A big flaw in that comment. Dallas would have to agree to do so and they won't likely do that. He can't just "easily" do it on his own. IF he starts losing money by sitting the pressure is all on Dez. If the team thinks they can make the playoffs without him or at least stay in the playoff hunt there is very little pressure on them. He needs to come back for 6 weeks or it starts all over next year. So they would have him for the last 6 weeks and any playoff games anyway. I'd let him sit and tag him again the next year and I'd let him know that ahead of time so he'd know what he was up against.

#2 I think they would do if push came to shove.

In all comments here we need to remember that Dez never said he would miss a game

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big flaw in that comment. Dallas would have to agree to do so and they won't likely do that. He can't just "easily" do it on his own. IF he starts losing money by sitting the pressure is all on Dez. If the team thinks they can make the playoffs without him or at least stay in the playoff hunt there is very little pressure on them. He needs to come back for 6 weeks or it starts all over next year. So they would have him for the last 6 weeks and any playoff games anyway. I'd let him sit and tag him again the next year and I'd let him know that ahead of time so he'd know what he was up against.

#2 I think they would do if push came to shove.

In all comments here we need to remember that Dez never said he would miss a game

The part that I didn't include on #1 was if the Cowboys are down 0-2 after the first two games, it gives Dez a bit more leverage to ask for make up money.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that I didn't include on #1 was if the Cowboys are down 0-2 after the first two games, it gives Dez a bit more leverage to ask for make up money.
what if their 2-0 after two games?

"it gives Dez a bit more leverage to ask for make up money"

ONLY IN 2016 AND HE'LL NEVER GET that LOST MONEY BACK

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you basing this on? How do you know what the original offer was? How was the team low balling their original offer any different than Dez asking for more money than Calvin (if he really is)?

IMO The respect thing is BS. It's all about the money and it's always all about the money...

Money = respect

The original offer that I saw reported was 10yrs/114mil/20mil guaranteed. I have not seen this report disputed by anyone. This deal would have paid him an average of 10 million over the first 6 years of the contract. You don't honestly think that this was a fair market value deal do you? Dez would have never seen the last 4 years of that deal. As much as some people may not like the economic climate of the NFL, that is the world these guys operate in, and in that world 10yrs/114mil/20mil guaranteed is an extremely low ball offer for a player of Dez's caliber -- especially when you consider Mike Wallace got 5yrs/60mil/30mil guaranteed.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas gave Romo a new contract and several extensions since his 'fumbled hold'. That DID cost the cowboys a PLAYOFF win.
If that fumbled snap cost the Cowboys a playoff win, then so did the Dez drop.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that salary or year or does it include his signing bonus?

it would be a combination of base salary, signing bonus, and roster bonuses. The figures I provided would be the cap hits per year.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good guys! It's kinda nice to have the whole band back together. Some pretty good discussion as of late.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to compare a WR to a QB? Tell me which is easier to find in the draft?

Actually it seems he is comparing Dez to a holder and left off what that player did AFTER the fumbled snap (which also led to an NFL rule change for "slick" balls) since his contracts were WELL after that...very bizarre and very "off base" analogy

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be a combination of base salary, signing bonus, and roster bonuses. The figures I provided would be the cap hits per year.

So what is the signing bonus, this plays large into the cap management.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it seems he is comparing Dez to a holder and left off what that player did AFTER the fumbled snap (which also led to an NFL rule change for "slick" balls) since his contracts were WELL after that...very bizarre and very "off base" analogy
Romo the holder did not get that contract.